• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
27 May 2021 12:13 #17015 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Hey Bill.

I talk to several peeps a day about spindles, there is no consistency in the WH decks in the least like everything else so I answer most spindle questions with "I have no idea". Most of these and other decks don't have tags or model numbers on them so I have no idea what most of the parts actually are, especially spindles. I could tag them at some point if I get a deck in here that has a model number and I find a matching spindle then eventually sort them out at that point. Inventoried, prob never, it takes too much time, once everything is grouped and organized it's easier for me to just go look and see what's here as I need things.

Cast iron pulleys have numbers in them so they are easy, as are a lot of the other parts, and I sell and ship a lot of them, just not spindles...

I do a lot of deck work here and am doing a spindle + pulley on one now, it's not hard to match up parts but as far as selling + shipping (shipping being another problem as all we have is USPS) that has always been on the back burner. Just trying to keep up with what goes on here is more than I can handle already lol. :laughing

In the future things may change but the biggest thing I need now and have always needed is time, there's just not enough of it to do everything everyone in the Horse world needs...

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2021 09:55 - 28 May 2021 09:56 #17017 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
I have been dealing with fraud on my Amazon account for the last 10 Days :angry :angry2 :beat I think it is being resolved but the proof is not in yet.
I have concluded through this experience that all scams and legitimate customer service are based in India. I have yet to speak to anyone that did not have a strong India accent. Have had to have some repeat what they are trying to say. :nono :delete :sissy

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 28 May 2021 09:56 by GT 14.

More
28 May 2021 10:25 #17018 by CortlandBill
I am always amazed and impressed by what you get done !!!!!! Productivity, commitment, outcomes are incredible --- LOVE your photos -- they bring real context to the awesome WH effort you have there . We all certainly understand how precious time is - just seems the minutes, days and months just fly by - I understand the story about the spindles and other parts - when you said you were breaking down 80 decks -- i just wondered -- sooooooo........... what in heck are you going to do with 80 sets of carriage lift assemblies - hundreds of spindles, wheels , rollers , pulleys, shells, belts, etc if not selling them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
28 May 2021 10:28 #17019 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

GT 14 wrote: I have been dealing with fraud on my Amazon account for the last 10 Days :angry :angry2 :beat I think it is being resolved but the proof is not in yet.
I have concluded through this experience that all scams and legitimate customer service are based in India. I have yet to speak to anyone that did not have a strong India accent. Have had to have some repeat what they are trying to say. :nono :delete :sissy

I have trouble hearing on the phone and i know just what you are saying about that....they try and speak English but its not good enough for my o hillbilly ears............i say what a lot...,sorry i just cant understand you...let me talk to someone else....or i hang up....:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT 14

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 May 2021 12:41 #17022 by Geno

GT 14 wrote: I have been dealing with fraud on my Amazon account for the last 10 Days :angry :angry2 :beat I think it is being resolved but the proof is not in yet.

I always ask for a US representative as soon as they pick up the phone. The US reps get things done fast and easy, are more apt to give things away and add extra credit to your account for your trouble. Worth a try. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 May 2021 12:55 - 28 May 2021 12:55 #17023 by Geno

CortlandBill wrote: I am always amazed and impressed by what you get done !!!!!! Productivity, commitment, outcomes are incredible --- LOVE your photos -- they bring real context to the awesome WH effort you have there . We all certainly understand how precious time is - just seems the minutes, days and months just fly by - I understand the story about the spindles and other parts - when you said you were breaking down 80 decks -- i just wondered -- sooooooo........... what in heck are you going to do with 80 sets of carriage lift assemblies - hundreds of spindles, wheels , rollers , pulleys, shells, belts, etc if not selling them?

Spindles, pulleys, nice shells, and most discontinued parts will be organized on the new shelves in the shop. I kept quite a few steel parts but that stuff doesn't go bad a lot, and those are also parts I can make if need be. Consumables like wheels, belts and such all go for junk, I have plenty of new ones in stock. I have someone that comes and gets what I don't want when I call him, he then takes them and scraps them. He said scrap steel was at $175 a ton now so all I have to do is call, he picks it up and makes some too. Good for both of us and I can keep on working. He's already taken 1 truckload, I have another ready today, and will have 1-2 more by beginning of next week.

I just finished up all the 36" stuff and there is some nice 36" metal parts going for junk in the pile, I kept more than enough and there's not a lot of demand for those. If anyone wants any of it they can have it for free if they come and get it outta my way lol. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 28 May 2021 12:55 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 May 2021 13:00 #17024 by Geno
The 36" decks are done and brought in 40 of the 42-48" decks to part out before the rain hit this morning and got everything wet. There's some colder weather coming in as well so I'm set with something to do this weekend, time to get going on them. :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
28 May 2021 13:18 #17025 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: The 36" decks are done and brought in 40 of the 42-48" decks to part out before the rain hit this morning and got everything wet. There's some colder weather coming in as well so I'm set with something to do this weekend, time to get going on them. :thumb

Hummmm 48s Hummm.....i need a couple good shells or one at least.......Hummmm........will you sell a good one or you keeping the good ones?

:smile2 :cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
28 May 2021 16:48 #17026 by CortlandBill
Gosh - -you sure get a lot done in short time line
you said" Spindles, pulleys, nice shells, and most discontinued parts will be organized on the new shelves in the shop." -- Soooo just curious---- then what's next for them ? Do you use as parts to restore or repair a customers mower deck -- of do you sell as used parts?

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 May 2021 08:09 #17027 by Geno

nappypappy wrote:

Geno wrote: The 36" decks are done and brought in 40 of the 42-48" decks to part out before the rain hit this morning and got everything wet. There's some colder weather coming in as well so I'm set with something to do this weekend, time to get going on them. :thumb

Hummmm 48s Hummm.....i need a couple good shells or one at least.......Hummmm........will you sell a good one or you keeping the good ones?

:smile2 :cof3 :bacon0

I didn't get far into parting them or what is there yesterday, it got crazy around here. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds