• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
26 Jul 2021 19:08 - 26 Jul 2021 19:11 #17179 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Had a little more time to clean today. Early job was clear one of the rear workbenches that had become a bench full of stuff that needed to go in the parts washer, and for some reason tons of old mule drive stuff. I have some plans to change the old 12" wood shelves and brackets that were put up above the bench in 1998 when the Fastenal stuff gets here so I had to do something with the mess on the bench. I'm going to try using one of the 3 rack shelves to do small parts steam cleaning on, I thought it may be today but it was 76 and humid when I came out here before 7 this morning and was almost 104 in the lot at lunch time with no wind at all, that's a little hot even for me lol. :tounge2

A bunch of wheels are off of the rear deck wheel brackets that didn't get done before, I think they got left on the ones after my finger got chewed up in that ordeal. :jump1

After they were done the pallet would fit on a pallet rack shelf and they were off of the other actual car rack (also a HD shelf now lol) so I can start getting smaller parts off of it that can go on the regular pallet racks. The first one got the PTO bells and clutches on it, it's not full but it will be after the 100 or so more are on it from the other parts tractors all over the place here and at the farm. The next pallet will be all the parts to make the PTO work, brackets, bells, rods, levers, etc.

There's been A LOT of organizing done around here over years and I'm thankful for what all is stuffed in these 3 buildings and how it is organized. Of course there was a lot more room before the Wheel Horse thing exploded out of control but I know that's what I'm supposed to be doing... I have a ton if stuff in this 5K square foot building, the 4 car, and 1 1/2 car garages, but I came to the realization today that I just can't see enough room here to organize it all no matter what fixtures I bring in or what I do other than moving to a much bigger place and putting in a lot more of the large pallet racks. I've been praying about that for several years but I guess the timing isn't right yet... :thumb1

I may need to get more radical in my thinking and change up a few things that have been the same in here for about 24 years since I built this and the 4 car garage. I haven't thought about anything like that because I've been here so long I've become comfortable with where a lot of things are, maybe I need to think a little outside the box...  :whistle

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 26 Jul 2021 19:11 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy, Kurt-NEPA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Jul 2021 10:46 #17180 by Geno
Had the cannon out early this morning while it was still cool, this time I didn't get covered up lol. :rolling3

The cart works really good for holding things and you can hit pieces from all directions, even the edges hold flat pieces well then they can be flipped to get the other side. I learn something new every day, you guys should give it a try. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy, Kurt-NEPA

More
27 Jul 2021 11:49 - 27 Jul 2021 11:50 #17181 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Been working on my Sons class C motor home. New Tires, packing wheel bearings, changing oil in the generator and fixing the spare tire. (nobody looks at their spare)

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 27 Jul 2021 11:50 by GT 14.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno, nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Jul 2021 19:01 #17182 by Geno
Most peeps don't look at the spare do they... :doh Snap us some pics when you're doing this stuff GT so we can see too. :smile2

After the parts washing this morning the shop had peeps in starting at lunch and the rest of the day so didn't get a lot more done. The peeps that came at lunch brought me lunch, that was nice, anytime I don't have to cook for myself which is usually about 20 meals a week of the 21 is a real treat to me lol. :hungry2 :woo

The parts off of the benches cleared in the back are clean and ready to go on a pallet, the test bench floor mat looks nice like it used to and just 3 more to do next time the steamer is out, and when it's better cooler weather. Another thing that is way overdue is to get the floor scrubber out, it's been too long, that is 1st up on the list after the Fastenal hauling is done and put up somewhere. The front and side of the shop where peeps see the most got steamed and cleaned up as well. It gets the worst the quickest because it's where the lighting is and the spiders hang out there you know... It sure has been hot around here lately even for me so I have to remember to shift all outdoor work to early mornings. The next several days are just going to get hotter and hotter, with no wind to speak of... :whew

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
31 Jul 2021 07:57 - 31 Jul 2021 07:57 #17186 by Geno
What am I doing, organizing the world as time allows, story of my life lol. :tounge2

I think I moved over half of the pallets on the property yesterday but more and more things are getting organized. It's nice knowing where most everything is at for a change and if I need something for a job it's already broken down into each individual piece. It will sure be nice when it's all done. :woo

There's still a lot on the 4 post rack (shelf) to organize but most of it is broken down, except one of the 4 wheel wagons full of mule drives lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 31 Jul 2021 07:57 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
02 Aug 2021 10:40 #17190 by Geno
I was a little ahead of schedule on Sat so I got the rear wing for the Cavalier sanded down, repainted + cleared, gave the car a good wax job, the AC could have been just a little colder so I topped it off as well. The wing got put on early this morning then took it out on a little cigar run and she's all done and ready to go to a new home. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
02 Aug 2021 16:48 #17193 by Geno
I played a little more hooky today and got the top down on the Camaro and gave her a quick wax job. I've had her 20 years but only had her out of the garage once in the past 6 years, and that was just a little over 3 years ago. I used to drive it a lot in the good weather months (it's never been driven in the snow, cold, or even rain since new) and it's time to live a little so she is ready to go too but not for sale, for cruisin' lol. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
02 Aug 2021 22:54 #17194 by CortlandBill
amazing parts inventory -- but if you don't plan to sell the parts, what are you actually going to do with them?

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Aug 2021 08:32 - 03 Aug 2021 08:40 #17195 by Geno
Morning Bill. :cof3

A lot of peeps say they don't understand why with all these parts we don't just list them, sell them all, and ship them all over. That's not what Wheel Horse Stables is all about, and the evidence is in thousands and thousands of posts all over this forum. I have explained this 100 times and counting, but it's not what a lot of peeps want to hear so they keep this question stirred up lol. :tounge2

I sell parts every single day, but what some don't really get because they've never owned or run a successful business on a nation wide scale, (and some just don't want to hear) is that this is a walk in, hands on, long term business. It is a Wheel Horse only restoration, repair shop, fab shop, etc, with customers from Seattle WA to Central Maine, Wisconsin to Texas, everywhere in-between, and the only one of it's kind in the USA. You can look through literally thousands of posts here and see where these parts are all used or made to do things in the shop for customers all over the USA all the time. There are also many many more jobs that are not posted here, there just not enough hours in a day and we work at least 72 hours a week, most weeks are more than that. :whew

I plan on doing this for many many more years, the rest of my life if the Lord allows. We do work for peeps from coast to coast and also have regular customers that come from many other States all the time. I can't do what I do or take care of peeps that walk through my door if I don't have parts, and as a walk in full time Wheel Horse only business my first priority has to be to the peeps that walk through my door every day. :thumb1

So I guess to answer your question,,, we do sell parts, probably more than any other Wheel Horse peeps in the country every single day, we just do it in a different way. :smile2

I got more detailed here because I'm going to copy this reply to a new post in a few other sections here on the forum so I can just direct them to that post from now on and forgo all the sitting in front of the puter typing lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 03 Aug 2021 08:40 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Aug 2021 09:38 #17197 by Geno
I added a few more details and another parts link in this post here- What WHS is all about

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.626 seconds