What's everybody doing?

More
29 Dec 2021 23:47 #17435 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: I forgot to mention,,, since the steamer was out I went a little cleaning crazy, one thing just leads to another you know... :laughing

The dually had some mud on it so it got cleaned up, then part of a frame off restoration I actually started on 31 years ago (eek lol), the frame was in a barn and was one of the last things moved and is still on the trailer hooked to the dually so it got cleaned up. As the frame was getting cleaned it got stuff all over the trailer, shop, and everything around it so it all had to be cleaned too. Good thing I was about out of diesel by the time that was all done or hard telling what else I would find to do... :tounge2

Just for fun I'm wondering if anyone can tell what the frame is. It is a 1968 big block convertible (of course lol) car. If someone knows their old Chevy's the 3 pics should make it easy to narrow down, If not the 3 front end pics I have left for later should do it. Any guesses?

Chevelle maybe or nova.....................:2cents :cof3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
30 Dec 2021 07:56 #17436 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Good guesses Nappy, you're on the right track. :thumb1 It is a shorter sports car type 2 door like that, you must have noticed the frame isn't very long... Another hint then I'll put up front pics tomorrow, look closely at the factory fuel tank location, the gas cap is on the tank where it goes as well.

Welcome to the Stables!

More
30 Dec 2021 08:38 - 30 Dec 2021 08:52 #17437 by jm46322
Replied by jm46322 on topic What's everybody doing?
after seeing the picture on something bigger than my phone..

i say corvette

the up swept rear section of the frame
along with the clean inner side rails knowing the the floor pan lays inside of them

if i am wrong i am a farmer that still can look at your soil and predict what your drainage issues, fretilizer needs and crop yield

if the gas tank was not on the frame i would of been 50 / 50 corvette / corvair

John in Highland Indiana
self appointed chief mechanic at
WOODWARD FARMS
Last edit: 30 Dec 2021 08:52 by jm46322.

More
30 Dec 2021 09:31 #17438 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Corvette

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Dec 2021 09:44 #17439 by Geno
You win the prize John, it's a corvette convertible. :yay

Not many cars had the gas tank or cap in the body in that location, as for the Corvair though,,, the tank was in the front with the filler door in the left front fender and the engine was in the rear lol. :tounge2

The next hints in the front end pics would have been the steering setup, massive front sway bar, and through holes in the cross member for the exhaust pipes. I never thought I would need to post pics of the rear end but that would have done it for sure with the single horizontal leaf spring setup and a rearend stump with 3 u-joint holders for the independent suspension. I forgot to get those parts off the rack and clean them the other day when I was going steam crazy... :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

More
30 Dec 2021 10:02 #17440 by jm46322
Replied by jm46322 on topic What's everybody doing?
dip it, blast it, powder coat it. build it. times a burning

John in Highland Indiana
self appointed chief mechanic at
WOODWARD FARMS

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Dec 2021 11:41 #17441 by Geno

jm46322 wrote: dip it, blast it, powder coat it. build it. times a burning

I'll prob get the rest of the chassis parts cleaned up this spring and on it then sell it and let someone else finish it, I have a few too many projects all over the place already and would like to down size. One of them is sitting on a rack in here that I look at every day... :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Dec 2021 18:32 #17442 by Geno

GT 14 wrote: Corvette

Sorry I missed this this morning GT, you get a prize too lol. If you or John are ever this way again it's a free pizza buffet for you guys, you get one too Nappy just for participating. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT 14, nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Dec 2021 19:09 - 30 Dec 2021 19:11 #17443 by Geno
Today was a day of doing some vehicle check overs and oil changes before cold weather comes in in dad's truck, mom's STX, the CTS and Escalade. We've been blessed beyond belief with all this nice warm weather including 60+ today, then 65 or better tomorrow, and Sat. It has made for good weather to move things around in the shop and get organized. There are even 3 of mine inside for the night with a little room to spare. Sunday on the other hand is looking like around 20 at night and maybe our first snow, grrrrr lol. :cold

Tomorrow will be a final look around at the part of the farm that was sold to move a few small things and the air compressor out of the old shop and make it ready for it's new owner on Sat. One more thing off of the list. :whew

Some peeps showed up today now that I'm back in the shop for the most part and bought a nice 10" Brinley plow and dozer blade, and the 145 Auto I put on CL last night may be sold as well. I even had some time to do a little mopping, it doesn't do as good as the floor scrubber and in most pics the floor looks ok, until you see a clean spot like the pic below... :doh

I have a few I guess you could call them resolutions for the new year and one of them is to narrow work time for the public down to around 60 hours a week so I can do a lot better at keeping the shop and property cleaner than I have been over the past few years, and take some convertible rides when it gets warm. :smile2 :yes

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2021 19:11 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
01 Jan 2022 08:53 #17444 by Geno
Everything at the farm is done, that's a lot of pressure off of me to get dad and myself done with sorting and moving 45 years of stuff. :whew I also no longer have to see the "NEW FARM OWNER TAKES POSSESSION \\\ HAVE TO CLEAN OUT BY DEC 31" at the top of my daily scheduler in the puter every morning when it pops up. :yay

The new owners stopped by yesterday morning when we were finishing up and they really have no interest in the buildings, they only want the land so I asked them to think about what they wanted for the buildings and land in front of them for access to them. It would be weird to move back there after moving everything out lol. :laughing They also bought the farm next door to dad last year and I asked them about that house and barns that are really nice that they have no interest in and used to be owned by one of the Governors of KY. Who knows what the Lord has in store but we'll pray and see...

They are big soybean farmers with thousands of acres in the county. They already started on pushing out all the fences on the farm next door to dad and wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing on what part of the farm dad sold them and made it one big open space with nothing but soybeans as far as the eye can see. It would sure be a pretty site to see. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.601 seconds