• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
21 Mar 2022 09:16 #17636 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
I guess, something to do lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Mar 2022 10:50 #17640 by Geno
Yesterday was the last really nice day for the rest of the week so it was a good day to get ready for mowing season, sharpening blades, greasing equip, getting out the pull behind sprayer and putting new hoses on it, cleaning the nozzles, etc. I hadn't used the sprayer in several years because it needed some work and I never made time for that, but like I vowed this year, all of that's gonna change... :smile2 Even got a little time yesterday on the mower for a bit, it's easy to forget in the Winter months how nice it is to get out and spend some nice quality time on the mower. :thumb1

Finishing up some blasting this morning of some extra parts that have been on the blasting cart for well over a year, and some other little way overdue things... :doh I hope to get back to the sheet metal on the new tricycle this afternoon and maybe even paint a piece or two. :tounge2

The 2nd pic is something I found in the back that I was wondering if anyone knows what it is. I'll prob use it for a balancer or to lift something odd on the engine lift and forklift. Dad thinks it's for an old piece of horse drawn farm equipment, anyone else know what it is? :confused1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
25 Mar 2022 06:47 #17644 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Yesterday was the last really nice day for the rest of the week so it was a good day to get ready for mowing season, sharpening blades, greasing equip, getting out the pull behind sprayer and putting new hoses on it, cleaning the nozzles, etc. I hadn't used the sprayer in several years because it needed some work and I never made time for that, but like I vowed this year, all of that's gonna change... :smile2 Even got a little time yesterday on the mower for a bit, it's easy to forget in the Winter months how nice it is to get out and spend some nice quality time on the mower. :thumb1

Finishing up some blasting this morning of some extra parts that have been on the blasting cart for well over a year, and some other little way overdue things... :doh I hope to get back to the sheet metal on the new tricycle this afternoon and maybe even paint a piece or two. :tounge2

The 2nd pic is something I found in the back that I was wondering if anyone knows what it is. I'll prob use it for a balancer or to lift something odd on the engine lift and forklift. Dad thinks it's for an old piece of horse drawn farm equipment, anyone else know what it is? :confused1
I think your dad is right on that part....:2cents

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
25 Mar 2022 09:43 #17645 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Sure looks like horse equipment to me, maybe stump pulling.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Mar 2022 11:34 #17646 by Geno
The peeps right across the street have a few young strong horses, maybe I could borrow them lol. :smile2

Been priming some parts for the trike and cleaning up some hubs that were blasted the other day that looked pretty rough in between coats. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
26 Mar 2022 10:04 #17649 by Geno
I went over to the farm yesterday to pick up another hood for the trike and took a few pics. The place is cleaned up and looking really nice, all of the fences are gone and the trees pushed out that were all grown up in the fence lines. All that's left is a few big piles to burn in some small groups of trees then it will look great. I've been trying to convince dad to take out the fence that is left on some of his property but for some strange reason he want to keep it, maybe he'll do it once stuff starts to grow up in those lines lol... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
27 Mar 2022 08:45 - 27 Mar 2022 08:46 #17650 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Wow, if I am looking at the first pic correctly all the barns and milk house are gone.That is a BIG change!

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 27 Mar 2022 08:46 by GT 14.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 Mar 2022 14:20 - 28 Mar 2022 14:27 #17651 by Geno
It's all still there GT, that pic is at the entrance and looking left or South, you can see the stone front where the cattle guard is in the car side mirror. The barns are all behind me in the 2nd + 3rd pic, you can barely see the end of the rain gutter in the 3rd pic on the lower right where I keep all of the other tractors and stuff not here at the shop. :smile2

I'll add some old pics in here from 2015 to get a better idea. The new 1st pic from the other post was taken from right inside the stone gates. What looks so good now is the 2nd pic from 2015 shows some of the fence lines with all the stuff grown up in it that is all gone now.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Mar 2022 14:27 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 Mar 2022 14:38 #17652 by Geno
I'll try to get better pics that match where the old ones were taken from next time I'm down that way with the camera. These may be a better comparison though, 1st older 2015 pic was taken from right outside the main stone gates, 2nd one was taken from right inside the main stone gates. Angle is a little different but where they were taken from was less than 100 feet apart. A good thing to go by in both (minus the fence line mess) is the electric poles are in both of them. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Mar 2022 18:44 #17657 by Geno
I had a work list for today and got it all done plus a few things, I still can't hardly believe it myself lol. :laughing

All the grass is mowed and sprayed with 24D, another pond is cleaned out and the 2 waterfalls are going, only 1 left with the little fountain in it. Rear porch is cleaned up, the lot is blown off, shop is swept and blown out just needs a mopping, everything is cleaned up and put way from the different projects today, the tricycle fenders + hood are ready for paint, and all the bodywork stuff in the shop is put away. :woo

I think it's time for a little supper and a Stewart's root beer to celebrate. :drinks :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Time to create page: 0.665 seconds