• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
03 Jan 2022 10:40 - 03 Jan 2022 10:41 #17445 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
After the past 4-5 months of regular work here plus lifting, pulling, tearing apart Fastenal displays and loading them myself, barn building, moving, and doing all of those extra things I shouldn't (including the 80+ hour work weeks for years) the old back finally gave out last weekend... It was the good old pain shooting all the way to down to my right heel by this morning so it was time to go get fixed up. It didn't help that I haven't been exercising when I get done for the day during those months or much at all last year (or a little longer) for that matter either. I have a Bowflex Revolution in the house so I guess it's time to make sure I get out of the shop a little earlier, get back into my exercise routine, and add trying to take care of myself a little better to my resolution this year lol. :tounge2 As soon as this is back in shape in a few weeks my chiropractor said he'll let me know when I can get back on my nightly exercising routine that I should have never stopped...

I just got back from the chiropractor and feeling pretty good right now so it's time to get back to work. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 03 Jan 2022 10:41 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Jan 2022 17:51 #17446 by Geno
The old back is still doing good but it's a lot more sore than I thought it would be, chiropractor must have moved things a lot more than I thought in there so it's had enough for today. :tounge2

I think I picked up where I left off after adding all the pallet rack shelves sometime last year. I'm making a spot in the front of the right 4 post rack for a lot of the fastenal shelves. I think I may have had a cardboard fetish but no more lol. :laughing There was a bunch of it in the back and a lot of empty boxes I broke down and cut up last weekend when I was cleaning in the back 3 rooms, I burned it up this morning and got the shop good and hot really quick. Then there was a pile in front of the right 4 post rack this morning I moved out to cut up and use for heat on these really cold mornings. I like heat, heat is good. :smile2

When I moved the cardboard I found Beer Box (again) and more round hood parts, I thought I was done with them... :doh Anyway, a lot of the stuff on the front of the 4 post rack gets organized on the extra empty pallets on the last pallet rack section. I got everything moved out of the way and to that area minus 1 row of Fastenal shelves so let the organizing begin. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Jan 2022 18:00 - 03 Jan 2022 18:00 #17447 by Geno
I found a part of GT-14 this morning when I was cleaning and put him up on the shelf up on the 4 post rack and asked if he could help get things down off the rack. I don't know what he did most of the day but he didn't move a thing... :waiting :help

I crack myself up some times lol. :tounge2 :rolling3 :rolling3

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jan 2022 18:00 by Geno.

More
04 Jan 2022 09:30 - 04 Jan 2022 09:31 #17448 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?

Geno wrote: I found a part of GT-14 this morning when I was cleaning and put him up on the shelf up on the 4 post rack and asked if he could help get things down off the rack. I don't know what he did most of the day but he didn't move a thing... :waiting :help

I crack myself up some times lol. :tounge2 :rolling3 :rolling3

If your not doing anything later I can help! :rolling4

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 04 Jan 2022 09:31 by GT 14.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Jan 2022 10:59 #17449 by Geno
Oh thanks lol. :laughing

The front of the 4 post rack (shelf) is cleared off enough to move all those round hoods up there and make a clear spot for the shelves. Most of it is on carts and organized to put on pallets once I get some shelves out of the way so let the organizing begin. :woo

And there sits GT in the same place I left him yesterday, I thought he may have done something last night lol. :rolling2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
04 Jan 2022 11:10 #17450 by Kurt-NEPA
Replied by Kurt-NEPA on topic What's everybody doing?
You've been a busy boy Geno. Wish I had 10% of your space and ambition.

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Jan 2022 18:43 #17451 by Geno

Kurt-NEPA wrote: You've been a busy boy Geno. Wish I had 10% of your space and ambition.

I have more ambition than I need, next time you're this way stop by and I'll give you some, as far as space, that I need more of lol. :tounge2

I was thinking today, if I keep cleaning up these small spots before moving things around eventually the whole shop may be clean again... :laughing

I managed to get about half of the shelves to the back and cleared 2 rows where they were. They are even organized, the ones leaning toward the wall are 16" which is what most of them are, the ones leaning on the rack post toward the wheel weights are all of the 14". There are only 4 each of the 18" and 22", and the 24" for the bottom is the row on the left in the pics. Dad is coming up to take some of the 16's to the new barn for his units maybe tomorrow and that will get a few more out of the way. After that I can put another row alongside the 16's already there without getting on the rubber mat, or I may pull 2 of the 1054's out from under the rack and run the 2nd row under the rack, tractors are easier to move than all these shelves again... :whew

There's another pallet started for steering stuff, the shafts are all stripped down, and it's up on the pallet rack. I couldn't believe there were 6 different lengths of upper shafts, they are separated by direction on the pallet, and there are 5 different lengths of front shafts on there. I thought most of them were the same but I guess not, learn something new every day around here while cleaning and organizing. :cleaning

I went on and pulled half of the mule drives out of the 4 wheel wagon on the rack and will start on those after the rest of the shelves are moved, I have a pallet set aside just for them. It will prob take a few days to get them all apart and the bad pulleys thrown away and organized, the pulleys can be a real pain to get off a lot of times... There are so many of them to do I need to come up with a way to get them off in the press or some quicker easier way somehow. :confused1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
05 Jan 2022 11:33 #17452 by Geno
I've headed under the rack into no mans land... :tounge2 There's now a spot out of the way for the rest of the Fastenal shelves, the front of the rack minus a few little things and the other half of the mule drives is cleared, and my back is not happy with me... Too much for an early morning especially moving all the wheel weights that were in the way but I do have a chiropractor appt first thing tomorrow morning if the snow coming this way doesn't knock it out. :gotcha Don't tell my chiropractor that I haven't been taking it easy, I don't have time to take it easy lol. :jump1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
05 Jan 2022 17:34 - 05 Jan 2022 17:34 #17453 by Geno
Shelves are all tucked away under the 4 post rack and dad just left with what I had left out for him that he's using in the new barn. I went on and took off the air hose reel that was near the back wall for working on that side of the rack since it wasn't doing much good there anymore, plus it was really in the way. They all have quick disconnects on them for the lead in so it was pretty easy. I'm sure I can find a new spot to put it that will be more useful. The plan is finally starting to come together now that I'm back in the shop and things are looking good for getting back to work soon. :yay

It sure is nice having a lot of the shop back and all this extra room. Maybe I can even get the floor scrubber out before this is all over. :smile2

Now it's back to the mule drives and getting all that sorted and on the pallet rack where they go. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 05 Jan 2022 17:34 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
06 Jan 2022 12:02 #17454 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
OCD to the Max :cleaning :bliss :cleaning

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds