• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
12 Jul 2021 18:52 #17129 by Geno
I spent about 4 hours hanging out with the Fastenal District Manager today tagging more fixtures I want, some for me and the shop, some for dad's new barn. I met him at the local Fastenal store around 11am and we took his truck and went to a store near Lexington that's getting consolidated with another one. There were 2 almost empty fixtures that we went on and cleared off and took with us. There are several more gondolas, shelving, another metal rack, a chain roll display that holds heavy rolls of stuff, a bunch more of the blue bins for the regular racks, some other drawer organizers, a lot of pegboard type hangers that do lots of different things, and some other things I'll put in here as they get here. The store is already closed to foot traffic so it won't be too long before it all shows up here. :woo

I have about 8-10 of what they call gondolas picked out, one is in the pics below that we brought back today, they are 7' 2" with adjustable shelves and they all set straight or can lay forward to put things like paint or calking size racking on the shelf to put cans or tubes on. 1 shelf holds 16 cases, or 96 cans of paint, lube, or anything in a can size. The racks can be used single sided or double sided. If you want to see what they are just walk into any Fastenal store and you can see them. There are other things I really liked and picked out like the Milwaukee rack, mostly because it was red already lol. :tounge2

I had a spot for one of these since all of the Fastenal shelves were put in the parts dept on the last redo, so it already had a place to go. I'll add more pics here as things get here and get put together. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 Jul 2021 07:50 - 15 Jul 2021 07:55 #17135 by Geno
I thought picking up 1 can rack setup while we were out the other day would take care of most of the paint, 96 cans should do it to get most of it organized and put up... One thing I learned last night, there are over 300 cans of paint here and lots of cans of other stuff... Looks like when all is said and done that gondola will be nothing but can racks minus the bottom shelf. I gotta slow down on the hoarding. :doh :jump1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Jul 2021 07:55 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
17 Jul 2021 20:45 - 17 Jul 2021 20:46 #17152 by Geno
I thought I put this in here but I guess not, oops. :tounge2

Temporarily look over the part I said in the last post about "I gotta slow down on the hoarding." :doh

I talked to my Fastenal DM friend a few days ago and the new store is ahead of schedule, so tentatively around Aug 1st he is sending in a crew to break down all of the fixtures to get them ready to go. There are a lot more of them coming than I originally planned, I'll fill everyone in when when they're here. I've been trying to round up some extra peeps, trucks and/or trailers (I have some extra trucks to pull them with) to get it all out so I may be out for a few days early next month when the weather permits. Dad can help with his truck, and Clint was here today and said he can most likely help too. I also need to make some space somewhere over the next few weeks to put it all. This would be a really nice time for a bigger new building lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 17 Jul 2021 20:46 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
23 Jul 2021 13:35 #17176 by Geno
Just an update . I just got back from Fastenal giving the guys a pizza party for lunch and we're right on schedule or a little ahead. The first week of August is gonna be a very busy week and I prob won't be around here much. :thumb1

A little clarification on the 1st post about "There are a lot more of them coming than I originally planned", I didn't want to mention this until I was pretty sure. We're getting pretty much the entire store including a lot of the racking in the warehouse. I think it can all be moved in a week. Some of the crew breaking things down are from the local store here and are driving fastenal trucks and said they can bring back truckloads every day when they head back, and the DM lives only a mile or so from me and said he can use his truck too so that will help a lot. :woo

Will know even more toward the end of next week and will give another update then. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Jul 2021 18:58 - 29 Jul 2021 19:00 #17185 by Geno
We were on schedule for this coming Monday but one of the guys doing the breakdown needs to take off Mon + Tues to move, so now it will be this Wed when the madness hits. There may be some things ready a little early, I'll find out tomorrow. :thumb1

This will get done but it's gonna be a much much bigger project than I thought, what else is new... :rolling3 Then I got to thinking, (I know, oh no lol), and asked my DM friend this morning how many of just the 72 each blue bin fixtures were in that store. He said 24 or 25. Then it hit me, that's 1,800 blue bins alone that will be quite a few more loads in itself than I figured. :surprised :faint :tounge2

It's going to be a wild ride for a little while but you all know me, I'm always up for a challenge and I'm not backing down now... :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 29 Jul 2021 19:00 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Aug 2021 18:06 #17200 by Geno
The Cavalier is squeezed in the 4 car garage with everything else that would fit in there, I have somewhere around 1500 sq ft or more of the shop cleared, and a lot of parking lot space cleared if need be for all the Fastenal fixtures. Every cart and wheeled shelving unit is cleared for all the boxes of different peg board hooks and such and I'm as ready as I can be, they will all be broken down so hopefully they will all fit in here, somewhere, we will soon find out... :tounge2

Looks like no rain for a week (if the weatherman is right which is totally debatable) so I'm hoping everything goes smooth. I'll know more of an exact schedule tonight or tomorrow but once this starts I may be impossible to get ahold of for a few days to get this done. I'll let everyone know as soon as I know. :thumb

I wish I had this much space all the time... :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
03 Aug 2021 22:24 #17202 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: The Cavalier is squeezed in the 4 car garage with everything else that would fit in there, I have somewhere around 1500 sq ft or more of the shop cleared, and a lot of parking lot space cleared if need be for all the Fastenal fixtures. Every cart and wheeled shelving unit is cleared for all the boxes of different peg board hooks and such and I'm as ready as I can be, they will all be broken down so hopefully they will all fit in here, somewhere, we will soon find out... :tounge2

Looks like no rain for a week (if the weatherman is right which is totally debatable) so I'm hoping everything goes smooth. I'll know more of an exact schedule tonight or tomorrow but once this starts I may be impossible to get ahold of for a few days to get this done. I'll let everyone know as soon as I know. :thumb

I wish I had this much space all the time... :laughing

WOW LOOKS GREAT.............................:10 :smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Aug 2021 09:19 #17204 by Geno
Thanks Nappy. :thanks

It won't look so great once all the Fastenal store fixtures clog the whole place up though. :laughing

I'm meeting my Fastenal DM over at the store they're cleaning out this morning around 10 and we're formulating a plan to get it all here so I'll fill everyone in when I get back. I'm taking the dually and the 12' trailer and may be over there awhile to help with some of the tear down and bring a load home while I'm at it. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Aug 2021 20:09 - 04 Aug 2021 20:20 #17207 by Geno
Just got out of the shop and home. Got back about 7 tonight and dad came up and helped me get the chain display and cutter off the trailer, trailer is unhooked and the dually is in the shop. We got several displays torn down but it looked like rain so I left the backs we had apart with the pegboard there for now and everything in the bed of the truck was metal shelves. There was no chance of rain today but sure enough I hit a huge downpour on the BG Parkway as soon as I got on it on the way home. It never rained in Lexington or here at home but there sure is a really nice cool breeze. Never listen to the weather man anymore...  :nono

They still have a lot of inventory to move but I'll be going over prob tomorrow and definitely Friday for another load, the Fastenal guys will be bringing some truckloads in on Friday too. Looks like most of the stuff will be ready first of next week and it's gonna make a real mess lol. There's a lot more stuff in the warehouse than I payed attention to and the shop will prob end up filled up and a lot of it I think is gonna end up in the parking lot. Will get some pics up in the morning. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 04 Aug 2021 20:20 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
05 Aug 2021 10:10 #17210 by Geno
Got the morning store orders out and am finally going on to the day again. Whoever at Fastenal designed the fixtures was a smart cookie, they are easy to break down and move, and the wheeled fixtures in the pic after pulling the shelves just fold up. :thumb

The fixtures we cleared yesterday had things on them like the chain cutter, some fancy hooks, the signage, pegboard accessories with dividers, etc., and I thought those were things they would keep and possibly reuse... My DM friend said "you said you wanted the whole store didn't you?" I said yep, no problem here lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds