• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
20 Oct 2021 18:36 #17331 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Dad's New Hangout
I'm up no later than 4:30 every morning but with the days getting shorter I'm in the shop before it comes up and till after it goes down this time of year. I really hate it that the days are getting shorter, gonna like it even less when it gets colder... :doh

I caught dad in a pic, a rare instance there lol. :tounge2

The ditch is mostly done, septic tank is covered back up, just a spot open on the other end so we can check the water connection once we can pressurize it. The tractors are all put up in the old barns, the new barn is emptied out, the concrete guy is coming to look at things in the next day or 2. I even had time to bush hog the the new barn lot and mow my own grass today, and it's not even quite dark yet. :10

We are pretty much at a stand still now until we get the concrete and garage doors in so it can be locked up, then we can load up my big saw, stands, air compressor, nail guns, etc, and take down there to get going on the insides. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2021 09:57 #17333 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Dad's New Hangout

Geno wrote: I'm up no later than 4:30 every morning but with the days getting shorter I'm in the shop before it comes up and till after it goes down this time of year. I really hate it that the days are getting shorter, gonna like it even less when it gets colder... :doh :thumb1

Yea and DTS makes it worse, lets split it to 1/2 hour and be done with it. Hate changing clocks!! :dalek

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Oct 2021 11:37 #17334 by Geno
Works for me lol. :yes

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Oct 2021 18:30 #17349 by Geno
Just an update. :smile2

The main slab in the barn was finished yesterday and the front porch and in front of the doors were wrapped up by a little after lunch today. The concrete work is the best I've ever seen, Morton didn't do it but the guy that does concrete work for Morton in Central KY did it. You just gotta cut out the middle man sometimes you know,,, oops, did I say that out loud... :laughing

Dad and I did a little creative work on the gutter downspouts cause there's rain coming in but at least things are moving along. Now if we can just get the garage door guys out there beginning of next week I can set up shop in there and we can finish the insides. First thing though will be to move the diesel furnace and tank down to the new barn and get it going, dad knows I don't do cold lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
30 Oct 2021 09:31 #17352 by GT 14
Let the cigar smoke roll and the 8 tracks play. :dance :dance1 :dance2 :dance3

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Oct 2021 14:48 #17354 by Geno
I'll tell dad you said that lol. :rolling3

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
02 Nov 2021 08:46 #17355 by Geno
Cold is coming, starting tonight the next 5 nights are supposed to be below freezing here and everyone knows how I love the cold, NOT. :delete :laughing

We spent most of yesterday getting the big diesel furnace and tank all disconnected and out of the old shop into the new one. The tank still has about 200 gallons of fuel in it and the furnace is 150,000 BTU so it was a lot of fun getting everything out and moved with just the 2 of us. We went to Tractor supply last night and got a few extra pipe pieces we needed and everything is ready to get going on setting everything and getting some heat in the new barn today. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Nov 2021 08:23 #17356 by Geno
First thing yesterday was getting out my old 150K BTU Ready Heater I bought new in the late 90's and was surprised it fired right up and at least gave us a warm area to work in.

The most important thing was finished up yesterday and fired up, the big HEAT. :smile2 Even with no insulation and the 2 big holes where the garage doors go it was still over 60 in there yesterday. The furnace was in my shop before I put in the package units here in 1998 and moved the furnace down to dads, and everyone knows how I like my heat lol. :tounge2

I talked to an insulation friend of mine yesterday morning that does foam and he's coming out in the next day or two to look things over and give us a quote. The furnace is on rollers and the tank is still chained up so we can move everything out of the corner when the insulation is sprayed. I talked to dad this morning and I think when it warms up a little we're going to take the store orders to town then head over and get a load of lumber for the interior work. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
04 Nov 2021 09:15 #17357 by GT 14
:thumb1 :dance2

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno