• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
14 Mar 2024 19:22 - 14 Mar 2024 19:23 #18324 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
I've been quiet here for several days but warm weather is here and the grass is growing.  Peeps have been running in and out of the shop this week needing mowing type stuff, belts, pulleys, etc, mostly mowing related parts.  It was 76 degrees yesterday and 80 degrees today and bright sunshine all day.  I'll take the warm for sure.  

We're supposed to have some bad storms here tonight and rain in the morning so maybe it will quiet down here after that for a few days.

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 14 Mar 2024 19:23 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 Mar 2024 18:52 #18329 by Geno
Going like the wind lol...  Doing a lot of jumping around as usual. 

My friend Kevin is coming up tomorrow to start on one of 2 mini splits going in the house.  They were on sale through the end of Feb (slow season) so I ordered it end of last month.  It arrived yesterday.  It's the same unit we put in the shop last November.  I am very impressed with this unit and the electric bill savings.  The shop and house will both get another one of these later but they're not needed now with Spring almost here. 

It's on the fork lift and ready to head to the house in the morning. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 Mar 2024 13:49 #18330 by Geno
Caught my friend Kevin at work moving the old heat pump over to make room for the new mini split unit.  He had to lengthen the lines a little and stretch the power but it's done and works.  One of the new ones is going where the old one was on a used concrete pad Kevin got from work for free (yay), a second one will go above it on a wall bracket before Winter, but don't need it now.  The old setup will end up on CL after the new one is in and runs for a little while to make sure everything works good.

I put a new outdoor service in beginning of last week for 2 units instead of the common disconnect that was there, and there's already 6 gauge 60A wire going to it to run both units that are 30A each.  We got everything figured out and ready for the lines to be run but I had to order a longer line set, it will be here tomorrow.  We're gonna try to finish it up this Sat.  One unit is going where it shows in the pic, the other is going in the same place on the opposite side of the wall later. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
21 Mar 2024 18:38 - 21 Mar 2024 18:47 #18339 by Geno
For the first time in a long time there are no long term WH jobs here.  It's kinda nice so it's time to turn back to the other projects that were in progress before.  Dennis picked up his C-160 and attachments on Tuesday and Kevin's band saw was finished by lunch today, so I went back to the waiting area redo and finished up the worst part of the scrubbing the floor and grout, behind the counter...  Everything in that room is clean now and ready for the grout to be redone with the epoxy colorant + sealer.  If things stay quiet I may tackle that tomorrow.  I hope I didn't just jinx myself... 

This Sat is finish the house first mini split so Kevin and I will be working on that some of the day and finding a buffet or somewhere to stuff ourselves.  Last week was the big China Buffet in Frankfort, not sure what this weekend will be...  

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 21 Mar 2024 18:47 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Mar 2024 18:36 #18340 by Geno
It was a nice quiet relaxing day for a change. 

All of the grout is recolored and resealed in the waiting area.  I still have to clean up what got on the tile with a razor, but I've spent too much time on my hands and knees today already and my back is a little unhappy with me.   

I have too much to do tomorrow putting the mini spit in the house with Kevin so that's enough for today.  Everything is ready to go on that project tomorrow morning when he gets here. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Mar 2024 18:41 #18341 by Geno
After doing all of the grout in the waiting area last Friday I woke up Sat morning with some really sore butt muscles, didn't expect that but I don't spend any time on my hands and knees and getting up and down all day.  It didn't help much doing some of that Sat either.  

Kevin and I got the unit in the house and working last Sat.  It was 78 degrees and sunny in the great room yesterday, just how I like it when not working or doing much of anything.     Spent a lot of today wrapping pipes and doing the small stuff that takes awhile, and putting all the installation stuff ,unused parts, tools, and carts away.  I still have to put the condensation pump in, and make a small access panel for it but it will be awhile before the AC is needed. 

The unit is down a little on the right side from the compressor being on that side, the extra weight is pushing the anti-vibration mounts down a little more on that side.  It can be shimmed up a little next time Kevin is here.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Mar 2024 18:23 #18342 by Geno
Spent all morning cleaning up, cutting up, and burning a ton of cardboard, including the big mini split boxes.  Spent most of the afternoon cleaning and blasting the Kohler 12HP parts from a core on one I sold awhile ago that's just been clogging up the small welding table...  Most of the small stuff can be cleaned inside, a few bigger parts will go out to the steam cleaner the next time it's out.  There were also some other misc parts sitting around all over that got cleaned, blasted, and put up in blue bins where they belong.  It takes a lot of time to clean this stuff to oil and grease free to be able to blast it, but it's worth it for nice parts that can't be found anymore.  It's all put away in blue bins in the engine parts area now, a few more things off the short list. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Mar 2024 18:18 #18343 by Geno
75 degrees + sunny today, perfect time for some mower maint and mowing. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer so I think I'll get the steamer out and do some more cleaning.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Mar 2024 19:39 #18345 by Geno
78 and sunny today so it was time to clean as much as possible. 

First pic is yet another example of when Peeps think I'm crazy when I say the place is a mess, or the place is nasty, I'm not lying, it really is lol.    Of course some peeps maybe thought the old waiting area lights were reddish-tan, but I know better...  I'll have to wait a week or so for them to dry out before testing them and listing them on CL, but this was the best and quickest way to clean them.  I think the best thing with the new waiting area lights that's one less thing to clean. 

Also cleaned the Clipper, the rest of the Kohler 12HP core I've been getting cleaned, organized, and put away, and some ice cream buckets full of old greasy mule drive stuff that has been sitting on the blaster cart bottom shelf for at least 8-9 years...   

The CTS also came in for an oil change and some things got rearranged.  Slowly but surely things are getting done and I'm getting a little more caught up on some things that have been on the list for a long long time. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
02 Apr 2024 19:18 #18346 by Geno
Not a lot of time during the day this week with peeps running in and out.  What spare time there is will be spent blasting some stuff including what was steam cleaned last week, and trying to get the waiting area floor ready for sealing.  So far 1/2 of the grout reseal cleanup is done, I try to do some of it each day in the early mornings when it's quiet.  All of the bearings got pressed out of the pulleys last night that were cleaned up, and did some blasting today.  Hopefully business will slow down a little and I can get a few more things done around here now that the weather is turning cool again the rest of the week.   

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.010 seconds