• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
11 Sep 2023 19:35 #18113 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
The new test bench project has begun, what a mess...  It's in the Tool Section, under the Hand Made section. 

My poor back didn't care much for moving all that stuff, but at least it was a really nice day with all the doors + windows open.  

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
26 Sep 2023 18:59 #18127 by Geno
Doing some steaming today, enjoying the weather, working on the 417, labeling the world, all kinds of stuff lol.  

Label pics here are in the parts dept, I'll put the other labeling in the topics where they belong.   

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Oct 2023 19:41 #18141 by Geno
Got all the heat pumps ready for Winter, humidifier on the blower unit in the house got cleaned and put back together today, and got my thermals out lol.     Someone flipped the switch and the hot is gone all of a sudden...  I really hate to see it go.     

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Oct 2023 19:08 #18142 by Geno
Doing some cleaning and organizing inbetween everything else, what else is new. 

Someone brought me some 1 1/2" angle iron with weird ends on it so they got cut off and the angle iron put in the rack this morning.  Some of it will be used in some hydraulic press mods I have in mind but that's a post for another day.  Now that things are more organized and less cluttered I remembered the outlets I put on the iron worker when I bought it and am finally putting them to use. 

I noticed a small pallet outside last Sat so I brought it in and put some of my $1.00 wheels on it today.  It made a nice dolly for $4.00 and still have 48 wheels left.  Something else on my list of things to do lol...  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Oct 2023 19:36 #18144 by Geno
Came in this morning, turned on the lights and another 8' LED started flickering.  They will drive me batty before it's all over. I'll update the shop lighting topic in the Tool section here to keep it all together. 

Shop Lighting Changes

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Oct 2023 19:08 #18145 by Geno
Had peeps in today and more coming in tomorrow from Bloomington IN, place has been wild for this time of year.  My friend that took the old 12' test bench came and took one of the 8' benches and 2 sets of the big drawers today.  More stuff out of the way.  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Oct 2023 18:26 #18148 by Geno
Going to turn cool tomorrow for awhile so spent most of the day between peeps coming in doing all the steam cleaning I could.  Did a tractor, ladders, roll around stools + carts, brooms, floor mats, and lots of other little things.  Shop is looking better, getting cleaned + organized, and gaining space every day. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 Oct 2023 18:37 #18154 by Geno
Didn't get much done yesterday, hung out with the dentist most of the afternoon.   Good news is when I go back for the next visit in a few weeks I'll have all of my new Hollywood teeth done lol. 

We finally got some decent rain last night and today.  The grass is even trying to turn back to green after being brown for so long. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
21 Oct 2023 18:56 #18156 by Geno
My friend Kevin came up today and we made him a tool box bracket to put on his Kubota.  It mounts to the rollover bar.  It's a little overkill but that's better than not enough... 

Of course we had the Pizza buffet like we always do when he's here. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
23 Oct 2023 19:24 #18159 by Geno
Mondays are always wild but a start was made on the next little project. 

My friend Kevin helped me last Saturday get the old welding table top 1/4" pieces on the table so they can be cut down to pieces that are easier to move and use.  There are 4 pieces that are 30" x 60" now that are hard to deal with, but after cutting it up I can get 4 pieces 14" x 30" with a 5" x 30" left over.  The 14" wide pieces will fit in the iron worker shear and I really never use anything that wide anyway.  Plus I won't have to mess with the plasma cutter for awhile when I need a piece like I do now for the bottom of the new welding turn table.  Yea, there is a reason for the method to my madness...  

I'm actually digging up everything 1/4" thick over 14" around here and getting it all cut down where it fits in the iron worker.  Might as well do it all now, make a big mess and get it over with.  

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds