• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
23 Dec 2021 18:44 #17425 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
The 520-8 is put together enough to drive and move around without the steering shaft falling out and the front tires are fixed.

Now it's on to a C-145 Auto that's been sitting back there for awhile that needs to be rewired and a carb put on it. I would like to keep that one because it's nice, mostly original, and has a hydro lift but majority of the time I would like to keep most all of them for one reason or another. I'm trying to do better at letting things go so I'll prob sell it to someone else that needs a good tractor lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2021 10:38 #17426 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Got new eyes for Christmas, cataract surgery with corrective lenses installed.The world looks allot different now.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Dec 2021 17:07 - 24 Dec 2021 17:07 #17427 by Geno

GT 14 wrote: Got new eyes for Christmas, cataract surgery with corrective lenses installed.The world looks allot different now.

That's awesome GT. :10

Dad had his lenses or something changed a few years ago and said the same thing. He also said it was pretty painful, they did them 1 at a time with 3 months or so in between and couldn't get near dust for like 6 weeks on each one. Was yours like that?

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 24 Dec 2021 17:07 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Dec 2021 17:19 - 24 Dec 2021 17:21 #17428 by Geno
The 145 Auto is done, rewired, all the safety's working, put back together and running, and a nice 175-8 is drug out from the back, another one I was gonna keep but we've already been over that lol... :tounge2 I see some wiring I don't like but this tractor was a sweetie and did run when I got it, maybe it will be an easy one to get ready. :thumb

I also found the old round hood I tried the tricycle kit on last year to see how long it took to put one on from start to finish. I have a nice sickle bar for it I found this year too, I would sure look nice restored and sitting up front instead of taking up space sitting in the back... :idea :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Dec 2021 17:21 by Geno.

More
25 Dec 2021 11:06 #17429 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote:

GT 14 wrote: Got new eyes for Christmas, cataract surgery with corrective lenses installed.The world looks allot different now.

That's awesome GT. :10

Dad had his lenses or something changed a few years ago and said the same thing. He also said it was pretty painful, they did them 1 at a time with 3 months or so in between and couldn't get near dust for like 6 weeks on each one. Was yours like that?

No pain at all for me, just a little blurry for 24hrs. I will have the left eye done on Jan 6 if covid does not get in the way. They told me not to shower with spray directly on the eye. Also keep away from dust. I mulched leaves yesterday and keep my eye closed just in case. Using antibiotics and steroid drops daily. Colors are much brighter and vivid in my right eye, is wonderful.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Dec 2021 19:06 #17430 by Geno
I'm glad it wasn't painful for you. :thumb1 They had to cut dad's eye all the way across and replace his lenses, he had to wear an eye patch for 2 weeks and couldn't even strain much or it would stop the healing, pressure on the eye I guess. They did 1 at a time 3 months apart to allow one to completely heal before doing the next in case something went wrong, they say it does sometimes. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Dec 2021 19:48 #17431 by Geno
Over the past 3 months or so I've sold a lot of old shop equip like my brake lathes and some other bigger equipment I hadn't used in many years. I'm keeping the Sun Machine, Alignment equipment, AC equipment, transmission flush and fuel system cleaning equipment, transmission and air jacks, everything I would really need to fix or replace anything for me, dad, and some select others. None of these so called mechanics around here are touching any of my stuff lol. :tounge2

There have also been peeps from all over that I have coordinated with on picking up some Wheel Horse stuff and attachments while finishing the Fastenal stuff and working on dad's new barn. All but 1 of the really nice single stage snow blowers are sold, 1 girl was here visiting relatives from Iowa and even stopped in to get one, someone came down from Northern Ohio and bought my last NOS 2 stage blower about a week ago, extra aerators, rollers, etc and other stuff that I had more than 1 of (I need 1 of a lot of things for me you know), just misc peeps from everywhere needing things that have made little spots to move stuff around here, there, and everywhere.

Today was a great day here, 70+ degrees with a mild warm wind and some sunshine on and off so the organizing began. It was 65 at 7AM so I got an early start, opened all the garages and started cleaning, blowing them all out with the blower and moving in all 3 of them. The wood rack is back in the shop and loaded, I dug out a lot of the round hood pieces-parts and they went in the 4 car garage with most of the rest of the round hood stuff. Nothing is severely overcrowded where I can't get to things, most of it is organized and on pallets or the new blue racks, and the shop is starting to gain some space, there's even more room in the other 2 garages. Still a little more to move and organize but the place will sure look different by Jan 1. :yay

It's time to get back to business. I have a ton of notes, peeps to call, and peeps that are waiting till the first of the year when I can get back to some type of normal and doing some Horsing around again. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Dec 2021 19:14 #17432 by Geno
I put fuel in the the 175-8 this morning it started leaking around the shutoff and grommet right away so the fuel shutoff, grommet, all of the fuel lines and the filter got replaced. While in there it got a new set of points as well. After that she fired right up and sounds like new except it wasn't charging. After a little inspection the connections to the regulator were burnt up and it got so hot the regulator was melted a little. After getting it all apart and saving the housing which isn't made anymore, replacing the connectors and trying the old regulator the regulator was damaged as well. I stock the regulators so after replacing it she charges perfect. The pain of this job other than saving the connector is the intake has to come loose to get the regulator out so it turned into a lot longer job that planned... :doh

Most of the time peeps just can't comprehend what goes on around here, what it takes to fix something that will last, how much time it takes to fix it the right way, and the work it takes to get a tractor to a point where I would even sell it... :whew

I'll check out everything else tomorrow and hopefully have it ready to go. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 Dec 2021 17:54 #17433 by Geno
The 145 and 175 are done and ready to go, they'll be on CL prob tonight or in the morn. :yay

I decided to hook up the steamer and get the grass stains off of the 145 tires and knock the dust off. I never ran it in the shop before but it makes a good heater while washing, I may have to do more of that in the Winter months, it burns super clean and is free heat lol. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
28 Dec 2021 18:51 #17434 by Geno
I forgot to mention,,, since the steamer was out I went a little cleaning crazy, one thing just leads to another you know... :laughing

The dually had some mud on it so it got cleaned up, then part of a frame off restoration I actually started on 31 years ago (eek lol), the frame was in a barn and was one of the last things moved and is still on the trailer hooked to the dually so it got cleaned up. As the frame was getting cleaned it got stuff all over the trailer, shop, and everything around it so it all had to be cleaned too. Good thing I was about out of diesel by the time that was all done or hard telling what else I would find to do... :tounge2

Just for fun I'm wondering if anyone can tell what the frame is. It is a 1968 big block convertible (of course lol) car. If someone knows their old Chevy's the 3 pics should make it easy to narrow down, If not the 3 front end pics I have left for later should do it. Any guesses?

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds