• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
21 Apr 2022 07:51 #17689 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Nice work as usual GT. :thumb

Looks like it will do more than you'll ever need, weight wise it would blow out the front tires before that gives way lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2022 09:00 - 21 Apr 2022 09:08 #17690 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Looks like it will do more than you'll ever need, weight wise it would blow out the front tires before that gives way lol.
:rolling4 :hi5 Yea I tend to overbuild everything. I had and old class 1 hitch laying around, it is a solid bar. Cut 5 inch off it and used that for a gusset. I also welded the gap where the WH bracket folds just in case.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 21 Apr 2022 09:08 by GT 14.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Apr 2022 07:49 #17691 by Geno
Too much is always better than not enough lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
22 Apr 2022 09:16 - 22 Apr 2022 09:20 #17692 by GT 14
Too much is always better than not enough
That is my motto as well!

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 22 Apr 2022 09:20 by GT 14.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
23 Apr 2022 19:14 #17693 by Geno
Started this morning and finished cutting up and cleaning up the trees behind the shop today. I am sore, bruised, there was some blood and cuts involved, and I am wore completely out. :whew There are still some stumps left to deal with but that will be in the next pretty weather days ahead.

I called a few peeps over the past few days to ask for help. These are peeps I do a lot of - need it now and free work for, and of course they were all too busy to help (like peeps always are unless they need something) so I did it all by myself as usual... As of today a lot of things will change. I culled most of the peeps like that around 10 years ago and the new ones since then are culled as of now. :dalek

There was a little bend in the front of the Kubota bucket and I got it tangled up several times trying to move all of this stuff by myself and made it about twice as bad as it was. That's ok, I'll fix it first of next week when the rain and cooler weather comes in. I've been meaning to fix what was bent there previously and weld some hooks on the bucket for a long time anyway. :thumb1

Anyway, most of the mess is gone, grass is mowed, and I get tomorrow to rest and recuperate. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
24 Apr 2022 08:34 #17694 by GT 14
These are peeps I do a lot of - need it now and free work for, and of course they were all too busy to help (like peeps always are unless need something) so I did it all by myself as usual...

That is usually the way it goes, I have the hat and T shirt for it. But I always feel the Lord knows and puts another addition on my mansion.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

More
24 Apr 2022 16:27 #17695 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Yes i have to agree with that.....a thing of beauty..:cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Apr 2022 14:38 #17696 by Geno

These are peeps I do a lot of - need it now and free work for, and of course they were all too busy to help (like peeps always are unless need something) so I did it all by myself as usual...

That is usually the way it goes, I have the hat and T shirt for it. But I always feel the Lord knows and puts another addition on my mansion.

These are more wealthy and more self centered or lazy peeps, I think by keeping this up it would be called enabling lol. :tounge2 Most of it is stuff like vehicle work and other things that I don't do, or never had done for the public like machine or welding shop work anyway. There's a welding shop 3 miles right up the road in one direction and another 1 mile in the other direction from me... :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Apr 2022 14:39 - 25 Apr 2022 14:41 #17697 by Geno

Yes i have to agree with that.....a thing of beauty..:cof3 :bacon0

Where did you get those Nappy lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 25 Apr 2022 14:41 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Apr 2022 19:09 #17698 by Geno
The rain was supposed to be here by lunch so I just got 1 stump out down toward the highway. The tall one has a fence right through the middle of it so it will be last.

Spent most of the afternoon on the bucket, I didn't realize it was so bad before I added to the damage but once I got to straightening on it it was several inches low on the top. It took a lot longer than I thought to work it out without heating it and making it weaker. It also got 3/4" x 1/4" thick square tubing welded to the backside and it sits flush with the original lip so it looks ok, I don't think we'll be bending it again anytime soon. :smile2 . It also got a few G70 chain hooks welded on it so we don't have to wrap longer chains around other parts of the bucket or arms until it's tight to lift with it.

Now I just need to do a little more clean up on it and find some Kubota orange paint. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds