• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
29 May 2021 08:33 - 29 May 2021 09:14 #17028 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?

CortlandBill wrote: Gosh - -you sure get a lot done in short time line

you said" Spindles, pulleys, nice shells, and most discontinued parts will be organized on the new shelves in the shop." -- Soooo just curious---- then what's next for them ? Do you use as parts to restore or repair a customers mower deck -- of do you sell as used parts?

I haven't thought that far ahead yet, too much to do and not enough hours in a day lol. :jump1

Most parts here are used to repair customers things that are here in the shop. There's not much point in having the shop if I don't have what I need to keep peeps going. My first priority has always been and will always be to the peeps who walk through my door, everything else has always been and will always be secondary. Parting the decks and the other things on my list was just part of the plan for the new rack shelves, making more room in the parking lot, and getting more organized. Once that is done I have a lot more on the organizational list to do and getting into the deck parts more deeply may be a few months, or longer, I have no idea. That part of the puzzle is not even on the list yet...

It all gets back to that time thing and having no idea what will happen from day to day around here. I left here at 3AM this morning, missed supper, and am running on just a few hours of sleep today... There's a lot to do around here, a business to run, parts to keep up with, people call and show up out of the blue, grass to mow, dad to help with things, barns and fences to build, wood to cut, 100 tractors and 5 more cars at the farm that have to be cleared out before cold weather sets in, etc, etc, etc, etc. The only thing that keeps me sane is taking 1 day at a time and doing what I can do today. I'll get into what tomorrow brings tomorrow lol. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 29 May 2021 09:14 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2021 10:20 #17031 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote:

CortlandBill wrote: Gosh - -you sure get a lot done in short time line

you said" Spindles, pulleys, nice shells, and most discontinued parts will be organized on the new shelves in the shop." -- Soooo just curious---- then what's next for them ? Do you use as parts to restore or repair a customers mower deck -- of do you sell as used parts?

I haven't thought that far ahead yet, too much to do and not enough hours in a day lol. :jump1

Most parts here are used to repair customers things that are here in the shop. There's not much point in having the shop if I don't have what I need to keep peeps going. My first priority has always been and will always be to the peeps who walk through my door, everything else has always been and will always be secondary. Parting the decks and the other things on my list was just part of the plan for the new rack shelves, making more room in the parking lot, and getting more organized. Once that is done I have a lot more on the organizational list to do and getting into the deck parts more deeply may be a few months, or longer, I have no idea. That part of the puzzle is not even on the list yet...

It all gets back to that time thing and having no idea what will happen from day to day around here. I left here at 3AM this morning, missed supper, and am running on just a few hours of sleep today... There's a lot to do around here, a business to run, parts to keep up with, people call and show up out of the blue, grass to mow, dad to help with things, barns and fences to build, wood to cut, 100 tractors and 5 more cars at the farm that have to be cleared out before cold weather sets in, etc, etc, etc, etc. The only thing that keeps me sane is taking 1 day at a time and doing what I can do today. I'll get into what tomorrow brings tomorrow lol. :whew

I think you need to slow down and take a few days off..............:smile2 :cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
29 May 2021 10:28 #17032 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
I always ask for a US representative as soon as they pick up the phone. The US reps get things done fast and easy, are more apt to give things away and add extra credit to your account for your trouble. Worth a try. :thumb1[/quote]

The issue has not been with communication per say but with several Amazon scam web sites and service line numbers. These are very sophisticated and mimic the real systems to a T.
Until this fiasco I had no idea the amount of scam artist we now are dealing with. I now use double verification on all logins and a 16 digit password.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 May 2021 11:15 #17034 by Geno
Wow, I hadn't heard that yet, thanks for the heads up. :thumb

I never really call them. I go here - www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us ? It asks you to log in then I pick an order, put in my phone number and in 2 seconds the phone rings, they always call me. Have you done it that way?

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 May 2021 11:20 #17035 by Geno

nappypappy wrote:
I think you need to slow down and take a few days off..............:smile2 :cof3 :bacon0

I'll have to at some point, I can feel a breaking point coming, that's when I'll prob do it lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

More
29 May 2021 12:02 #17036 by nappypappy

Geno wrote:

nappypappy wrote:

I'll have to at some point, I can feel a breaking point coming, that's when I'll prob do it lol. :laughing

Yeah you need to go bowling or maybe take up golf.....maybe find a hobby......we all need breaks before we break ,like taking a nap before going to bed...............:smile2 :cof3 :2cents :cold :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
29 May 2021 12:08 #17037 by CortlandBill
yes its always amazingly theraputtic at end of the day to make a check mark next to tasks in the "to do list" - Great sense f accomplishment -- But i agree - just take a time out day -- as saying goes -- "it will all be there the next day waiting for you when you return" --- recharging batteries usually isn't really understood until its too late -- Come back stronger and more motivated than ever !! My staff would always realize when i was pushing too hard and send me to the gym for a workout to burn off toxins -- or they'd clear my schedule and tell me to get out of the office - let my head clear -- I wasn't always aware i was going 100 mph until i took the time out -- then I'd say to the staff "thanks i needed that"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
30 May 2021 08:12 - 30 May 2021 08:14 #17038 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: Wow, I hadn't heard that yet, thanks for the heads up. :thumb

I never really call them. I go here - www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us ? It asks you to log in then I pick an order, put in my phone number and in 2 seconds the phone rings, they always call me. Have you done it that way?

In the past I have, but in the beginning of this situation I was locked out of my account because this hacker was attempting access. The service number that I called seemed to have all the right information, but my old email could not receive anything from Amazon. Who ever I was taking to had me change my email to another one I use, and then went through the process of unlocking my account. That's when the crap hit the fan, and someone ordered an expensive gaming laptop on my account, created a delivery address and archived the order so I did not see it. However I have email alerts from my credit card company. So I jumped right on it and used the procedure you have used and locked up the account again.
UPS actually attempted delivery of the laptop but the vendor required some one to accept deliver and of course the scammer was not there (probably hoped they would leave it and they would grab it) anyway UPS took it somewhere and I have been in contact with them twice to get it sent back to the vendor. UPS has assured me the have a do not deliver order on it and will pick it up, but that has not happened yet.
Amazon has yet to inform me as to how this all happen (they claim that they investigated for 5 days)
My credit card company is investigating to and no report from them either.
Cannot imagine having identity stolen and the crap you would go though for that.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 30 May 2021 08:14 by GT 14.

More
30 May 2021 09:51 #17039 by nappypappy

GT 14 wrote:

Geno wrote: Wow, I hadn't heard that yet, thanks for the heads up. :thumb

In the past I have, but in the beginning of this situation I was locked out of my account because this hacker was attempting access. The service number that I called seemed to have all the right information, but my old email could not receive anything from Amazon. Who ever I was taking to had me change my email to another one I use, and then went through the process of unlocking my account. That's when the crap hit the fan, and someone ordered an expensive gaming laptop on my account, created a delivery address and archived the order so I did not see it. However I have email alerts from my credit card company. So I jumped right on it and used the procedure you have used and locked up the account again.
UPS actually attempted delivery of the laptop but the vendor required some one to accept deliver and of course the scammer was not there (probably hoped they would leave it and they would grab it) anyway UPS took it somewhere and I have been in contact with them twice to get it sent back to the vendor. UPS has assured me the have a do not deliver order on it and will pick it up, but that has not happened yet.
Amazon has yet to inform me as to how this all happen (they claim that they investigated for 5 days)
Cannot imagine having identity stolen and the crap you would go though for that.

Oh what a mess and i hope it gets worked out right for you......there are crooks everywhere now days and to think they can even take over a pipeline .....:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 May 2021 12:04 #17040 by Geno

GT 14 wrote:

Wow, that's pretty sneaky. They'll get it sorted out, good they didn't get it. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.707 seconds