• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
08 Oct 2020 19:18 #16416 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic OK, Here We Go
I'm wondering where on Earth did all theses fuel tanks, hoods and other things come from. Every time I move something I find something else. :doh

The good thing is I have plenty of parts for peeps who need them on restores or to fix their stuff, and I've learned my lesson lol. :laughing

Here are some pics from throughout the day. The Hurricane rain is coming in day after tomorrow so the plan is to get as much done outside as possible before then. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Oct 2020 18:45 #16420 by Geno
With some pep talks from Dad and Justin this morning I actually got rid of some old beat up, cut up, and rust pitted hoods and parts today. Filled dad's truck up and off it went, GT would be proud too. :jump1 One of the hoods brought back some memories, Scott's Air Horse hood. Some of these things have been hiding under the rack for many years. :whew

There are about 30 tractors out back for now, it's starting to shape up a little around here. :yes

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Oct 2020 10:31 #16421 by Geno
Weird site to walk out to this morning, there's a parking lot out there lol. :rolling3

This may be a good time to empty it, clean it up and reseal it, maybe next week.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Oct 2020 10:41 #16422 by Geno
I wasn't planning on this at all but I'm gonna get rid of the mess on the rack / shelf. I just can't take the clutter anymore and this is as good a time as any. There's stuff up there that's been buried for prob 5 years or more... I see everything from deck parts to towers to dual wheel adapters and there's even a set of wheelie bars above the dual adapters, who knows what's up there. :doh Started on it first thing this morning but it may take awhile. :whew

There's a lot parts up there that are also in other garages, I need to get it all together instead of 3-4 places so I can find something when I or someone else needs it.

Welcome to the Stables!

More
10 Oct 2020 11:09 #16423 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic OK, Here We Go

Geno wrote: I wasn't planning on this at all but I'm gonna get rid of the mess on the rack / shelf. I just can't take the clutter anymore and this is as good a time as any. There's stuff up there that's been buried for prob 5 years or more... I see everything from deck parts to towers to dual wheel adapters and there's even a set of wheelie bars above the dual adapters, who knows what's up there. :doh Started on it first thing this morning but it may take awhile. :whew

There's a lot parts up there that are also in other garages, I need to get it all together instead of 3-4 places so I can find something when I or someone else needs it.

Needs..i see tie rods and other things i could use......:10 :woo :smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
19 Oct 2020 18:34 #16434 by Geno
There's all kinds of stuff here, come get some stuff Nappy lol. :laughing

It gets a little more organized every day, coming slowly but surely. :whew Today was finishing up cleaning up the mess from the CTS work, getting the electrical bench cleared, making some cables for Justin that he's been waiting for for a few months, and getting a start on getting the machining area back. I'm running really low on several parts that are made here. Hopefully tomorrow it will close to being back in action. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
19 Oct 2020 19:58 #16435 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: There's all kinds of stuff here, come get some stuff Nappy lol. :laughing
Dont temp me cause i might just show up..oh and i do have half a tank of gas..........:smile2 :computer :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Oct 2020 18:02 - 24 Oct 2020 18:05 #16441 by Geno
It doesn't look like much is getting done but it is much better. I got into stripping down all the frames, hoods, round hood tool boxes, steps, etc that were sitting around all over and getting all the parts all organized. Dad took away a lot of rough sheet metal today after it was stripped down that I should have never kept in the first place... It's weird that I know where most everything is now and it all takes up a lot less space nicely stacked or in the new Fastenal parts bins, except all the stuff at the farm lol. :laughing

A lot of tractors and attachments are sold, the last really nice 407 hour tractor left yesterday. I think I have about 5-6 more that will be sold and the 150 or so left are staying to get parted out and the parts organized so I can quickly grab a part if someone needs one for a restore or repair. It's all coming together slowly but surely. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Oct 2020 18:05 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Oct 2020 18:28 #16445 by Geno
Starting to come together. My fav thing now is being able to walk between all the yellow lines without stepping over or dodging things to get where I want to go, and being able to use equipment without moving something else. It's really nice but really weird at the same time, I'm not used to this yet lol. :rolling3 It's gonna be nice to have the entire center runway empty and the center rack back in action too. :woo

I think it should be wrapped up next week enough to get back to doing some work for other peeps. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

More
29 Oct 2020 20:15 #16446 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: Starting to come together. My fav thing now is being able to walk between all the yellow lines without stepping over or dodging things to get where I want to go, and being able to use equipment without moving something else. It's really nice but really weird at the same time, I'm not used to this yet lol. :rolling3 It's gonna be nice to have the entire center runway empty and the center rack back in action too. :woo

I think it should be wrapped up next week enough to get back to doing some work for other peeps. :thumb1

it just dont look like the same place to me but its yours to do with what ever you want........and if it makes you feel better than so be it......:cool :goodjob :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds