• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
24 Oct 2023 19:06 #18160 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Took a little longer than I thought, the 2 end pieces never had the weld ground down where it was welded to the table when I bought it.  The old bench top is all cut up leaving a nice pile of 1/4" steel ready to use that will fit in the iron worker.  Just when I thought I was done I just found another piece 3' long and a piece of 3/8" that needs to be cut down a little.  I need to check around the shop tomorrow morning and see what else is hiding around here but it shouldn't be much.  Should be done by lunch tomorrow.  Progress is coming along and so is the mess...  

At least it's one more thing off the list that's needed to be done for a few years...  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
26 Oct 2023 19:20 #18163 by Geno
Worked on the new welding turn table a little but spent most of the day cleaning up the dusty mess in the shop, on some of the tractors, and 2 of the cars I need to sell when I get a minute...  The floor even got a mopping where the cars sit, I'm really surprised at what got done today.  It's amazing what can get done when I play hooky for a day, the phone is pretty quiet, and no one stops by to bother me lol.  

The C-145 in the pics is one I wanted to keep but I sold it yesterday.  As most peeps know I really want to keep everything but I need to quit that... 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 Oct 2023 19:19 #18165 by Geno
My friend Kevin came back up from Etown today.  We went to our usual pizza place, then wired up and put the disconnect in + bracket on the outside for the new split system that will be here Monday or Tuesday.  He's coming back here next Sat to put the rest of the new system in.  He's run about 15 crews for an HVAC business for many years and knows what he's doing.  It also doesn't hurt that he's a little OCD like me... 

We also made a front bolt on hitch setup today for the front of his Kubota, now it has one on front + rear. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
31 Oct 2023 18:00 #18166 by Geno
Cold weather is here so took it easy today and caught up on some personal stuff + paperwork.  Having an interview at 2 tomorrow to start drawing retirement, (yes I will still do what work I'm doing now, maybe a little less lol), getting a Real ID from the DMV, and renewing my passport book + card. 

Who knows, I may go somewhere warm to warm up in the Winter from time to time. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Nov 2023 18:00 #18167 by Geno
Retirement paperwork is done and approved, (yes I will still do what work I'm doing now), Real ID from the DMV is done, and I have an appointment next Tuesday to renew my passport book + card.  

My HVAC friend Kevin is coming up tomorrow to install the new split system that came in yesterday and go to the pizza buffet of course. 

The new system has no backup coils or anything to spin the meter off the building like the old ones.  This system has rated performance to -22 and is what they call an Arctic heat pump.  It's 22.5 SEER, Energy Star 4 Certified with Inverter Technology, a variable speed compressor, and a lot of the system runs on DC voltage.  Finally something that both me and the electric bill will like.  

Will put some pics of it up when it's in.

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Nov 2023 08:07 #18168 by Geno
My friend Kevin sent me some pics of the tool box and front hitch brackets we made over the past 2 weekends.  They look good after they were painted + mounted on the tractor.  We've also made a lot of light brackets over time, I think there are about 10 lights on it now, it looks like the Sun at night.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
04 Nov 2023 11:31 #18169 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Cold weather is here so took it easy today and caught up on some personal stuff + paperwork.  Having an interview at 2 tomorrow to start drawing retirement, (yes I will still do what work I'm doing now, maybe a little less lol), getting a Real ID from the DMV, and renewing my passport book + card. 

Who knows, I may go somewhere warm to warm up in the Winter from time to time. 
Great you need some down time so you should wax up your surfboard and hit the waves...Good luck what ever you do or dont do..

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Nov 2023 09:42 #18170 by Geno
Thanks Nappy.    I could use some time off but I'm not sure about a surfboard being involved. 

The guy on the ladder is my friend Kevin.  It took a lot longer than expected but that happens with trying to get everything right when ribbed metal is involved...  We had to run 2x4's from the top to the next lower girt for the mount, then figure and cut the metal to put under it.  I wanted the lower piece removable in case we ever need to get to it for service, and the metal on each side of it still removable.   It's installed and working great, that thing really puts out the heat and the electric meter moves slower with it running wide open than with the shop lights on, I am totally impressed.  It was late Sat when we got done so I didn't get a chance to update here.  I still have to get the lines in the wall, get the wireless setup in it, tape the lines, and tidy up a few things but hopefully that will all get done today.   

I have another tractor coming to restore from Northern Ohio around 2pm today so I have to get some of this mess cleaned up this morning before it gets here.  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Nov 2023 20:11 - 07 Nov 2023 20:12 #18178 by Geno
Took a few minutes off from working on Jeremy's 753 today and ran out for lunch and get my passport renewed.  I'm finally caught up on everything travel wise and will be able to go anywhere in the world again here soon...  Now I just need to get myself motivated to leave the shop again lol.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 07 Nov 2023 20:12 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Nov 2023 19:04 #18192 by Geno
Came out early this morning and finished up the new split system.  I've been using the lathe in a tight spot with an extension cord run to it to do the work on Jeremy's tractor and it was a bit of a pain to get to...   

One more thing off the list.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds