• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
17 May 2024 12:47 #18373 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
And a few more lol. 

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 May 2024 09:56 #18374 by Geno
Nothing new, just more chaos around here as usual. 

I haven't said much about this but dad isn't doing so good.  About 3 months ago they shocked his heart because they said it was out of rhythm and of course as doctors do most of the time they caused more harm than good.      He spent about a month in the hospital and can't drive or do some things anymore.

We talked last week and he thought it best I got what was mine out of the new barn in case something happened to him.  My friend Kevin came up last Sat and we moved most of the bigger things and a few small things.  I ended up with his new Country Clipper zero turn as well, he couldn't get used to the joystick controls so he never used it.  The Cub and Wheel Horse just need some work then they are going back to the farm, he can still drive them.  It's put me in another lack of space situation but it is what it is.  The backhoe and 150K BTU diesel furnace will take up the most space.

I'll be spending the next 3 days while the weather is good rearranging the world starting in the 4 car garage and parking lot to figure out where to put this stuff.   

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
21 May 2024 04:54 #18375 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Nothing new, just more chaos around here as usual. 

I haven't said much about this but dad isn't doing so good.  About 3 months ago they shocked his heart because they said it was out of rhythm and of course as doctors do most of the time they caused more harm than good.      He spent about a month in the hospital and can't drive or do some things anymore.

We talked last week and he thought it best I got what was mine out of the new barn in case something happened to him.  My friend Kevin came up last Sat and we moved most of the bigger things and a few small things.  I ended up with his new Country Clipper zero turn as well, he couldn't get used to the joystick controls so he never used it.  The Cub and Wheel Horse just need some work then they are going back to the farm, he can still drive them.  It's put me in another lack of space situation but it is what it is.  The backhoe and 150K BTU diesel furnace will take up the most space.

I'll be spending the next 3 days while the weather is good rearranging the world starting in the 4 car garage and parking lot to figure out where to put this stuff.   

Sorry to hear about your dad and hope things will work out for the best....

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
21 May 2024 07:19 #18376 by Geno
Thanks Nappy, I really appreciate it.  

Welcome to the Stables!

More
22 May 2024 14:48 #18377 by jm46322
Replied by jm46322 on topic What's everybody doing?
Prayers for both him and you during these trying times
strength peace healing

John

John in Highland Indiana
self appointed chief mechanic at
WOODWARD FARMS

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 May 2024 17:43 - 22 May 2024 17:44 #18378 by Geno
Thanks John, that means a lot. 

I got dad's Wheel Horse back to him this morning.  All it needed was some maintenance, a new battery, and a few other little things.  It still looks almost new cleaned up, especially with 956 hours on it and all it's ever had is batteries, rear end seals once a few years ago, some deck wheels, and maintenance minus the belts and tires, they are all still original.  He put every hour on that tractor and loves mowing with that the most. 

Some rain popped up on and off today so I didn't get all I wanted done in the other garage.  The Camaro got washed up, the pallet racks got emptied where it usually stays, and the new grates are cut down and on the racks.  Tomorrow looks like T-storms but at least progress is being made and a few more things are off the list. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 May 2024 17:44 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 May 2024 14:11 - 28 May 2024 14:12 #18379 by Geno
Since dad gave me his new Country Clipper I figured I would fix everything on the Cub and make it like new.  It quit the end of last season and it ended up to be the fuel pump was locked up.  I got a new fuel pump on it Monday and got it running only to find a pretty big oil oil leak which turns out to be the front cover.  I also found some bare wires and other problems once I got into it.  Sometimes the PTO wouldn't engage when it was used for awhile, all of the melted stuff is bad connections going to the PTO clutch so that's prob the problem. 

Everything was covered in oil and dirt so yesterday it got a few hours of steam cleaning and I let it dry out overnight.  The motor is ready to come off now and go from there.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 28 May 2024 14:12 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 May 2024 18:38 #18380 by Geno
I thought it would be all apart today but nooooooooooooooooooooo... 

The wiring isn't that big a deal, looks like the small harness for the PTO and RPM sense got too close to the oil filter housing or something else really hot in that area at some point, and there was a bad connection at the top and bottom connectors for the PTO.

I've spent more time trying to get the crank pulley off than I did getting the engine off and on the bench...  I've been pulling, tapping, and soaking it for hours and it hasn't budged at all.  It's going to soak overnight in K&W Knocker Loose (best I've ever used) and in the morning the impact is going on it until something gives or breaks.  I ordered another original pulley for it today because there is already damage to the one on it, and to be honest I think it will have to be cut off... 

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 May 2024 19:16 #18381 by Geno
Well this was fun, not...  It wouldn't budge this morning after soaking overnight so I cut the shaft back to the pulley and soaked it for awhile, still no good.  There was no other choice, it got cut all the way back and still had to use the puller after that to get it off. 

The motor looks great inside, must have had a good mechanic keeping up with the maint and putting good oil + filters on it, oh that would be me lol.    It always had regular Mobil Super in it until they discontinued it over 10 years ago, after that it got Super Tech (Wal-Mart brand) always put in it.  Mobil has always made the Super Tech oil and has been rated #3 behind Castrol (#2) and Mobil (#1) for the 29 or so years I've been keeping up with the ratings.  I don't use synthetics in anything, they don't clean as well as a conventional petroleum product, and cleanliness is everything.  The proof is in these pics, 994 hours and the engine is clean as new, and it's not even broke in yet.  The last 2 pics you can still see the cross hatch marks in the cylinders... 

Welcome to the Stables!

More
30 May 2024 09:52 #18382 by jm46322
Replied by jm46322 on topic What's everybody doing?
I need to send you a case it's the secret weapon on the farm.

John in Highland Indiana
self appointed chief mechanic at
WOODWARD FARMS
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds