• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
06 Aug 2021 08:28 #17211 by Geno
Sorry no update for yesterday but it was close to bedtime when I got done for the day. Getting ready to head back over to the other Fastenal store and should have time later today to give another update. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Aug 2021 19:29 #17212 by Geno
I talked to the DM today and he's just gonna get one of the big 24' Fastenal box trucks and bring what we don't have moved yet at that time over here next week, prob toward the middle to end of next week. It started to rain when we were gonna load the pickups but I already had some stuff in the Escalade that I brought on back. I don't think any of us realized just how much was in that place, it has been open for 21 years and you know what seems to accumulate in a place when you've been there a long time... :jump1

I got a lot of fixtures broken down while 2 other guys are doing inventory and getting things ready to move to the new store. Product is also getting separated and a lot of non sellers in the store are going back to the hub to be redistributed but they have to be an unopened package. Any open packages are staying in the store until the DM sees if he can move it somewhere, or I've asked him to price it all and if the price is right I'll take all of that too. Once all is said and done they are moving the big forklift to the Lexington store and may have a smaller one to get rid of, I would love to have another forklift around here. :smile2

I've been trying to keep most of the 4 Milwaukee displays and accessories separate so if any displays end up up front they are already red, the header just needs to be relabeled. :thumb

My friend Kevin (he has the articulating WH like mine that actually does work around his place) is coming up from E-town tomorrow morning to bring the WH sickle bar he picked up for me a few weeks ago, some pallets, a fancy fan for dad like he built for me. We're also going to the pizza buffet like we usually do when he's here... :yay He's getting a complete garage makeover courtesy of the Stables and is taking home around 130 blue bins and some of what is here minus the bin uprights and 7' 2" gondolas + pegboard I don't have yet. We may make him a bench tomorrow while he's here too. I don't even have close to 1% of it here yet and I'm planning ahead for room lol. I need to remember to get him to get some before and after pics of his new garage makeover for us to see too. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
19 Aug 2021 08:07 #17230 by Geno
Well, they are still behind... My DM friend has been home for the past 10 days or so until he comes back after the Covid for a few days. He said he's only been sick 5-6 times in his life but he got it, had a fever for a day and was fine in a few days. He also said it wasn't too bad for him and he'd had a lot worse from other things but he was trying to stay away from peeps so he didn't pass it on. He and his wife got it from someone in the family. He hadn't been vaxed but his wife had been because she's a teacher, but it made no difference because she got it too and worse than his. I'm hearing and reading a lot lately from peeps that the the vax doesn't really seem to work. Things should get back on track here soon once they let him out of his room as I call it lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

More
19 Aug 2021 09:00 #17231 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: Well, they are still behind... My DM friend has been home for the past 10 days or so until he comes back after the Covid for a few days. He said he's only been sick 5-6 times in his life but he got it, had a fever for a day and was fine in a few days. He also said it wasn't too bad for him and he'd had a lot worse from other things but he was trying to stay away from peeps so he didn't pass it on. He and his wife got it from someone in the family. He hadn't been vaxed but his wife had been because she's a teacher, but it made no difference because she got it too and worse than his. I'm hearing and reading a lot lately from peeps that the the vax doesn't really seem to work. Things should get back on track here soon once they let him out of his room as I call it lol. :laughing

i got the vax and still wear a mask when i go out..i don't want to get sick,so i play it safe...i think...but who knows..crazy mess in my book......:2cents :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
25 Aug 2021 06:58 #17237 by GT 14
The VAX is a big Pharma cash cow. Can't keep up with it any more than flu. Media will not even publish that 25k have died from the VAX alone. Normally when 1k die from any Meds or injections they get pulled. My DNA is fine just the way the Lord made it.
Wife and I both had it in March, so we are all set with immunity (which is another thing media ignores) . The Chinese are on the move in the US.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno, nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Sep 2021 19:49 - 08 Sep 2021 19:52 #17278 by Geno
Sorry so long on an update in here but as a lot of you know things have been stupid crazy around here for awhile... :doh

On top of my craziness around here, my Fastenal DM has had and now still has around 25% of his peeps from the 80 stores he runs in and out of quarantine for quite a few weeks and it's not over with yet. He said it was so bad even after moving peeps around everywhere that he had to make a part timer full time and he was running one store all by himself. :surprised He has peeps moved and driving from all over just to try to keep the stores open... Now he's working my kind of hours but with a lot more headaches. :whew

Anyway,,, He is starting to get focus back on the store near Lexington that is all coming here because they have to be out this month and doesn't want the rush of it all happening in the last week of this month. No one has been in that store at all for over 3 weeks until today when they started back with the inventory moving. He has a crew of about 8-10 peeps that have said they would work on a Saturday and get most of it knocked out, and I will prob be over there as well. Since peeps are there now and I can get in the store I'm hoping that I can go and get a load tomorrow and maybe Friday, it's really short notice for me but I'll see what happens and let everyone know.

One thing I know is it's about to get terribly wild here again and I need to catch up on my sleep from my 88 hour week last week as soon as possible... :faint

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 08 Sep 2021 19:52 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Sep 2021 13:09 - 09 Sep 2021 13:09 #17279 by Geno
I am stuck in here a lot of today but the Fastenal DM dropped by a little before lunch with about 10 of the what they call "Gondolas". They are the shelving units in the middle and around the outside of the store. It's amazing how compact they are when broken down. If all goes as planned there will be more tomorrow, the DM and I are possibly going over there to work on it this Sat, and more next week.

Another round of madness has begun on the heels of the last one... :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Sep 2021 13:09 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Sep 2021 08:04 #17280 by Geno
Headed out to the Fastenal store near Lexington to help with tear down and bring some more stuff back. Won't be around for a lot of the day but will give an update later. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
11 Sep 2021 13:47 #17281 by Geno
Spent most of the day at the Fastenal store yesterday. A lot more stuff is ready to go and brought a few more pallets of stuff and another metal rack home. There sure is a lot of stuff over there. :whew

Another development as of yesterday is I acquired another complete store fixture setup, more on that later but they have to be out of it before the end of the year. Good thing about that one is they will be bringing all of it here because I have way too much to do before the end of this year already. :tounge2

I'm going over to the farm to help dad with some things and taking the steam cleaner over there to clean up his other tractors. It's a pretty day and I have to do it sometime before the weather gets cold anyway. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Sep 2021 18:31 - 13 Sep 2021 18:45 #17283 by Geno
After the Monday morning chores I started to move the metal from the old rack to the new metal rack, it has all the tubes in it and some of them are really wedged in there so it made sense just to use it. The new one has all the tags off, it's cleaned up, and the rough edges are worked out on it. I need to make a steel order of what I'm low on, and stock a lot more sizes, but this rack with all the tubes in it is more room than I will ever need. Then I got this idea of using the old one and the another one coming to put fixture stuff in from the Fastenal stores. One metal rack should hold all of the gondola uprights and cross braces, warehouse shelf uprights, the blue bin uprights and some other things as well. It's hard to get that stuff to stay put when just laid up against something. It will also make it all movable with the forklift. :thumb1

2 More truckloads are organized and put up, and the 2 knockdowns are empty. There was even time today to get most of the other things organized in spots and grouped together where it's not just total chaos and I can find things later, that made even more space too. There are a few big boxes of pegboard hangers I may tackle in the morning if time permits then it will all be organized, until more stuff comes that is lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 13 Sep 2021 18:45 by Geno.

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds