• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
30 May 2024 18:38 #18383 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
That's some really good stuff, I use it when it seems the PB Blaster won't cut it.  My progression is in the pic, PB is used the most because it's cheap, then the Kriol, then the Knocker Loose.  The Knocker Loose seems to work the best for me, it may be because it's not an aerosol, and it stays wet even after all night soaks.  I use Liquid Wrench non aerosol on all the metal tops for the workbenches, it's really cheap and it doesn't dry out even after 3+ months.  I wonder if the propellant has something to do with how well something works... 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2024 12:07 - 31 May 2024 12:09 #18384 by jm46322
Replied by jm46322 on topic What's everybody doing?
Geno
As usual you have all the bases well covered. 
my bench looks similar with coffee and red wine in the line up.

sad part is these stuck parts mainly are because of short cuts by the manufacturer 
when it comes to steel type and surface prep   

John in Highland Indiana
self appointed chief mechanic at
WOODWARD FARMS
Last edit: 31 May 2024 12:09 by jm46322.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
31 May 2024 16:10 #18385 by Geno
Do coffee and red wine do any good as penetrants or just for stress relief. 

I've always wondered if they ever heard of anti-seize, wouldn't cost much per engine on a few parts.  Their dealers work on this stuff too and I know they would even agree... 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Jun 2024 18:53 #18386 by Geno
Spent all day Saturday till 10:30 at night working on Kevin's side by side mud mobile rewire.  Less than one more day and it will be done, and I need to remember to take some pics of this redo.  We did do our usual lunch out, it was China Buffet day this time. 

The new pulley for the Cub came in today so the motor got put back together.  The crank shaft and pulley are swimming in anti-seize this time around.     The wiring is all fixed minus the new clutch plug and getting the diode moved over to it.  It originally had a short jumper in it but the new connector I have fits through the hole so it will only have 1 connection instead of two, that will help.  It also got a clamp put on that side to keep the wires away from the motor and exhaust, there was already one on the other side for the oil drain hose.  The oil drain hose was hard and leaking so it got replaced and the barb in the engine resealed.  It has high pressure high temp power steering hose on it now. 

I need to get the PTO clutch, bracket, and bolts cleaned up tomorrow then I can finish it up. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Jun 2024 18:44 #18387 by Geno
Well things got crazy but there was some time on and off to finish up dad's cub today and run it in, another thing off the list.  I plan on doing some mowing with it tomorrow.  I wish new things wouldn't keep getting on the list so I could get caught up on the older things... 

It's better than new now with things more sorted out, tied up and organized.  The oil filter is even easier to get to now.  It has an old Wheel Horse clamp I put underneath it like on the top to hold the new PTO clutch wiring away from the exhaust.  That and several other things that were changed around that should have been done from the factory but oh well, who does anything right anymore... 

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Jun 2024 19:16 #18388 by Geno
Got the hill mower out last Sat and did a little mowing with it last weekend.  I still like riding the Horses the most. 

Temps are supposed to go in the 90's starting this Thurs and stay there for awhile so I'm taking the time to reorganize the 4 car garage + parking lot before the heat sets in.  I'm still trying to get everything in one place that's scattered all over.  There was a bunch of 1/4" angle iron buried in the other garage that was too long to fit in the shop so digging it out was the start and getting it in the shop, it will get cut down later.  After moving everything and getting my old diesel furnace out of the shop and in the other garage on wheels that was at the farm it wasn't too bad. 

I need to figure a way to get to the pallet racks easily whenever I need to out there, haven't figured that one out yet.  Once the layers of stuff was moved in front of the one in the next to last pic I found more tires...  I'm gonna get everything in one spot if it kills me, and it just might. 

There are also some rotten pallets in the lot so they are getting changed out as well before they completely fall apart.  If I don't get it done now it will just cause a bigger headache later... 

Welcome to the Stables!

More
13 Jun 2024 05:23 - 13 Jun 2024 05:24 #18389 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Got the hill mower out last Sat and did a little mowing with it last weekend.  I still like riding the Horses the most. 

Temps are supposed to go in the 90's starting this Thurs and stay there for awhile so I'm taking the time to reorganize the 4 car garage + parking lot before the heat sets in.  I'm still trying to get everything in one place that's scattered all over.  There was a bunch of 1/4" angle iron buried in the other garage that was too long to fit in the shop so digging it out was the start and getting it in the shop, it will get cut down later.  After moving everything and getting my old diesel furnace out of the shop and in the other garage on wheels that was at the farm it wasn't too bad. 

I need to figure a way to get to the pallet racks easily whenever I need to out there, haven't figured that one out yet.  Once the layers of stuff was moved in front of the one in the next to last pic I found more tires...  I'm gonna get everything in one spot if it kills me, and it just might. 

There are also some rotten pallets in the lot so they are getting changed out as well before they completely fall apart.  If I don't get it done now it will just cause a bigger headache later... 
I THINK I SAW A FRONT DECK MOUNT AND I NEED ONE SINCE THE WHEELS ON MINE GOT BENT SEVERAL YEARS AGO....YOU SELLING YOURS OR TAKE MINE IN TRADE? 

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
Last edit: 13 Jun 2024 05:24 by nappypappy.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 Jun 2024 16:11 #18390 by Geno
Hey Nappy.  I would prob sell one because I have 2 of those.  No trades though, I promised myself no more stuff coming in here, only outgoing, I have way too much already and things need to go.    Big problem I have now is it is covered up temporarily and I'm not sure when I will get to it again, it may be a few weeks.  Between work, helping dad some, things I need to do for me, the heat coming in, and trying to get caught up on sleep from the late nights here lately I have no idea what a day may bring.  

I did manage to get dad's Cub back to the farm last night and do some mowing for him with it so he has all of his stuff back now, and I'm caught up with him for the time being.  I took a little time to groc shop, pick up some cigars, and get some McD's lunch today which was nice.  It was my first trip out this month other than going across the street to the farm. 

I also just got the new tires on the new Clipper that's been sitting here for a month so I can start using it, clean up the old one, and get it on CL.  I'm up at 4.30 every morning but there still aren't enough hours in a day around here...   

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds