OK, Here We Go

More
07 Aug 2020 07:29 - 07 Aug 2020 07:32 #16282 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic OK, Here We Go

Geno wrote: Oh boy... :rolling3

I got to thinking this morning that the forklift is no good unless it's on blacktop and I want to be able to move stuff around all the time so it doesn't get all grown up out back like it was. Granted the vehicles can be sold but the trailers need to be moved around even if they are emptied. Now I have an easy way to move trailers quick, just pull right up to it, hit the raise lever, move it then hit the lower lever. :woo

I'll prob cut the swivels off of the outer arms tomorrow morning and drill them for the receiver so it can be moved around, 1 pin and it just slips off. Later I can add some other mods and use it for a lot of things, especially if the forklift is tied up or I have to go off road. :thumb1[/quote

Get Idea! Taryl Fixes All did one to move his lawn tractors around. He is a hoot! (note not his hair and teeth)

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 07 Aug 2020 07:32 by GT 14.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno, nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
07 Aug 2020 07:47 #16283 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic OK, Here We Go
I've seen some of his vids before, he's a hoot lol. :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Aug 2020 18:43 - 07 Aug 2020 18:43 #16296 by Geno
If you guys are following the sale it has developed a life of it's own. :laughing I'm getting more excited with everything that gets sold, cleaned and organized. :woo

There is more Fastenal stuff on the way, the DM told me a few days ago they are consolidating 2 more big stores and I think I will have more than I need after this round. :thumb1

Every morning when I come out here I want more and more of my space back and am ready to see the new WHS 2.0 kick into gear. I better get moving a little faster though, 4 peeps called wanting restores this week already, on top of the huge waiting list. All I can say is God is good. :clap

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 07 Aug 2020 18:43 by Geno.

More
07 Aug 2020 20:49 #16298 by GT 14

Geno wrote: I've seen some of his vids before, he's a hoot lol. :rolling

"Its a mower not the space shuttle"

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Aug 2020 16:50 #16310 by Geno
There's something I say to myself a lot when I restore a tractor, "It's a tractor not a Lamborghini". :tounge2

Yesterday I thought I would finish up but a ton of waspies showed up when I moved one, this was about 12:30 and they were still flying around at 6pm. I thought this is weird, they're spending time in and out of the 3 last tractors, I thought maybe they're lost lol. This morning early it was really too warm (low of 72 last night) but I thought I need to open the hoods on the last 3, when I opened the first one I got cold chills and all of my hair stood up as I took off. :rolling3

I spent about 3 hours this morning between me chasing them and them chasing me but I think I got them all. I got a pic of the nest in a C-160 that I opened up first thing this morning, the other 2 520's I think they built under the battery tray. I'm using LD44Z that is a fogger in a can and it usually gets in those tough spots. There's been no wasp sign this afternoon so that's good.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Aug 2020 17:01 - 12 Aug 2020 17:03 #16311 by Geno
1 workbench has been cleaned and reclaimed and I got rid of the catch all shelving I had on it. Everything is getting a spot in the new Fastenal bins and shelves to declutter the place, and so I can find it. :thumb1

The old lathe is cleaned up and ready to sell, I mopped where it was and made a clean spot, then noticed the floor is a little red all over, oh well I need more to do anyway... :tounge2 It sure looks different but it also looks the way I used to keep it years ago. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Aug 2020 17:03 by Geno.

More
12 Aug 2020 20:18 #16312 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic OK, Here We Go

Geno wrote: There's something I say to myself a lot when I restore a tractor, "It's a tractor not a Lamborghini". :tounge2

Yesterday I thought I would finish up but a ton of waspies showed up when I moved one, this was about 12:30 and they were still flying around at 6pm. I thought this is weird, they're spending time in and out of the 3 last tractors, I thought maybe they're lost lol. This morning early it was really too warm (low of 72 last night) but I thought I need to open the hoods on the last 3, when I opened the first one I got cold chills and all of my hair stood up as I took off. :rolling3

I spent about 3 hours this morning between me chasing them and them chasing me but I think I got them all. I got a pic of the nest in a C-160 that I opened up first thing this morning, the other 2 520's I think they built under the battery tray. I'm using LD44Z that is a fogger in a can and it usually gets in those tough spots. There's been no wasp sign this afternoon so that's good.

glad you got rid of them wasps they just aint no fun.......but on the other hand i see 2 520s and are they for sale or trade or loaners or just plain in your way?
i do have room on my trailer for the best one of the two and it sure would look good next to a beautiful 1985 416 8 speed that i happen to have....:smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
14 Aug 2020 06:26 #16313 by GT 14
Better living through Chemistry! :dalek

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Aug 2020 08:01 - 14 Aug 2020 08:03 #16314 by Geno

nappypappy wrote: glad you got rid of them wasps they just aint no fun.......but on the other hand i see 2 520s and are they for sale or trade or loaners or just plain in your way?
i do have room on my trailer for the best one of the two and it sure would look good next to a beautiful 1985 416 8 speed that i happen to have....:smile2 :bacon0

Those are 2 of the 5 - 520's getting parted out that have blown engines. :doh

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 14 Aug 2020 08:03 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
15 Aug 2020 11:25 - 15 Aug 2020 11:26 #16315 by TimmyDelta
Replied by TimmyDelta on topic OK, Here We Go
I forgot ask you when I was down there if you had a WH snow mobile. Damn I wish I had a chance to see that. You should do your magic on that one!
Last edit: 15 Aug 2020 11:26 by TimmyDelta.

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds