What's everybody doing?

More
26 Mar 2021 11:03 #16867 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Spend as much time as you can with your Dad, mine had dementia for many years and did not know me in the end.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
26 Mar 2021 20:46 #16868 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Nappy and GT are making me want to cry. :surprised

My dad and I have always spent a lot of time together, especially since I got out of all the Worldwide and Nationwide traveling back in 1994 when I started the auto repair business. The 1st 3 years I spent working in his shop at the farm until I built the shop I have now in 1997 so he was around all day every day. Since 97 we hang out some around 4-6 days a week and talk on the phone once or more most every day. Anything he needs fixed on the farm, machinery, water pipes, furnaces, wiring, auto repair and maint, or anything else you can think of if he doesn't do it or have the equip or knowledge I have always fixed or helped when he needed it. Getting out of bed at 11pm to go fix the diesel furnace doesn't bring me much happiness, but who else can you call, not to mention it always happens on a weekend, they never fix things right, then I have to clean up the mess and redo it anyway.. laughing One thing that is nice is I can see his place from mine. I will never have any regrets about the amount of time spent with him because we hang out ten times more more than any father and son I have ever known. We have most everything in common, we think the same, have never been in an argument or even had a tiff between us, and he is the best man I have ever known. I'm just rearranging priorities further to put getting the farm back the way he wants it after he was down for 3 months last year over my business or what I may want to do because that is more important to me, and I need some time off of my property as well...

As most everyone knows, I've been working way too much and need some time away from the shop. This Wheel Horse thing has gotten way too big for me to handle, even going wide open 70+ hours a week. It's growing way too fast and I just can't do it all, and don't have the space to expand and bring in more peeps to help where I am now. The rearranging of business priorities starting last Spring like bringing new equipment to get things done faster and easier, shifting concentration to restores and parts, and dropping the tractor and attachment selling is helping a lot. So... working on the farm with dad and being outside will be a lot of fun, has always been one of my fav things, and will be more like a vacation than work lol. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Mar 2021 12:25 #16869 by Geno
Started gathering up all the motors all over the place in the shop late yesterday and getting them on pallets. Everywhere I look there's a motor tucked somewhere or on carts. This morning I kept saying I was wondering where that one was lol. :laughing Just a constant part of trying to make more floor space... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
27 Mar 2021 16:05 #16871 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: Started gathering up all the motors all over the place in the shop late yesterday and getting them on pallets. Everywhere I look there's a motor tucked somewhere or on carts. This morning I kept saying I was wondering where that one was lol. :laughing Just a constant part of trying to make more floor space... :tounge2

nice bunch you got there and what you going do with them if i may ask? :smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Mar 2021 17:56 #16872 by Geno
Getting them all where I can find them for starters lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Mar 2021 12:36 #16873 by Geno
Making a batch of receiver hitches for the slot setup, and experimenting with a hook setup for the slot to see what peeps think. This is the 3rd batch of receiver setups but they've never been in the store, they usually sell out quick from peeps that come to the shop and they won't fit in a small flat rate box. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Mar 2021 09:25 #16877 by Geno
Hitch receivers are done minus paint, the engines are gathered up and organized minus another pallet for the RJ engines and ready to put with the other pallets of engines in the 4 car garage. :thumb1

At 12:00 it will be time for a quick lunch then I'm off to the farm the rest of the day to work down there and get some quality time in the sun. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Apr 2021 19:16 #16898 by Geno
Working on Horses and enjoying the 82 degrees and sunny today. :yay :woo

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Apr 2021 09:29 - 09 Apr 2021 09:29 #16901 by Geno
Another 80+ degree and sunny day on tap for today. :woo

I'm hoping to take a little break today and do some rolling. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Apr 2021 09:29 by Geno.

More
10 Apr 2021 09:17 #16902 by CortlandBill
yikes.... what do you roll with that monster? I bought a WH roller in 89 when i bought my 312-8 to have when we were putting in lawn on our modest 1/2 acre yard but have not used it in years -- lawns been healthy for couple decades but of course now i am told the lawn shouldn't be compacted but the opposite...... so now i aerate in spring and fall to avoid compaction.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds