• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
19 Aug 2021 19:21 #17232 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
I found out I can see out the window down the drive and highway under the monitor from where I sit at the puter without the tree in the way and I like that so I put the waiting area on hold until the Fastenal move is done and I have more time to think about it. :confused1

I've been meaning to move to the rats nest of the right rear corner where the parts washer, oil drums and an old Craftsman roll around were for a long time so I went there instead. Dad came up and helped me get a drum dolly under the trans fluid drum that didn't have one for some reason (there are a few extras in the 4 car garage) and get the parts washer on dollies to move it. The roll around was loaded with automotive brake parts, tire repair stuff, rad, coolant, fuel caps and the like, tools that should be in tool boxes, etc, etc, etc. I made extra space in the Craftsman work bench a long time ago and I knew it would all fit in there and be easier to find if it were organized, along with getting rid of some stuff that I wasn't sure why I kept it unless it was temporary for a job after the parts houses had closed or to give to someone who needed it.

The more I cleaned and moved stuff around the more I noticed that a lot of the shop and most of the 50' wall in front of the racks was still geared totally toward auto repair and some of it was basically a catch all now... It may be time to take some drastic measures and change what I've been used to for almost 25 years since I built the building,,, but the question is will I be able to find anything when it's done, not that that stuff is used a lot anymore. :laughing Most of the automotive work I do now is rare and for a very select few, family, and my stuff. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 Aug 2021 10:53 #17233 by Geno
My friend Kevin (who also runs an HVAC business in E-town South of me) is gonna check over the 2 5 ton package units for the shop but he recommended getting the one on the West side going in case he found something in the East one that I use most of the time. The East one is behind where the parts washer was, the West one is on the left side opposite the other one in another rats nest I need to do something with in front of the S-10 on the 2 post rack.... The West one hadn't been used in 8-9 years but fired right up this morning and works fine. They haven't been opened since I put them in in 1998 and need a good check over and coil cleaning I'm sure...

Also doing a little early morning garage, porch, car, tool box, gas can, and mat washing. I guess it's gonna be a cleaning day unless it gets too hot outside. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
21 Aug 2021 16:22 #17234 by Geno
Well, I lost the parts washer, evidently it didn't like being moved after 24 years and it started to leak in the right rear corner. It's been cleaned out several times over the years but this was it's final cleaning before going in the dumpster. It's paid for itself many times over and 24 years is a good run so I guess I'll go parts washer shopping, I bet the next one won't last that long and if it does I'll be 83 then lol. :laughing I parted it this morning and kept the top panel, bottom shelf and uprights to do something with after they get cleaned up.

The right rear corner looks a lot better and I also found Beer Box hiding back there under a bunch of cardboard. :tounge2

Now I just need to tackle the left rear corner in-between other things at some point... :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Aug 2021 08:19 #17235 by Geno
Spent some of the day at the farm yesterday finishing taking out a fence row and going over this morning to load up the posts and finish it up. Dad thinks we're finished taking out what fences are coming out. All I do know is yesterday was the hottest day we've had here this year, it was brutally hot and sun was shining bright with no wind to speak of. When I got back to the shop it was 105.3 in the parking lot and today is supposed to be the same or a little hotter... :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

More
25 Aug 2021 06:46 #17236 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Days like that I only work till Mid Morning, can't remember the last time it was over 95 here. :wsun :doh

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Aug 2021 07:44 #17238 by Geno
The very worst part I think is trying to keep the sweat out of your eyes... :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

More
25 Aug 2021 10:54 #17239 by GT 14

Geno wrote: The very worst part I think is trying to keep the sweat out of your eyes... :whew

I always wear my trusty head band to prevent that.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Aug 2021 12:42 #17240 by Geno
There's usually some kind of breeze but I guess I'll have to get me one of those just in case. :thumb Spent all morning weed eating and hill mowing, now it's time to mow the rest. I had planned on waiting until it thinned out a little from drying out because there was no chance of rain this week and plenty of hot but of course the weather idiot lol has changed all that and it's looking like maybe some rain tonight... :doh

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Aug 2021 18:30 #17241 by Geno
There's a spot between me and my neighbor that gets mowed every so often instead of every week and it got a little out of hand a month or so ago, it happens sometimes... With all the hard rains and heat it got pretty grown up pretty fast (to the tune of about 3 - 3 1/2 feet) so I had to go over to the farm and get out some bigger guns lol. :guns :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
29 Aug 2021 11:03 #17248 by GT 14
Now that's a mower!!

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds