• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
19 Nov 2021 19:21 #17386 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Dad's New Hangout
Another long day, and I forgot the camera again but all is going good. I'll get some pics tomorrow. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 Nov 2021 18:14 #17391 by Geno
We changed priorities around this week and instead of getting the ceiling done we went after more lumber and the 3 interior walk doors we needed, and finished all of the interior framing minus the headers of the 3 other walk doors, they will get done and cased after the walls are foamed.

Dad also decided he likes the barn wood I have in my waiting area, bathroom, and back office / kitchen here at the shop so we will be doing that in there. Since we don't have to plan outlets to fall in between metal ribs now (which is always a headache) we can go on and put in all the outlets too. We are hoping the ceiling and garage doors are done and the light fixtures put in by middle of next week so we can schedule with our foam guy to get the exterior walls done, we'll see... :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Nov 2021 10:15 #17397 by Geno
The ceiling is in and lights are in. The lights are all 100 watt adjustable 4 panel LED and the switches are all wireless. It makes it nice not having to spend the extra time and $ on all the wire, switches, etc and they can be moved and put wherever at any time with just a little 2 way stick tape. The 3 way switch does the first row, 2nd row, and the light back by the furnace, the 3 single switches do the office, bathroom, and storage room. The pics really don't do it justice, it is like the sun in there lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
26 Nov 2021 11:29 #17398 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic Dad's New Hangout
I replaced all my florescent with 4 panel LED. Really gives excellent illumination.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Nov 2021 09:04 #17399 by Geno
A very illuminating statement lol. :idea :rolling3

We're going out this morning to pick up the rest of the plumbing supplies to finish most of that up today. All of the shop electrical wiring is run, all that's left is the water heater and the 3 interior rooms. Hopefully the foam on the walls will be done next week where we can start moving more things in there. :thumb1

I have my camera out so I will remember to get some pics today.

I put the store in maintenance mode so it is closed for awhile, December will be here next week and there's just too much to get done by the end of next month... :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

More
27 Nov 2021 11:42 #17400 by GT 14
Yes it was a bright idea :idea :hi5

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Nov 2021 19:15 #17401 by Geno
Sure was lol. :thumb1

We lost track if time and were late getting out of there so I forgot to take pics again oops. The days have been all blending together for quite some time now, I'll be glad when things calm back down and I can get back on my semi-normal routine, at leat the routine of being in the shop... :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Nov 2021 20:03 #17403 by Geno
I got pics but just got in and its close to bed time so I'll get them here in the morn... :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Nov 2021 08:24 - 30 Nov 2021 08:25 #17404 by Geno
It was a long day and a late night but a lot is getting close to finished up. All of the wire runs are done, some of the outlets are in where we need power and all of the extension cords are put up so we don't constantly trip over them anymore. The water pipes are run and there's even one for a spigot near one of the garage doors. I ran out of wire clips and dad had to go get more yesterday, I had already gone through 4 bags of 100 and a lot of water pipe clamps. I think he thinks it's a little more than needed but too much is better than not enough right? :laughing

Getting ready to head out again and get more things done while we have some warmer weather this week. Will probably do some moving around of things in the old barns and get a few things packed up in the old shop. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 30 Nov 2021 08:25 by Geno.

More
30 Nov 2021 08:29 #17405 by GT 14
:hi5

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225