• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
15 Aug 2020 18:09 #16316 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic OK, Here We Go
The snow mobile is new, it's just dusty and has some surface rust on the chrome. It was bought new and the owner died right afterwards so it was never used, it still has the paper Kohler tag on the spark plug lead, it has an aluminum Kohler 2 stroke in it. The seat got damaged on the way home so it needs to be redone. :doh

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimmyDelta

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 Aug 2020 18:21 - 15 Aug 2020 18:32 #16317 by Geno
I am standing here in awe of something I haven't seen in a very very very very long time... :surprised

So much floor, so much space! :woo Next week the floor scrubber is coming out one day to clean and shine it up. I also put the old lathe on CL day before yesterday and someone called yesterday and said he wanted it, he's supposed to come out beginning of the week to pic it up. WHS 2.0 is coming along pretty good. :thumb

Now that all that space is available I think cleaning out the parts area and putting parts there while the shelves are changed out is next. That should be a lot of fun. :tounge2

Sorry I haven't been good on updates this week, it's been a total madhouse around here every day from morning till bed time... :whew

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Aug 2020 18:32 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 Aug 2020 18:37 #16319 by Geno
I found a before pic so I have a before and after now. I still can't believe it when I look out there, I am focused GT! Or dreaming lol. :laughing :rolling3

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
15 Aug 2020 20:47 #16320 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic OK, Here We Go

Geno wrote: I found a before pic so I have a before and after now. I still can't believe it when I look out there, I am focused GT! Or dreaming lol. :laughing :rolling3

Wow all that floor space....looks great but did you sell all them tractors?
:10 :yay :goodjob :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 Aug 2020 08:52 #16321 by Geno
Things have sold in different places, inside, outside, and garages like tractors, attachments, parts, used tires, etc. As things sell everything gets rearranged to other places to make the room in the shop. :smile2

More peeps are coming to pick up things this week like tractors, attachments, parts, equipment, and other things that are on CL. When the parts area gets all redone this week it will make even more space for things as well. Since the parts storage will be increased 4-5 times or more what it was along with more room in other garages, there are a lot tractors and rougher decks (shell wise) I've decided not to sell but to part out instead to help others get their tractors going.

It sounds a little complicated but as things change and space opens up things change a little every day, but it's all part of the original plan to make room in the shop, concentrate on restorations, and have more parts available, which has been the plan from the start. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 Aug 2020 18:56 #16322 by Geno
Yesterday was a crazy but a good day, 15 hours straight with no lunch and got in at 10, past my bed time. Us old peeps need our sleep lol. :tounge2

Gained a little more space yesterday and today, and getting ready to start on 1 of the big shelves in the back. 2 of the rolling shelves that were in the back are cleaned up and ready for moving things, the floor scrubber is out charged up and ready to go, and I found something else I haven't seen in a long time... :jump1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
19 Aug 2020 16:17 #16323 by Geno
Man what a day, but at least one of them is out, the easy one... I couldn't find any help and thank the Lord I don't have a hernia lol. :smile2

1 unit is out and everything is cleaned up and ready to put the Fastenal racks in. I need a nap. :whew

Where you at Nappy, I need you down here. :help :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!

More
19 Aug 2020 16:44 #16324 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic OK, Here We Go

Geno wrote: Man what a day, but at least one of them is out, the easy one... I couldn't find any help and thank the Lord I don't have a hernia lol. :smile2

1 unit is out and everything is cleaned up and ready to put the Fastenal racks in. I need a nap. :whew

Where you at Nappy, I need you down here. :help :thumb

Well i would if i could but jeep down for timing chains and not sure when i can get it back running again.....>( :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
19 Aug 2020 19:08 - 19 Aug 2020 19:09 #16325 by Geno
Well that stinks Nappy lol. :doh

I got a start and that's the hardest part for 1 person so the rest will be easier. There will be 5 of them linked together in that spot when done. Will put pics up in the morning when they're together. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Aug 2020 19:09 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 Aug 2020 19:06 #16326 by Geno
The old lathe is sold and picked up. I'll still miss it, it was a work of art like all the old machines but on the other hand it's nice to have more space. :smile2

4 of the new Fastenal shelves are linked and set up. I'm still waiting for a 2' x 4' paint rack that goes in the rear left, it will be soon when Fastenal consolidates 2 more stores they're getting ready to. Now I just need to get to Lexington to pick up a bunch of shelves, hopefully tomorrow.

The nicest thing about this setup is everything is in 2' x 4' sections instead of 4' x 8'. Shelves can be moved or bins added anywhere on the fly without a lot of trouble now. There are more than enough parts to replace the other shelving unit just like this new one, and a few extra units already here. I also have a ton of extra crossbeams, wire racks for the bins, and bins here, and more bins on the way. Too much is better than not enough, it's getting done right this time. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds