• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
07 May 2022 07:42 #17720 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?

Very nice here yesterday. Pressure washed the whole camper and made some trim repairs

Is it getting close to travel time? :woo

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2022 11:05 #17721 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?

Very nice here yesterday. Pressure washed the whole camper and made some trim repairs

Is it getting close to travel time? :woo

Yup next weekend will be 2022 launch. Need to go to the bank and get a loan for fuel.:faint

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 May 2022 08:06 #17722 by Geno
Yea no kidding. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 May 2022 08:29 #17723 by Geno
Doing about 10 things at once again lol. :tounge2

A little cleaning, a little rearranging, redoing the porch on the South side of the house, redoing the front porch steps, replacing some pieces on the front porch posts + railing, and working on a supercharged Jaguar for a friend. I don't know what happened to space under the hood to work on these newer cars but it seems there's no such thing anymore... :waiting

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
10 May 2022 12:26 #17724 by GT 14
You don't use the front door anyway :yank :rolling

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 May 2022 18:17 #17725 by Geno
You're right GT :tounge2 I thought about just putting another rail in there and taking up the sidewalk but 2 of the construction peeps I know said it would be better to fix it for the curb appeal and it would much more than pay for itself in the home value. It's not going back in wood steps in the front, or floor + steps on the South side though. The rails will be wood and match what's there but the steps and South porch floor are going to all be poured in concrete. Not only will the concrete last forever but it's half the cost vs all wood (let alone sealer, screws, joist hangers, etc, etc), so it's a win win and less maintenance to do. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!

More
13 May 2022 08:13 - 13 May 2022 08:16 #17727 by GT 14
Hope lumber prices will come back down soon. Got a couple small projects and don't want to sell a kidney.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 13 May 2022 08:16 by GT 14.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 May 2022 14:34 #17729 by Geno
It's up more than ever here, a 2 x 4 x 8' is $6.98... :doh

Welcome to the Stables!

More
16 May 2022 13:27 #17730 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?
Glad me not buying 2 x 4 s since gas is high enough......oh and i don't drive too far from home because of it...but i was cleaning me little garage and my 416 is looking so good but i haven't used it in several years now....here are a couple of pictures from today.......and last picture is why 416 isn't being used .....:bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 May 2022 19:12 #17732 by Geno
What a nice 416. :10

As some of you know the lack of work on the property, only working eating and sleeping, and putting work first for so many years has made a real mess around here. The result is completely redoing some things when if they were simply painted, or other things maintained would have actually saved a lot of time and money over the years. More serious issues such as waking up to the big front awning pulled loose and a few inches off of the Escalade + Dually that one morning was a real wake up call...

I've been trying to figure out how to get more done around the property since I can't do much else right now. People bringing things to work on, especially most of them driving from everywhere in the country makes it where I really can't schedule any WH work. With all the dental stuff appts, being on a call list if anyone cancels, and not knowing when I can be here, or the next hour having to leave is the real problem let alone for the month I'll be down after the surgery. So,,, I've come up with a new strategy...

There are a lot of things that can be done in a few hours time but it takes longer than that to get out all the equipment, then put it away without getting much work done. So I got out the smaller trailer yesterday and am setting it up as a mobile workshop that can do most anything. All the tools for carpentry, concrete, vinyl + trim work, etc, will be on it, then if I have to leave quickly, or a rain shows up I can unplug the one 12 gauge extension cord and just put in the shop. I need to get out some ladders and put them and the trim coil and things like that in the truck bed then it should be pretty ready to go. I also need to do some things inside so if it's raining outside all of the tools will be out for that, in the shop, and ready to go. I also need to make and finish up some trim work and other things inside that I can do now since the aluminum brake is already out and mounted to the trailer.

It will be nice to get more things done instead of wasting time on some days because the phone may ring and I have to run lol... :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds