• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
25 Jul 2020 09:25 #16234 by Geno
OK, Here We Go was created by Geno
After 5 long months I am finally caught up with what work was here and waiting and it sure feels good. :woo Thanks to everyone who waited for 2-3 months to get your tractors restored, or other work done, I really appreciate your patience. :thanks

I walked out here this morning and thought ok, here we go. For the next 5 weeks or so the shop won't be doing any tractor work for anyone. The shop is getting a makeover, some new tools and equipment, and much needed space so we can do things better and a lot faster. Parts production will be much faster, parts dept space will greatly increase, and we plan on being able to have 3 restores going on at once and still have the entire center lane and rack in the building empty for smaller quick jobs. I have a list, not necessarily in order I will share with you guys as to what's going on here.
  1. Since we don't have time restore and sell tractors and attachments anymore, there is going to be a big sale of tractors, attachments, etc, in a few weeks. It has expanded from the original numbers of tractors and attachments that we were going to sell. The biggest part of it will span 10 days but will basically go on the entire month of August. I will get the 10 day dates figured out next week but the dates will fall on 2 weekends.
  2. We have a lot of good used tires and other misc things that are going up for sale as well.
  3. The old lathe is for sale if you know anyone who needs one, there is a brand new one on the way.
  4. The entire parts dept is getting redone in all Fastenal shelving and bins, this will make a real mess for a bit and will take up a lot of time, but parts capacity will be greatly increased allowing us to get back into buying out more old WH and Kohler dealers.
  5. Part out some of the tractors we have with bad or no engines, transmissions, etc, and organize those parts.
  6. Getting stock levels of some products back up to where they need to be and increasing stock levels of others.
  7. Making some new products.
  8. Getting a lot of new things in the store, most of them things we've been putting on restores for many months but just haven't had time to get them in the store.
  9. Clean up the shop, install the rest of the LED lighting throughout the entire shop, add some more light fixtures, more shelving, and a lot of small projects
  10. Making some changes to the website and forum, and changing the forum template.
  11. Find a girlfriend that loves Wheel Horses and working on them... Just seeing if you are all paying attention LOL. :rolling3
There are a lot of other things on the list if time allows like making some more basic 5' x 5' tables on wheels like the one we made this Spring but without the fold out wings or shelves underneath, digging into shipping for larger items like the tricycle kit, and some other things but we will see what time allows.

It will be 5 more weeks of 70-80 hour weeks but it will be a great and exciting time that I am looking forward to, WHS 2.0 has begun. :woo :happy1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy, TimmyDelta

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2020 10:02 #16235 by Kurt-NEPA
Replied by Kurt-NEPA on topic OK, Here We Go
Ambitious plan for sure. All do-able except that girl friend, good luck with that one. LOL

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers

More
26 Jul 2020 06:25 #16240 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic OK, Here We Go
If you accomplish 11 the other 10 will be on the back burner. :smile2 :whistle

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
26 Jul 2020 07:40 #16245 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic OK, Here We Go
If I accomplish 11 the other 10 may go faster, maybe... :tounge2 :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

More
26 Jul 2020 08:05 #16246 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic OK, Here We Go
You a busy man and parts and used stuff just what i need......oh and good luck on the girlfriend ........:10 :woo :smile2 :yay :goodpost :wsun :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
27 Jul 2020 10:06 #16247 by GT 14

Geno wrote: If I accomplish 11 the other 10 may go faster, maybe... :tounge2 :laughing

You need a Amish girl then, there is always a few that leave the area.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Jul 2020 18:00 #16248 by Geno
Alright alright, I know you guys read the whole list ok, I don't have time for a gf now anyway lol... :rolling3

Day 1. Mostly on the phone today and headed under the S-10 where some of my private collection not for sale stuff is, but a few of them are getting sold anyway. That row of LED's are done and a lot of stuff is shoved out of the way in the machining area. The metal is mostly off the wall and in the new Fastenal metal rack. I've decided to let my super nice C-175 go so it's out for clean up, and possibly 1 or 2 others, we'll see. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
28 Jul 2020 06:22 #16249 by GT 14

Geno wrote: Alright alright, I know you guys read the whole list ok, I don't have time for a gf now anyway lol... :rolling3

:sorry :sissy :whistle

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Jul 2020 13:35 #16253 by Geno
But if you happen to find one... :laughing :rolling3 :rolling2

Anyway, I've been in Lexington this morning picking up some new tool boxes and taking dad's truck through the awesome car wash over there. Hard to believe he bought that truck new in 92, it's been used on the farm since new, and it's never been painted on. I did update the grille and front lights to the newer style about 10 years ago because the chrome was peeling on the original. I know where some of my OCD came from lol. :tounge2

I'll get more pics of them later, the new lathe is going on the black one and the red one is becoming the everyday tool box. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Jul 2020 16:50 #16255 by Geno
Did some washing yesterday and working under the S-10 again now, should get most of it cleared today. I had to take a few breaks, one to hang out with Doyle for awhile and get his tractor and all his stuff loaded up (in Doyle's B-100 Auto topic update), another to service, check out, fix a few small things and get one ready I sold yesterday, a nice 314 with a tiller and deck, they are coming after it Monday morning. :thumb1

I no longer have anything here waiting for a restore or any other work, they are all picked up and gone now. I am focused GT! :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.619 seconds