• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
06 Jan 2022 13:08 #17456 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?

GT 14 wrote: OCD to the Max :cleaning :bliss :cleaning

Who me? :rolling3

What's going on up your way Nappy? It's been snowing like mad here for an hour already. They called for 1-3 inches starting at 1PM and it's 1PM and we already have 3 with no sign of stopping for hours. The pic doesn't do it justice, but if you look between the house and garage you can't hardly see the highway right in front of me, it's really coming down...

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Jan 2022 17:29 #17460 by Geno
Round 1 of the mule drives are mostly apart. The steering wheel remover setup I made for the press a few years ago worked great on taking off the mule drive pulleys and all of the bad pulleys for round 1 are off. :woo Nice thing is it also saves all the spacers and I can get both pulleys of in about a minute. Some of them do the popping thing when coming off like a steering shaft, 1st one that did that scared the daylights out of me lol. :laughing I knew some of them were tight but not that tight. :surprised

There were a lot more good ones that don't need anything than I thought there would be, the ones on the pallet are good and the ones on the workbench only need pulleys, knobs, clips, or a little work on freeing up the adjuster. I'll get more into them after the next batch is all apart and see how many I can make from all the parts.

The rest of them are out of the 4 wheel wagon and on a cart, round 2 starts tomorrow. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Jan 2022 14:58 #17463 by Geno
Round 2 of the pulleys are done. Now it's time to deal with the ones that need a little work on the bench. The heavy artillery (torch) is out and everything is ready to go. Speaking of my torch,,, I own all of my own tanks in the shop and they said the o2 tank had to be re-certified last time it was filled. I said ok no problem, then it came back green, what the!? It had been stripped and painted WH red when it left and looked great but they said it was common to blast them and paint o2 tanks green. They said next time just let them know to leave it red but I still have to redo it lol. >( :tounge2

Anyway,,, I have the metal bench set up for fixing whatever, then a drive goes to the cart to get the threads rechecked, the pulley shaft cleaned and lubed, then whatever it needs put on it. They will get all the good used pulley's until they are gone then the rest will just get spacers and the nut and put up on the pallet for someday. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Jan 2022 18:31 #17464 by Geno
Slowly but surely they're getting done, there are a lot more on the table than I thought. I think I have close to enough made up so after I do a few more everything will still get freed up and apart, then bigger parts prob just set on the pallet and small parts in a Fastenal bin for parts. :yes

The last pic is thankfully the only one I found like that but it takes a special kind of, uh, person to do that type of stuff... :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
08 Jan 2022 10:40 #17465 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
[quote="The last pic is thankfully the only one I found like that but it takes a special kind of, uh, person to do that type of stuff... :laughing[/quote]

I think they found the right person. :hiding :rolling

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Jan 2022 11:54 #17466 by Geno
You know some of those peeps too that just say turn up the impact huh lol. :doh

The last of the adjusters are freed up and cooling down. They will get dealt with after lunch then I can move on to something a little more fun. :tounge2 I didn't think so many of them would be good or almost all of them could be saved for some kind of use. The pallet will be pretty much full when these are on there. Wonder how many more are on the tractors sitting around here, hiding somewhere, or at the farm... One things for sure, no shortage of them around here. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Jan 2022 15:36 #17467 by Geno
One more thing done and out of the way. :10

They barely all fit on one pallet, then there was some room on the pallet next to it for the belt guards so it worked out good. :thumb1

Only problem now is even after doubling the amount of pallet rack shelves last Summer I'm out of pallet rack space, again lol. :jump1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Jan 2022 20:17 - 08 Jan 2022 20:19 #17468 by Geno
Here's the latest Covid - "Deltacron". I read a lot of news and most of the reliable and early news is here, I check it out every morning and evening. Jpost.com

Deltacron Variant

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 08 Jan 2022 20:19 by Geno.

More
09 Jan 2022 09:46 - 10 Jan 2022 09:40 #17469 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Well we don't have colds or flu anymore, so there's that. :read1 :scared :rolling4

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 10 Jan 2022 09:40 by GT 14.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Jan 2022 09:53 #17470 by Geno
They forgot to tell us the flu and colds mysteriously went away lol. :jump1

I usually have iHeart Radio Up! or iHeart80's playing in the shop all day and the 80's station has some phrases that I think I'm gonna make a phrase for the day from on occasion.

Phrase for today is "Don't you monkey with the monkey" :dalek :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds