• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
30 Dec 2020 15:33 - 30 Dec 2020 18:21 #16583 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic OK, Here We Go
Everything was going fast and great, I even saw that 45 of the bins were brand new and never used and thought oh cool... Well, the 45 new ones have decals that don't want to come off, they come off in little shards and leave the glue like they are dry rotted or something. :doh I tried everything and the best thing seems to be a steamer and a plastic scraper but they are going to take awhile. Carb cleaner knocks the glue right off so that's a plus. Everything can't be easy right? :tounge2 :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 30 Dec 2020 18:21 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2020 16:28 #16584 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic OK, Here We Go

Geno wrote: Everything was going fast and great, I even saw that 45 of the bins were brand new and never used and thought oh cool... Well, the 45 new ones have decals that don't want to come off, they come off in little shards and leave the glue like they are dry rotted or something. :doh I tried everything and the best thing seems to be a steamer and a plastic scraper but they are going to take awhile. Carb cleaner knocks the glue right off so that's a plus. Everything can't be easy right? :tounge2 :laughing

Looking good.................................................................................................................................:10 :smile2 :getwell :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Dec 2020 18:29 #16585 by Geno
I thought I would be done and have everything moved back there today but the label ordeal is terrible. :dalek It takes over 10 mins to get just one of these things cleaned up. Even with the heat and steam they come off in small pieces, but at least they're coming off. There are some more pics of what they're doing below, they are the most stubborn things I've ever had the joy of removing in all my years... :laughing I'm hoping to have the rest of them done by lunch tomorrow and start moving things back there after lunch.

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
31 Dec 2020 14:05 #16586 by Geno
Almost 8 hours of decal scraping, what fun lol. :tounge2 I have a few hundred more to do someday if anyone around here gets bored. :laughing

The new units are done, now to start putting things back there. I also ended up with a lot more leftovers than I thought yay. :yay

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
01 Jan 2021 18:27 #16588 by Geno
The parts area is finished with all the Fastenal racks I can get back there except for 1 more in the very rear left I'm waiting for, it's what they call a gondola rack with adjustable shelving and holds more specialized types of things. The only bad thing is the leftover parts take up more floor space but they will be put to use someday. :laughing

There are still a lot of small parts around here and up on the rack, and there is still a lot of organizing to do but there is some shelf space and about 90 of the 312 bins in the back are empty or still have some room in them. I have plenty of cross braces, wire decking and bins so more bins can always be added later. There is already about 5 times the parts back there now than before (without the mess) and still room to spare. It amazed me that 4 loaded rolling carts and 4 loaded rolling shelf units full of stuff along with some other boxes full of things fit on those 3 fixtures with room to spare. :surprised I am extremely happy with it especially considering the mess it was. :thumb1

I found several big boxes of Tecumseh stuff I forgot about among other things that were under the old shelves then put on the rolling shelves that are now in the engine section bins. It's really nice knowing where most things are now. I wish I had the time to open all the boxes of stuff back there, I opened a few and found a brand new Ignition Tester in a Tecumseh service parts box, I'll put it to good use. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds