• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
14 Jun 2021 16:44 #17069 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
A freak small strong storm showed up here Sat around 5:30 pm. Really strong winds from dead North that did a lot of damage in just a few mile area, worst of it right here. Dad picked a good time to sell the farm acreage he did, some damage to the barns and a 150' long around 80' wide tobacco barn is on the ground. The wind just pushed it right over to the South and there was no rot in the lumber at all. The 150' ran from N to S so there was a lot of surface area there, and the barn was 6-7 rails high not counting the bottom 10' below the first rail. There were also several trees down, one of them right across his 3 car garage doors where he couldn't get out for church or to grocery shop on Sunday so he and I got it cut up and drug out in the front field and finished around 8:30 Sat night.

I got a pic when it started up here but when I got really bad I couldn't get outside. :whew

You never know what a day may bring... :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2021 07:43 #17070 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: A freak small strong storm showed up here Sat around 5:30 pm. Really strong winds from dead North that did a lot of damage in just a few mile area, worst of it right here. Dad picked a good time to sell the farm acreage he did, some damage to the barns and a 150' long around 80' wide tobacco barn is on the ground. The wind just pushed it right over to the South and there was no rot in the lumber at all. The 150' ran from N to S so there was a lot of surface area there, and the barn was 6-7 rails high not counting the bottom 10' below the first rail. There were also several trees down, one of them right across his 3 car garage doors where he couldn't get out for church or to grocery shop on Sunday so he and I got it cut up and drug out in the front field and finished around 8:30 Sat night.

I got a pic when it started up here but when I got really bad I couldn't get outside. :whew

You never know what a day may bring... :laughing

Yeah weather in Kentucky can be nice one minute and crazy the next..........glad no body got hurt...............:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
15 Jun 2021 11:25 #17071 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: Dad and I just got back from the pallet, pizza, and country ham run lol. :jump1

It's 94.8 degrees in the parking lot and no wind. :whew Needless to say the shop package units just came online in AC mode for the 1st time this year, I like hot but this is a little hot even for me. :tounge2

I send the Carrier family a Christmas Card every year. He is my hero!

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 Jun 2021 18:59 #17074 by Geno
LOL GT. :rolling3

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
21 Jun 2021 17:10 #17081 by Geno
I was supposed to have another Air Horse show up today for hydro problems but the weather turned ugly so we put it off till this Sat. That gave me the chance to finish dissembling the spindles, some other deck parts, and getting them all organized. I got the spindles all apart but 3 of the lower spacers, I'll let them soak for a few days. Most of the small parts are already put up in Fastenal bins, I feel empowered now that I can find things lol... :laughing

A lot of them came apart the hard way but at least most of it is done. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

More
21 Jun 2021 17:25 #17082 by CortlandBill
that's an impressive inventory - if you want a new nickname we can call you "Spindle Man"

More
21 Jun 2021 17:26 #17083 by CortlandBill
sorta like the super hero Spider Man - you're our WH super hero... Spindle Man

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
21 Jun 2021 19:10 #17084 by Geno
I wouldn't go that far lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Jun 2021 14:23 - 22 Jun 2021 14:24 #17085 by Geno
Most of the deck parting is over and put away, the carts are cleaned and it's time to get back to getting to the rack. :woo There are 4-5 1054 decks and around 30 nice gear drive decks that are staying put together, for now... I've had enough deck work for awhile but I sure learned a lot taking them all apart and organizing the parts, and my finger is finally filling back in lol. :tounge2

I've started getting back to the original organizing, cleaning and making more space.

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 22 Jun 2021 14:24 by Geno.

More
22 Jun 2021 15:30 #17086 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: Most of the deck parting is over and put away, the carts are cleaned and it's time to get back to getting to the rack. :woo There are 4-5 1054 decks and around 30 nice gear drive decks that are staying put together, for now... I've had enough deck work for awhile but I sure learned a lot taking them all apart and organizing the parts, and my finger is finally filling back in lol. :tounge2

I've started getting back to the original organizing, cleaning and making more space.

Place looks great and you should have a cookout......:hungry2 :10 :smile2 :cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds