• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
28 Sep 2021 10:29 - 05 Oct 2021 20:39 #17298 by Geno
I needed something mindless to do so I started doing some organizing again early this morning. It's been nice and quiet for a bit and doing things that I don't have to think much is very relaxing lol. :tounge2

The latest pegboard hooks are put up and I got a start on one of the totes full of fastener stuff my DM friend gave me. I'm trying to just get them in the rivet rack bins according to fastener type for now like bolts, nuts, washers, lag screws, carriage bolts, cutters, etc. There's a lot more stuff in them than I thought but 1 is almost done and only 3 more to go. :jump1 I thought some regular carts would do it but I need to switch over to some of the 4 foot rolling shelves, I had no idea there were so many different things in these and I haven't even finished the 1st one yet. :surprised

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 05 Oct 2021 20:39 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Sep 2021 07:20 #17299 by Geno
Heading over to my DM friends house in 15 mins to head over to the other store. Will be running trucks most of today, they have to be out of the store by tomorrow. What a marathon lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Sep 2021 18:50 #17300 by Geno
We got a lot of stuff moved yesterday and I got a lot of it put up last night. Most of the pegboard backs, gondola uprights and blue bin uprights were here and put up. This is the Wednesday update I guess, not sure what day of the week it is here lately... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Sep 2021 18:56 #17301 by Geno
The closed store is empty, swept, has been inspected by the owner and all is good. Best thing is it was all done before midnight lol. :laughing The DM and I just unloaded the last load and we are worn out, what a marathon... :whew

The first 3 truckloads were here early this morning and we've been going all day, it looked like Fastenal central up here. Most everything is here minus the pallet racking + cross beams, the metal small parts cabinets and 12-1500 blue bins that are at the local store being emptied and inventoried. There are some other small things but that stuff will trickle in as they get things done. I especially like my new WH red chair that was in the mix lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
30 Sep 2021 20:19 #17302 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: The closed store is empty, swept, has been inspected by the owner and all is good. Best thing is it was all done before midnight lol. :laughing The DM and I just unloaded the last load and we are worn out, what a marathon... :whew

The first 3 truckloads were here early this morning and we've been going all day, it looked like Fastenal central up here. Most everything is here minus the pallet racking + cross beams, the metal small parts cabinets and 12-1500 blue bins that are at the local store being emptied and inventoried. There are some other small things but that stuff will trickle in as they get things done. I especially like my new WH red chair that was in the mix lol. :tounge2

What are you going to do with all those shelves?
Looks like the shop is full and what you going to do with all them... oh i already asked that.
Don't think i ever saw that many shelves in one place.

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
01 Oct 2021 09:48 #17303 by Geno
There's a few here lol. :tounge2

The rest of today is gonna be making some racks to hold all of these crossbeams and such that I can move around with the forklift so I can get the knockdowns back to Fastenal and get my shop back. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Oct 2021 08:14 #17304 by Geno
I got to looking around to see if there were any racks floating around that may work for this and found some in E-town a guy was selling. He said he had 6 of them and for $220 for all of them (less than $37 each) I couldn't even buy the steel in these for that let alone all the time to make them so I went and got them last Sat. :thumb

My friend Kevin was only a few miles from where the racks were so I went over to his place to visit him and his wife and see the mini farm they have there that I've been wanting to see for a long time. I was gone most of the day and didn't get home until about 10pm, it's a wonder someone didn't call out the troops to find me because everyone knows I'm always here lol. :tounge2

Now back to cleaning up this mess and getting the shop back. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
04 Oct 2021 12:18 #17305 by GT 14
:thumb :thumb1 :bliss

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Oct 2021 19:09 #17306 by Geno
I forgot to put up what someone dropped off here last Friday. They had a nice top of the line Byte Box over there for their computer stuff, that will be one less thing I'll have to buy when I bring in a CNC plasma cutter at some point. :woo

I got 5 of the knockdowns emptied today, only 1 more to go, for now... There are over 500 gray crossbeams on the 1 rack right now, and prob 4-500 more scattered around here that I can't get to yet. I want to keep the gray and blue ones separate somehow, may put a shelf in the one rack or something, not sure yet. I got a rack started with the blue bin wire racking and will try to get that rounded up from all over the place next, there's a lot of it out in the 4 car garage that's been out there since the parts dept redo last year too... :whew The good news is the new uprights sure do hold a lot of stuff and will end up making a lot of floor space in the end. :10

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Oct 2021 10:54 #17307 by Geno
I would have never thought I could get 200 wire racks on one of these new holding racks but there they are tucked nicely into 1 rack, easy to move with the forklift and out in the other garage. :woo

Yesterday was a day of massive moving and reorganizing. :whew Good news is like the wire racks, all of the cross beams scattered all over are out and getting put on a holding rack today. There is also a few pallets in here that are getting cut down to 4' x 4' and more boards added to hold the wood shelves so they won't warp. All of the pegboard and misc hooks are organized, the other garage has a lot of room for the new holding racks, and everything is working out better and faster than I thought. :smile2

I have to get a move on and try to get most of this moved by the end of this week so I can start on doing the plumbing, wiring, inside walls, etc inside of dad's new barn next week that Morton started on day before yesterday. Like I said before, one project gets sorta done and another is right on it's heels... I need a vacation. :laughing

I'll start a post on here today on the barn progress, I went over and snapped some pics last night.

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.689 seconds