• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
30 May 2021 12:05 #17041 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?

nappypappy wrote: Oh what a mess and i hope it gets worked out right for you......there are crooks everywhere now days and to think they can even take over a pipeline .....:bacon0

They did take over the pipeline, they got it back by paying the ransom... :surprised

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
02 Jun 2021 08:14 - 02 Jun 2021 08:16 #17042 by Geno
Well I was doing real good, 90 decks parted with only 20 in the shop left to go, along with a few strays outside then it happened... :hiding

I take a finger and push on a carriage bolt if it comes out of its hole and starts spinning, then hit the impact to finish taking it off. My left index finger to be exact. I've done this with thousands of bolts here lately let alone over the years, you guys prob do the same. Well, I put my finger on one yesterday and as soon as I felt it rusted up, shaped sort of like a T with sharp edges I should have stopped but I was in a hurry. I knew it was a bad idea before I hit the impact trigger and I'm not sure what I was thinking other than I wasn't thinking... :laughing

Needless to say most of the end of that finger has a lot of chunks missing and is chopped up really deep like it was put in a blender. :doh Now I get to experience life for awhile (like I have before) without the use of an index finger for awhile. You know how it is, you find out how important that finger is for everything from lifting to putting your shoes on, picking something small up, starting a nut on a bolt, taking a leak, etc lol. Not to mention the joy of keeping it dry while taking a shower or washing your hands... :rolling3

I guess I'll have to find things to do that are lighter duty for awhile, and keep far away from the carb cleaner can for awhile for sure. That stuff will light you up in bad cuts. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 02 Jun 2021 08:16 by Geno.

More
02 Jun 2021 09:52 #17043 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: Well I was doing real good, 90 decks parted with only 20 in the shop left to go, along with a few strays outside then it happened... :hiding

I take a finger and push on a carriage bolt if it comes out of its hole and starts spinning, then hit the impact to finish taking it off. My left index finger to be exact. I've done this with thousands of bolts here lately let alone over the years, you guys prob do the same. Well, I put my finger on one yesterday and as soon as I felt it rusted up, shaped sort of like a T with sharp edges I should have stopped but I was in a hurry. I knew it was a bad idea before I hit the impact trigger and I'm not sure what I was thinking other than I wasn't thinking... :laughing

Needless to say most of the end of that finger has a lot of chunks missing and is chopped up really deep like it was put in a blender. :doh Now I get to experience life for awhile (like I have before) without the use of an index finger for awhile. You know how it is, you find out how important that finger is for everything from lifting to putting your shoes on, picking something small up, starting a nut on a bolt, taking a leak, etc lol. Not to mention the joy of keeping it dry while taking a shower or washing your hands... :rolling3

I guess I'll have to find things to do that are lighter duty for awhile, and keep far away from the carb cleaner can for awhile for sure. That stuff will light you up in bad cuts. :rolling

>( >( >( >( :getwell :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
02 Jun 2021 11:05 #17044 by CortlandBill
yuk !!!! Gives me chills thinking about it --- hope for a quick recovery !!!!!!!!!!!!so as a related story -- my 13 yr old grandson was working on a mower deck with me few days ago and he had screwdriver in one hand and was exerting pressure to pry something off and had his other hand in the "line of fire" of direction of screwdriver -- usually i'm pretty casual in "teaching " him how to do mechanical things ( don't want it to sound like a lecture) -- but this time i saw danger and rather assertively said "STOP" -- reminded him never have one hand in the way of a tool -- He had been told that many times prior but in his moment he was just working along and innocently had NOT thought about his vulnerability -- so thankfully he stopped, and i restated the lesson -- and fortunately before the screw driver could have slipped, no injury - caught him in time --- so i said to him "do yo know how i know not to do it that way"????? I said because I've done it wrong and hurt my self"....... sooo........... that led to another common statement I joked with him -- Websters definition of experience is "life's accumulated mistakes" so i finished with "and your Grampy has lots of "experience" meaning I've made many mistakes - but do we learn from them??? -- hopefully not by injury -- Soooo another example that we are all learning and teaching the next generation of herd loyalists - so he's just 13 but many of our lessons we learned from Dads and or grand Dads, or Uncles, etc will be learned and passed along by a teenage grandson when he becomes older role model - and he'll teach his children and on it goes - I told him he'll be telling these lessons to his grandchildren and maybe somewhere he'll say to his son or daughter or grandchild " when working on our WH tractors, my Grampy always told me when doing a job...................................." Fill in the blank............

More
03 Jun 2021 08:22 - 03 Jun 2021 08:23 #17045 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
I guess I'll have to find things to do that are lighter duty for awhile, and keep far away from the carb cleaner can for awhile for sure. That stuff will light you up in bad cuts. :rolling[/quote]
>( >( >( >( :getwell :bacon0[/quote]

O the life of a mechanic, mangled mine 2 years ago. It comes with the job. Hope it heals well!

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 03 Jun 2021 08:23 by GT 14.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Jun 2021 10:38 #17046 by Geno
It does come with the job lol. :tounge2

I'm back to decks today, I did lighter stuff yesterday but I need these things outta the shop. Today will be practicing using the middle finger in place of the index finger. I should be pretty good at it in a few hours. :yes

I'm running out of cart space, I never thought this much stuff would be saved but that's cool. Call me Mr Spindle now lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
03 Jun 2021 10:58 #17047 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: It does come with the job lol. :tounge2

I'm back to decks today, I did lighter stuff yesterday but I need these things outta the shop. Today will be practicing using the middle finger in place of the index finger. I should be pretty good at it in a few hours. :yes

I'm running out of cart space, I never thought this much stuff would be saved but that's cool. Call me Mr Spindle now lol. :laughing

Great and just like my daddy always said you just cant ever have to many spindles...........:yay :woo :10 :cof3 :getwell :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

More
03 Jun 2021 12:41 #17048 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Great and just like my daddy always said you just cant ever have to many spindles...........:yay :woo :10 :cof3 :getwell :bacon0[/quote]
I think your spinning a yarn Nappy

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
03 Jun 2021 13:06 - 03 Jun 2021 15:11 #17049 by nappypappy

GT 14 wrote: Great and just like my daddy always said you just cant ever have to many spindles...........:yay :woo :10 :cof3 :getwell :bacon0

I think your spinning a yarn Nappy [/quote]
no not me...i just want to spin my spindles...............:thanks :hemademe2 :hello :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
Last edit: 03 Jun 2021 15:11 by nappypappy.

More
03 Jun 2021 14:30 #17050 by Kurt-NEPA
Replied by Kurt-NEPA on topic What's everybody doing?
Sorry to hear about the finger Gene, Take care my friend

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds