• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
10 Feb 2022 15:02 #17548 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?

GT 14 wrote: I will keep you up to date on any brain farts that arise :farty .

:yay

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2022 08:02 #17557 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Cut and split a cord of wood yesterday! :faint :dalek

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
14 Feb 2022 08:12 - 14 Feb 2022 08:14 #17558 by Geno
Are you running out or did you do it just for the exercise?

I have enough left to make it through but this is the time of year that I start to get a little tired of feeding the wood stove. I never get tired of feeling the heat though, nothing like wood heat to quickly warm all the way to the bone. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 14 Feb 2022 08:14 by Geno.

More
14 Feb 2022 10:17 #17559 by GT 14
Still have plenty for this year, but need to keep adding so it will be seasoned. Usually burn 2 cords, will be cutting another cord tomorrow.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
16 Feb 2022 08:32 #17563 by Geno
Yesterday afternoon was a steam cleaning marathon but it was 65 and sunny and a good day to be outside. :smile2

It's amazing how the shop can go from nice and neat to cluttered up so fast. :laughing The one on the floor is one of my regulars from a few hours away and needs some transmission bearings and seals among other things, and the other 2 are dad's.

I'm finally doing the first work on dad's 314 ever, it had a brake shaft seal leak start so it will get all new rearend seals, he bought it new in 98 and it looks great for 900 hours. The other yellow and black thing is what he uses to do the mowing in front of the farm, the front avenue and the places where a nice cut isn't so important but where there is so much to mow speed is lol. :tounge2 I can't say too much because I found it for him many years ago and it was only a year old and a really good deal... This is the first work on it as well, it has an oil leak that I think is the oil cooler lines.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
16 Feb 2022 09:26 #17564 by GT 14
That's a rugged looking Zero Turn, are you flipping it.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
17 Feb 2022 11:11 - 17 Feb 2022 18:31 #17565 by Geno

GT 14 wrote: That's a rugged looking Zero Turn, are you flipping it.

You looked at the pics and didn't read the post lol. :waiting :rolling3 :tounge2

Finished up at the chiropractor this morning, they said I could come back in a month or so for a checkup if I wanted. :woo

Also finished up the rear seals in dad's 314 yesterday and replaced the spark plug. The left hub came off pretty good but the right was one of the hardest ones ever, you can tell by the damage in the pic before it was cleaned up. It was pretty unusual because this tractor has never been outside and never gets wet unless it's being washed. I still need to change the oil, put a new air filter in it, and fix the right front tire that's going down then I think that's it for the tractor. He said the deck has a noise in it that I need to check out then I think it will be done.

The Cub got new plugs, fuel filter and a few fuel lines, oil cooler lines, and a new air filter and pre filter yesterday but still has another oil leak under the right spark plug area that may be a little hard to get to so it will get put on hold for a little bit. I need to finish up the 314 work then get the rearend off and apart in the 310 for a customer, I told him I would try to have it ready by March 1. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 17 Feb 2022 18:31 by Geno.

More
17 Feb 2022 12:13 #17566 by GT 14

Geno wrote:

GT 14 wrote: That's a rugged looking Zero Turn, are you flipping it.

You looked at the pics and didn't read the post lol. :waiting :rolling3 :tounge2

I read the post quickly and thought you were talking about the Wheelhorse, reading comprehension was always a problem for me.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 Feb 2022 08:15 #17567 by Geno
It may not be a reading comprehension thing here GT, I do tend to put a lot of stuff in a post and jump around a lot... :laughing

Dad was here most of the afternoon yesterday and we played Wheel Horse all afternoon. We went over his 314 and deck with a fine tooth comb and fixed any little thing that wasn't like new, replaced the deck belt + idler, the mule drive belt and 1 of the pulleys, just all kinds of little things that weren't really that bad now but would it would need in the future. Maybe now it won't get anything much else for the next 24 years like the last 24 that it's been in the family lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
18 Feb 2022 10:07 - 18 Feb 2022 10:09 #17568 by GT 14
The only thing I have had to do on my 78 C-101 is deck wheels and one deck belt. It has at least 1500 hrs on it. Replaced the points plug and condenser 15 years ago and the points still looked great. (never failed to start, just thought it was about time) My son uses it every week to mow 1/2 acre. Attached is a pic of his on it circa 81

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Feb 2022 10:09 by GT 14.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno, nappypappy

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds