OK, Here We Go

More
20 Aug 2020 21:12 #16327 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic OK, Here We Go

Geno wrote: The old lathe is sold and picked up. I'll still miss it, it was a work of art like all the old machines but on the other hand it's nice to have more space. :smile2

4 of the new Fastenal shelves are linked and set up. I'm still waiting for a 2' x 4' paint rack that goes in the rear left, it will be soon when Fastenal consolidates 2 more stores they're getting ready to. Now I just need to get to Lexington to pick up a bunch of shelves, hopefully tomorrow.

The nicest thing about this setup is everything is in 2' x 4' sections instead of 4' x 8'. Shelves can be moved or bins added anywhere on the fly without a lot of trouble now. There are more than enough parts to replace the other shelving unit just like this new one, and a few extra units already here. I also have a ton of extra crossbeams, wire racks for the bins, and bins here, and more bins on the way. Too much is better than not enough, it's getting done right this time. :thumb1

Well its looking pretty fancy in there so you may need to start wearing a suite and tie.............................................:2cents :woo :smile2 :wave :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
21 Aug 2020 07:49 #16328 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic OK, Here We Go
Like no, I hate those things. :sissy :rolling3

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
22 Aug 2020 07:59 - 22 Aug 2020 08:00 #16329 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic OK, Here We Go
Looking good, you are in focus. :drinks :hi5

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 22 Aug 2020 08:00 by GT 14.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Aug 2020 18:23 #16333 by Geno
Thanks Focus Coach lol. :thanks

I went to the back looking for something and moved some stuff to the new shelves and found my hubcap stash and some other things. Then I found more stuff I didn't know was there and before I knew it most of the stuff on the other old shelving unit was gone so it got cleared. I wasn't planning on taking the other one out today but it's out. I guess I lost my focus for a bit but it worked out good. :tounge2 :rolling

The last LED light is in back there and I'll get a start on the Fastenal units going there on Monday. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Aug 2020 16:52 #16342 by Geno
The 2nd rack setup is close to done. I was short a few gray double link uprights but Fastenal had 4 at the store they gave me till the next batch comes in. I had several blue ones but they know me and know that just wouldn't work. :jump1 The double uprights are nice because it ties them together without having to bolt them together. Now I'm just short 4 of the short side links, I'll get with them in the morning and see if they have them to spare as well.

I'll get back on this in the morning, would like to get it done tomorrow if it's nice and quiet around here. Going over to do some mowing for dad now and enjoy the weather, time is flying and the W word will be here before you know it... :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Aug 2020 12:44 #16345 by Geno
And then there were 2. :woo

The 2nd unit is done but now I'm out of shelves. It's always something... :laughing The old units are already sold, they should be picked up tomorrow.

Now it's time to start moving all the parts back and adding some more parts boxes, some boxes have way too much stuff in them. I also need to gather up stuff all over the place and get it all in this one room, this may take a little while but at least the space is there now. Maybe I'll be able to find something when this is all done. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
26 Aug 2020 19:03 #16346 by Geno
What a day. :whew

I ran out of parts bins and ordered more that won't be here till end of the week, there are a lot more parts around here than I ever thought... I decided to dive into a lot of totes from older dealer buyouts that I didn't know what was in them and get them put up. About half of them had a number, some things I knew from restoring so many over the years and just had to dig for part numbers, and a lot I had no idea. It was fun trying to read 50+ year old writing on things, taking pieces of tape with numbers on them or empty WH packages to try to match everything up. Most searches on Toro, Jacks, or PartsTree just showed discontinued, some had a link to a diagram so I could do some matching but a lot of them didn't. It's making my head hurt. :doh :jump1 I got a little over 1/2 of them figured out so far and put up though. :thumb1

A lot of the parts in totes when I bought out my dad's best friend in NJ 6 years ago that I never went through are very old, pre 1964 back to 57 when he started, a lot of interesting stuff in there. I will sure be glad when this is done and most of it is organized. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

More
26 Aug 2020 23:18 #16347 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic OK, Here We Go

Geno wrote: What a day. :whew

I ran out of parts bins and ordered more that won't be here till end of the week, there are a lot more parts around here than I ever thought... I decided to dive into a lot of totes from older dealer buyouts that I didn't know what was in them and get them put up. About half of them had a number, some things I knew from restoring so many over the years and just had to dig for part numbers, and a lot I had no idea. It was fun trying to read 50+ year old writing on things, taking pieces of tape with numbers on them or empty WH packages to try to match everything up. Most searches on Toro, Jacks, or PartsTree just showed discontinued, some had a link to a diagram so I could do some matching but a lot of them didn't. It's making my head hurt. :doh :jump1 I got a little over 1/2 of them figured out so far and put up though. :thumb1

A lot of the parts in totes when I bought out my dad's best friend in NJ 6 years ago that I never went through are very old, pre 1964 back to 57 when he started, a lot of interesting stuff in there. I will sure be glad when this is done and most of it is organized. :whew

sounds like you found some good stuff................:woo :cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
28 Aug 2020 08:44 #16348 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic OK, Here We Go

Geno wrote: What a day. :whew

Mystery totes are the best :jump :jump1 :happy1

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users