• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
03 Apr 2024 18:49 - 03 Apr 2024 18:50 #18347 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Finished up blasting the 3 ice cream buckets of pulleys and misc stuff today that was steam cleaned last week that was on the bottom shelf of the blasting cart.  It's all put up in the parts dept, and it only took about 9 years to finish it up... 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Apr 2024 18:50 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Apr 2024 16:55 #18348 by Geno
Spent yesterday afternoon checking out the old waiting area lights to get them ready for CL.  They were all good but 1, looks like this outdoor ballast didn't survive the cleaning I did.  I took it apart last night and found a cold solder joint and some water under the circuit board.  It dried out overnight, got the solder joint redone, and it lit right up.  I've never been inside one but there's really not as much to the electronic ballasts as I thought. 

I love these lights more than anything, mainly because of the futuristic Star Trek look lol, but they are too much work to keep clean around here and I have enough to do already... 

Now it's time to part out another 48" deck that's been sitting in the parking lot all Winter, shouldn't take but an hour or so.  I'll get caught up one of these days. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Apr 2024 18:39 - 06 Apr 2024 18:40 #18349 by Geno
Deck is all parted out, parts are blasted and put away.  2 spindles are great with no rot, one is toast, pulleys are like new.  The deck shell is pretty good, just has a little rust in one spot in the last pic, and a few cracks in the center that someone welded up previously, it was left intact and put outside.  I'll fix it up and sell it to the next peep that has a rotten one. 

I could have sworn that I took pics of the blasted parts before I put them away but I either didn't, or they got deleted by mistake, oops. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 06 Apr 2024 18:40 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Apr 2024 16:27 #18350 by Geno
It's eclipse day.   I was out mowing and the temp dropped really quick about 2PM.  It was supposed to last from around 2-4pm here, and we had around 97% coverage so it got pretty dark.  The camera adjusted for the darkness but all the outdoor lights were on by 3pm. I could see the 97% or so coverage at about 2pm when I was mowing, I used the clouds to look at it then too.  I got some pics of it at 3 and the last one is at 4pm.  

You were closer to it than me Nappy, Louisville was 98% coverage, did you get any pics? 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Apr 2024 18:59 - 09 Apr 2024 19:00 #18351 by Geno
Yesterday afternoon was getting the shop back in order after the maint I had to so on some of my vehicles in between everything alse.  The welding tables aren't stacked any more and everything is sort of put the way it belongs once again, for now...  Had some blasting to do for a customer this morning, then the cleanup and blasting was finished on the 12hp that was started on awhile back.  I trying to keep more parts ready when I need them so I got out another PTO bell for the steam cleaner last week after using the last one and it got blasted and resurfaced today too.  I'm trying to have more parts ready to make jobs go faster, especially the more frequent or common jobs.  I'm doing better than usual at finishing up some of these old and new projects in between other things too I guess...   

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Apr 2024 19:00 by Geno.

More
17 Apr 2024 05:46 #18352 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?
Nope and i didnt even try to take any pictures.....it was just strange when it got dark here....

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
19 Apr 2024 18:52 #18353 by Geno
Been crazy busy this week and still need to slow down.  More than anything else as always is I need more space, I just made a CL ad to sell a lot of stuff to try to make some more room.

The jist of it is this -

We have a lot of new parts, NOS parts, good used parts, and will be starting to part out about 100 complete tractors, 100 mowing decks, some dozer blades, snow blowers, and a few other misc attachments. We make a lot of new parts we sell in our own machine shop, and make new electrical pigtails, plug wires, lever throttle + choke cables, etc, that are here and in stock. If you need it it's a good chance we have it. Almost everything we have is Made in USA as well.

*****WE DO NOT SHIP ANYTHING. WE DO CASH ONLY AND PICK UP ONLY.

***** NO TEXTS, NO EMAILS, *****CALLS ONLY, this is a land line.

There's not much that we don't have so if we can help give us a call.

You can see the ad here-  CL ad

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
23 Apr 2024 18:58 #18354 by Geno
It's been a long hard road but the waiting area floor is finally done, step 3 of the redo after the lighting change, wall cleaning and paint touch up.  I used a solvent based sealer and they are a real pain but they last a long time vs water based.  I don't even want to know how many hours were spent cleaning grout, cleaning tile, recoloring and resealing grout, cleaning up the grout mess, cleaning all the tile again, sealing the tile, then cleaning up the residual sealer on the tile.  It's been over a month since this little project started and was done in between lots of other things but I still didn't think it would take so long...  The breaks were good though, my back, knees, and a lot of other muscles not normally used so much at once needed the breaks.  I think I've been spoiled working upright most of the time, or maybe I need to exercise a little more. 

Now it's time to start on the counter and mess behind it.  I need to figure out what is staying up front but it will be a lot less than it was.  Some of the parts that used to be on the rolling carts has already been moved to the parts dept, and a lot more are going back there.  I need to get this area less cluttered and easier to clean and maintain. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds