• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
10 Aug 2021 19:37 #17213 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Spent today with dad doing some bush hogging, taking down a bunch of fence, and marking off for the new barn. Felt good working on the farm but I think I wore dad out lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2021 06:35 #17214 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Glad he can still get out to get wore out. :whew

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
11 Aug 2021 13:16 #17215 by Geno
Me too GT, it's the best blessing I have or will ever have. :thumb1

I have some peeps coming in from Michigan today so dad is taking it a little easier without his slave driver and I'm working around the shop. The rolling Fastenal shelves aren't terribly strong so I cut a piece of plywood this morning and I always seem to find a place to use more of that cheap (price mistake on Amazon) rubber mat to make things look nice and protect things. It's everywhere but I knew it would come in handy one day and still have a few 4x8' rolls left. :jump1

Peeps are always asking about hitches when they're here so I made a spot for all the different ones so I don't have to constantly go and find them. It also opens things up to what all can be done since I have plenty of the slot hitches and slot steel here. That saves time and it's what I need the most of lol. :tounge2

I'm also digging in the paint booth, it's 22x24' and I just may have a plan to clear half of it which would be more than enough to do tractors and parts in, I'm really trying to move the painting out of the main shop area... :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
11 Aug 2021 18:56 #17216 by Geno
I had a little time before my new friend and old WH dealer from MI showed today up so I started clearing a cart in the paint booth full of metal building screws, drywall screws, outdoor screws, nails, etc. I think I found all the metal building screws around here, maybe... I left some room in case I find some more and will be doing the same with the other categories because things have a habit of being all over the place around here for some reason... :doh Funny how over 5K screws unorganized in 3 small buckets only take up 3 bins when shaken down with room to spare but I like that a lot. Next on to drywall and outdoor type screws, then nails last. :thumb

There are prob over 10k nails around here, not counting that many more nail gun coils or rails. Now that I'll know where the regular nails are I'll try to use them more often and get rid of them instead of always grabbing a nail gun for smaller projects. I'm trying to get focused some more... :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Aug 2021 14:48 #17218 by Geno
Can anyone tell I'm either bored or crazy yet? :rolling3

I can't get something started in the shop that's all cleared for the Fastenal stuff, dad says it's way to hot to work outside, and I can't sit down, or in front of the idiot box so I have to do something lol. :tounge2

Drywall and exterior screws are done and took only 3 bins as well with room to spare. I'm trying to figure out what to do with all these nails I've had for 25 or more years when I remodeled the house and built the garages here, and some of it as old as me that dad dropped off here over the years lol. I know I need to keep some of them, but some I don't think I'll ever use, but I can't throw away all this Made in USA stuff, it's all been paid for for many years and can't be replaced with anything today. If needed some and had to buy them now they would be expensive China garbage and it would make me sick. Being organized and easy to find I'm more apt to use them for small things instead of dragging out the nail guns. If I throw something away I'll need it, and if I keep something I won't, right? :doh

I don't know if I'm a hoarder, a wise man, need counseling, or a little of all of those... I do know I've been talking to myself here a lot lately and started to answer myself... :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

More
12 Aug 2021 20:14 #17219 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?
I don't know if I'm a hoarder, a wise man, need counseling, or a little of all of those... I do know I've been talking to myself here a lot lately and started to answer myself... :laughing[/quote]

Humm......you need a vacation where there is a nice beach with lots of pruddy girls to look at........and now your answering yourself so you are your best friend......problem is you cant be two people in one body but you trying too............:2cents :cof3 :smile2 :hello :getwell :spock :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Aug 2021 07:23 #17221 by Geno
Aaaaaaaaahhhhh, a vacation sounds good. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Aug 2021 19:12 #17222 by Geno
I would have never thought all of this little project would fit in less than 3 rows, especially all the button caps, gutter nails, and pole barn nails with some room to spare. :surprised The pole barn nails had to be stacked but I still can't believe they fit. The bins are also a lot stronger than I thought, I don't think there is a real weight limit to the bins or fixtures and the more I use them the more I like them. All of this little project will prob end up in a rack somewhere else out of the WH parts area but at least they are all organized and the bins are always easy to move around. :thumb1

There are a lot of some things because at times I couldn't find them and bought more, that little problem has finally been eliminated, for nails and screws anyway... :tounge2 :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 Aug 2021 15:42 #17226 by Geno
With the Pond mobile gone I thought it was time for a good up front cleaning, like an actual move everything and clean up, even in the corners and where peeps can't see very well. It's been awhile since it got anything more than a quick cleaning and mopping and it shows... There may be a small remodel as well, I haven't decided yet, we'll see. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
17 Aug 2021 09:02 #17227 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
:thumb1 :thumb

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds