• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
03 Dec 2021 18:48 #17406 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Dad's New Hangout
We spent the last few days cleaning up and cleaning out some of the other barns while the weather was nice. I have a pretty good size dumpster and for the first time in a long time it is about full. The Morton crew foreman kept telling us we could use the monster dumpster they brought out so we put a lot of bigger stuff in it today and it's getting full too lol.  :whistle

The garage doors are finished and working in the new barn now so the foam guys are coming to finish up the walls next week. We moved some work benches and other things to the new barn over the last few days as well and we'll prob move a few more things around tomorrow and do some more cleaning before the next cold wave hits on Monday. Everything is going pretty good but dad and I will sure be glad when it's over. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT 14, nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Dec 2021 17:21 #17410 by Geno
The foam guys were gonna do the walls today but they had a chemical pump go down and had to go to Louisville to get a new one. We have the furnace and tank out of the corner, we built the box around the furnace pipe this morning and have everything moved out of the way and cleaned up so everything is ready. :thumb1

I told dad to call me when they show up, there's no heat in the new barn now so I'll be in the shop till the foam guys show up. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
08 Dec 2021 08:44 #17411 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Dad's New Hangout
No place like Foam for the holidays

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Dec 2021 08:09 #17412 by Geno
Oh boy lol. :rolling As long as it has to do with keeping warm I'll take it. :tounge2

They didn't make it yesterday but they did get the equipment back up and running and are working on finishing the job when it quit. I hope today will be the day. It's also supposed to warm up again here for a few days the rest of this week and most of next week as well. I'll take all the 60-65 degree weather in December I can get... :woo

We did manage to acquire the what we call the "Calf Barn" where I have all of the other tractors stored until June of next year, what a huge blessing. :10 Now I don't have to move all of the Horses from the farm till warm weather and have more time to get ready for them here. We had already been cleaning up things in there and unloaded a trailer load off of my heavy trailer in there. There is also room for a few cars in there since dad is moving the tractors to the new barn, my 51 Chev rat rod convertible is already moved in there for the Winter and I'll see what else I can fill the barn with next week while it's warm and after most of dad's stuff is moved to the new hangout. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
11 Dec 2021 09:56 #17413 by Geno
Walls were done yesterday, furnace hooked back up, and a few more things moved. It sure is quiet and nice and warm in there now. :10

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
12 Dec 2021 08:58 #17414 by GT 14
Looking good!! :dance

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Dec 2021 08:59 #17415 by Geno
Thanks GT. :thanks

Better than that it's feeling good, nice and warm lol. :smile2

We have 3 more warm sunny days starting again today, then the rain and cold comes back, again... Over the next 3 days I'm gonna try to get dad mostly moved out, some of my stuff out of there and prob 4 of the 6 cars here to the shop. The 51 Chevy and 64 T-bird, the tractors and some other things are going to spend the Winter in the Calf Barn. :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Dec 2021 19:01 #17416 by Geno
We spent all day fooling with cars but they all have a place now. The big trailers loaded with tractors are unloaded in the calf barn, 2 cars are unloaded here, 2 more will spend the Winter on the big trailers, and the 51Chevy and 64 T-bird are in the calf barn. :whew

Tomorrow we have a few truckloads of small stuff to move out then that will be most all of it. It looks like we may have a little more time on Thursday morning before the next mess of cold and storms come in if the weather man is right... We have to clean up the bush hog and move it to the new barn, do a little cleaning up out behind the old barns with the Massey and the blade, and maybe do a little tractor steam cleaning if the weather allows enough time and other than that some light clean up around the place we will be done. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

More
15 Dec 2021 11:07 #17419 by GT 14
When is the cigar lounge being dry walled? :topsecret :guns1

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 Dec 2021 19:03 - 15 Dec 2021 19:11 #17420 by Geno
It's getting the same barn wood they use on the portable storage barns I have in my waiting area in the entire place, it's really tough, there's no sanding, and it can be screwed on and easily removed if need be. I learned long ago drywall drives an OCD person like me crazy lol. :jump1 Starting tomorrow afternoon thru Saturday the rain and cold is coming in again and we are both pretty wore out so I think the rest of this week we are taking a break.

We should be done by lunch tomorrow. Most everything is moved, dad's truck has a load on it on pallets in his garage overnight so it will be easy to unload in the morning. The Kubota is steam cleaned and in the new barn, the MF 135, and bushog are steam cleaned and ready to move in the morning. They are spending overnight in the old shop to completely dry out. The clean up around the barns is mostly done and dad had his 315-8 out close to dark mowing up there while I was finishing up the steaming so it got steam cleaned as well. :thumb1

I have the camera out so I won't forget it again tomorrow... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 15 Dec 2021 19:11 by Geno.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds