• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
13 Oct 2021 07:57 #17319 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Dad's New Hangout
They have even less than the big box stores or Amazon. My fastenal DM friend was out here early yesterday morning bringing out a few knockdowns of blue bins and said they are having the same problems. It seems to be everywhere, except here and a very few other select small businesses. I have told countless peeps in person and on the phone, and as I have said in a separate topic about "Prices going up everywhere" 6 months ago, to the mentions in several topics where I mentioned "If you're gonna buy anything buy it now", and "I can see what's coming", I actually saw what was coming. I'm not sure why other execs or peeps didn't see it but that's their problem lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Oct 2021 08:17 #17320 by Geno
Dad and I got the ditch dug and covered back up by the end of the day yesterday for the main to the electrical box. I also got a pic of the main Foreman of the Morton building crew in his "Super Morton Man" as I've been calling him shirt. He did a job for someone years ago that owned a t-shirt printing business and he made him a bunch of those shirts, pretty cool lol. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Oct 2021 08:24 #17321 by Geno
Here are the pics of the ditch and the reason why dad's place is listed as some of the best farmland in the US. It was a riverbed at one time and you can see in the pics that I dug down 2 feet for the pipe and it was all nothing but rich topsoil and not a single rock. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Oct 2021 08:37 #17322 by Geno
Dad and I are gonna dig on the other end today and get the sewer and water pipe leads in the building so we can get the concrete floor poured. I'll get some pics of that in here later. The Morton guys got most everything done except the roof and a few other small things, and plan on being done today. They have been great to work with and even let me put in the porch light cans and run a lead wire for those before doing the soffit for the front porch. They will be coming back after I get the wiring all done, inside band lumber on for the walls, and interior walls put up to do the ceiling metal, Dad and I didn't think we could do the ceiling metal with just the 2 of us :thumb1

This is where everything is so far.

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Oct 2021 19:49 #17323 by Geno
The electrical stuff from Amazon came in yesterday and Morton finished up a little after lunch time. It was nice to see everything I ordered in and everything we bought locally so far has all been made in USA. :woo

As soon as the Morton crews cleared out I started digging and getting the sewer and water lines in and set up so we can do the concrete. I was on the backhoe a little after daybreak this morning and just got back home. I dug so much yesterday and a lot of today that when I got ready to get in the truck and leave my first thought was to pull the stabilizers up lol. :laughing

It was a little over 100' but we went on down to the septic tank for the house to get sewer and water was close by so they will both be in the same ditch. Dad is headed out first thing in the morning to find a 3" 22.5 sewer elbow we need and I'll be there early to start putting together the water pipe and getting it set in the building before the rain comes in tomorrow. Hopefully the rain will hold out till late tomorrow like the weather ding a ling says but I'm not betting on it so we're going like the wind... :tounge2

I've been running a little behind so this is yesterdays pics.

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Oct 2021 19:52 - 14 Oct 2021 19:52 #17324 by Geno
These are today's progress. :thumb1

I also got to be the first truck parked in the barn lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 14 Oct 2021 19:52 by Geno.

More
14 Oct 2021 19:57 #17325 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic Dad's New Hangout

Geno wrote: Here are the pics of the ditch and the reason why dad's place is listed as some of the best farmland in the US. It was a riverbed at one time and you can see in the pics that I dug down 2 feet for the pipe and it was all nothing but rich topsoil and not a single rock. :thumb1

now that's what i call pretty dirt.....:woo :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 Oct 2021 08:11 #17326 by Geno
Sorry no pics or updates for a few days but we were going like crazy trying to do all we could outside before the rain came in last week. We got the water pipe in and 90% of the ditch filled in right before it started raining. All that's left is the tie ins down near the other buildings and filling that back in.

Friday afternoon we worked inside until after dark and got the pipes inside finished where they are stubbed out and ready for concrete, and the main wire run to where the main box is going. Sat we finished filling the pipes inside, the main box in and framed for the inside wall, the main box tie in to the outside, an outdoor photo eye put in for the porch lights so they are automatic dusk to dawn, and the power is on in the barn. :thumb1

The rest of Sat until dark was cleaning up all the wood and misc mess outside and putting it all somewhere. I'll get some pics today, forgot the camera in the rush last weekend. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
18 Oct 2021 09:35 #17327 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Dad's New Hangout
:dance :dance1 :dance2 :dance3

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
19 Oct 2021 19:46 - 19 Oct 2021 19:47 #17328 by Geno
Sewer and water is done and buried, and yes I forgot the camera again,,, I'll try to do better tomorrow. I've got to see some amazing sunrises and sunsets here lately, I need to make a point to see them more often. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 19 Oct 2021 19:47 by Geno.

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds