• Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
19 Nov 2020 18:57 - 19 Nov 2020 19:01 #16476 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic OK, Here We Go

GT 14 wrote:
You were asking allot from that "crate" :dalek
Glad it didn't grenade on your head. :yank :angry2

Uh yea lol. :tounge2 :laughing

It only had a little over 200 of them when I got them moved this morning, there were 600 of them in there at one time, but it's the best crate I had...  :whistle

My little pallet with the sides works a lot better. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Nov 2020 19:01 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
More
19 Nov 2020 19:08 #16477 by Geno
Well everything is looking good and tomorrow is time to start on a restore since it's gonna be a good pressure washing day. I'm just happy that I know where everything is, have some more space, and be able to use the rack whenever I want be it for cars or a nice long workbench... It's really nice not getting hung up on or tripping on something all the time too. :smile2

I still have some floor scrubbing to do but that can be done later.

Welcome to the Stables!

More
20 Nov 2020 08:55 #16481 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic OK, Here We Go
You have plenty of elbow room now. Release the paint mist. :hi5

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Dec 2020 12:43 #16557 by Geno
Now that there is more space and more organization the concentration is on getting everything where it belongs, and more new machinery to make things go a lot faster. The new lathe is working out great and a new iron worker was ordered this morning, details are here - New Iron Worker

There are more Fastenal racks coming in around the 1st of the year to finish up the parts dept. I also ordered what will be used as a new large rolling paint drying rack this morning so each color will be painted all at once. The jumping back and forth and forgetting things takes up too much time, those days are over. :yes

There are things on the little expense list that I order as I have time and find exactly what I'm looking for, the only things left on the big expense list for now are -

4,000 PSI steam cleaner
Some type of CNC cutter, plasma or other
A new mill

More than likely in the order above but who knows. I have the mill picked out and have the steam cleaner down to 2 made in USA models, the cutter I'm not sure on yet. I have enough tax deductions this year so they will be next year Lord willing. Cleaning out the paint booth here and getting it back in operation when I can move what's stuffed in there is a priority too lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
23 Dec 2020 11:06 #16565 by GT 14
Full blown machine shop. Merry Christmas in the Stable.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 Dec 2020 17:08 #16577 by Geno
Got some updates from some peeps.

Iron worker will be here next week, a little slower than expected but the holidays do that sometimes. :tounge2

Fastenal is a little ahead of schedule, they may be here tomorrow or the next day. :smile2 There are a lot of Fastenal racks coming but I only need 3 more units in the back that will be for nothing but engine parts. I'm sure I'll find somewhere to put all the extra ones once more space is made, or once we move...

I've been getting the temporary shelves out of the back where the new Fastenal racks are going today. I ordered some extra wheel sets for them last week so they could be split in two, just got done with that, now there are 8 smaller roll around racks. They will be able to fit in more places like under the racks and be less dangerous being top heavy as they were. Some will do sheet metal and larger parts storage and some restoration duty to keep the welding tables and smaller roll arounds clear for actual work instead of parts tables lol. One split unit will do all the parts for one tractor restore easily and keep everything together for when we get going on multiple restores at once. :thumb1

The CTS is in here so I can pull the intake and replace the valve cover gaskets this week in any spare time during the day here and there. The left one has had a small leak for awhile.

Not bad for a Monday, I feel so FOCUSED GT. :rolling3

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
29 Dec 2020 09:41 #16578 by GT 14
[quote Not bad for a Monday, I feel so FOCUSED GT. :rolling3[/quote]

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Dec 2020 18:19 - 30 Dec 2020 18:19 #16579 by Geno
That's a good quote. :thumb1

The Fastenal DM showed up today with more than enough parts I need to get the engine parts racks done. He has a few more truckloads to bring later. He's on vacation this week but still went and got me what I needed, what a great guy. :10

Will start putting them together in the morning. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2020 18:19 by Geno.

More
29 Dec 2020 19:54 #16580 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic OK, Here We Go

Geno wrote: That's a good quote. :thumb1

The Fastenal DM showed up today with more than enough parts I need to get the engine parts racks done. He has a few more truckloads to bring later. He's on vacation this week but still went and got me what I needed, what a great guy. :10

Will start putting them together in the morning. :woo

WOW..need to change the name stables to the Rack Shack....................nice stuff you got there....................:10 :woo :smile2 :cool :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Dec 2020 08:29 #16582 by Geno
Thanks Nappy but I'm not sure about the Rack Shack thing lol. :laughing

These and the other stuff coming are out of 2 stores they merged in Cincinnati that were currently in use but leftover when they merged the 2 stores into one so they are really nice. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds