What's everybody doing?

More
15 Nov 2023 02:42 #18193 by CortlandBill
i see back in late October you had a C145h photo posted and noted you had sold it -- do you typically post a tractor ahead of time when you plan to sell one? Or do you just have some tractors on occassion that you sell by word of mouth or someone stopping by the shop? thanks, Bill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
15 Nov 2023 08:10 #18194 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Morning Bill.  I've prob sold around 300 tractors and many, many more attachments than that and can't remember hardly ever posting a tractor ahead of time when I sell them.  I'm usually way to busy to do that so I just sell things when someone calls or comes to the shop looking for something, same goes with parts now.  I also don't spend much time at the computer (nor do I want to lol) which is something I would have to do with posting things and dealing with peeps online.  Again, I have way to many things to do around here and work to do in the shop which is what I enjoy the most. 

The latest example is Jeremy that I'm restoring the 753 for right now.  He wants a mid mount grader for it.  I have a few around here somewhere and I need to make time to find them and get one out for him in the next week or so.  I promised him one of them is his and he has seen firsthand how everything is crammed in everywhere around here in multiple garages and places, how busy I am and understands. 

My friend Kevin was looking for a Winter project so I sold the C145 to him.  He hasn't picked it up yet because we've both been busy doing things before the cold weather comes in but it is his and he doesn't need it immediately.  

This is day to day life around here so I try to take things one day at a time and hope for a little slow time.  It may come someday... 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
17 Nov 2023 09:13 #18198 by Geno
Spent all yesterday afternoon at UK in Lexington getting my new teeth finished up.  I finally have that Hollywood smile I always wanted lol.  

Only 1 more visit to see how everything is working next week and they will be all done. 

One more thing off the list. 

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 Nov 2023 18:42 #18217 by Geno
Just sold my last slot hitch pin so I had to take a little time to make a few more today, I need to make a lot more but at least there are some in stock again.  The last run was 50 of them, they sure don't last long around here. 

I also played around with some used ones that I've been meaning to do for years.  Seems they can be saved pretty easily which is good because I have a ton of them, sometimes keeping everything comes in handy lol.     I need to do the rest of them and get them blasted + painted.  Once installed they still look good and will be 1/2 price which will interest some peeps, especially those not getting a restoration.  

The last 2 pics show one that just had a good hammer hit and crushed the clip grove.  You can see the hit even after cleaning up the outside edge a little, it's at about 11 o'clock sitting in the lathe chuck.  After turning down the high spot and re-cutting the groove it works as good as a new one.  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
05 Dec 2023 19:43 #18230 by Geno
Finished up what I had planned for the 520-8 quicker than I thought, got it all done today.  Latest work on it are in the Restoration + Mods section here -  520-8 build     Finally more things are done and organized, plus some carts and the smaller welding table is cleared and ready for work again.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Dec 2023 17:06 #18236 by Geno
Sunny + warm today so it was time to do a little leaf duty. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
10 Dec 2023 13:00 #18242 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Mulched mine last week, haven't raked in years.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno, nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
11 Dec 2023 07:58 #18243 by Geno
I do the same, mulched leaves make food fertilizer. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Dec 2023 19:01 - 14 Dec 2023 19:01 #18247 by Geno
Nothing to see here but still alive, just working, making some parts, cleaning and organizing.     

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 14 Dec 2023 19:01 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jm46322

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 Dec 2023 19:39 - 16 Dec 2023 20:31 #18248 by Geno
Been going like crazy today.  Someone called from Louisville around 7 last night when I was getting ready to leave the shop.  I posted the old heat pump/package units on Craigslist and he wanted both of them at asking price.  He also wanted them today because it was gonna be over 60 and sunny, and really nice day to do this for a December day.  He could bring someone else, and my friend Kevin was coming up today to play with a new tractor for him but he got sucked into the whirlwind as well lol.    

We got started early and there were 4 of us getting them out so it went pretty good.  Everything was out and loaded in his box truck by lunch time.  Kevin was happy to help and if it weren't for him it wouldn't have gotten as far as it did today.  After they left we grabbed some China buffet at the big one in Frankfort, stopped by Lowes for some caulk + foam, and got all of the outside metal cut, put in, and sealed just as the sun set. 

The shop is a total wreck and stuff is scattered everywhere but that will be something to do beginning of next week.  There is foaming to be done, some interior metal to be replaced, all of the stuff in the wall cabinets we had to take down has to be dealt with, and tools are scattered everywhere.  I'm just really happy for all of the help that was here, the old units are both gone, and it's one more thing off the list. 

First pic is what was there to start with.  I took this and other pics when I knew the new systems were going in several months ago knowing the old units would go on CL when at least one of the new units were in. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 16 Dec 2023 20:31 by Geno.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds