• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
06 Oct 2021 18:29 #17308 by Geno
I saved a lot of time and did a little cheating on the cross beams. Just a little rearranging then a little stacking, works for me lol. :laughing

The pallet is built and the wood shelving is all moved to it. All the knockdowns here are ready to go back to Fastenal, and there was even a little room to put the pallet rack decking on top of the shelves. Next up is finishing a little bit of bolt sorting in the last 2 totes, then it will be on to the metal shelves and bottom brackets for the gondolas. I think at that point most of the parts will be organized and have a place. :woo

There's actually quite a bit of space in the shop now, considering what it was 3 days ago. I can even get the Camaro out for some more cruising now, if the rain would just go away... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
20 Oct 2021 09:48 - 20 Oct 2021 09:48 #17329 by Geno
The Fastenal guys dropped off 4 more knockdowns of blue bins early Monday morning so I've been organizing and finding a place for them early in the mornings when it's cold and the Sun hasn't come up yet before going to work on dad's new barn project. Never a lack of things to do around here... :whew

I got most of the new ones they just dropped on one of the new portable racks this morning. Looks like a rack will hold 420 of them with a little room left over on the end. I may go a little higher, depends where they end up being put. There are 9 bins full of dividers in the back, 11 more on the rack in the pics, and a few more on a cart. I never really knew how much stuff was in one of those stores but I'm starting to get an idea after all this lol. :laughing

The last pic has 80 of them de-labeled for a new rack going in the back, when time allows of course... Now it's time to go over to the farm and finish up some outside work before the rain comes in tomorrow, and maybe try to get the lawn mowed today... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 20 Oct 2021 09:48 by Geno.

More
23 Oct 2021 21:22 #17338 by CortlandBill
the regional local Fastenal sales rep must love you -- he must make his monthly quota just from your orders? That's beautiful shelving and storage equipment
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds