Geno : Morning all :chill
Fri 30 Jul - 07:11
Fri 30 Jul - 06:21
Geno : Morning all :spock
Thu 29 Jul - 07:26
GT 14 : Morning:c1
Thu 29 Jul - 07:14
Thu 29 Jul - 06:01
Geno : Wild day, just got in the house and it's past my bed time lol, nite all :c4
Wed 28 Jul - 21:05
Geno : Morning all :sun
Wed 28 Jul - 07:13
nappypappy : morning :c2
Wed 28 Jul - 06:54
GT 14 : Morning :biggrin
Tue 27 Jul - 11:46
Tue 27 Jul - 09:22
Geno : Morning all :wsun
Tue 27 Jul - 07:11
Mon 26 Jul - 07:14
nappypappy : morning :c2
Mon 26 Jul - 06:34
Sun 25 Jul - 10:21
wekej@hotmail.com : Wheree to find blades for my 856 Wheelhorse 36" deck? rear discharge must be a left and a right hand turn..
Sat 24 Jul - 20:57
GT 14 : Afternoon :yes
Sat 24 Jul - 14:10
Sat 24 Jul - 08:25
Geno : Happy weekend all :clap
Sat 24 Jul - 07:10
Fri 23 Jul - 07:47
Fri 23 Jul - 07:11
Thu 22 Jul - 07:50
Thu 22 Jul - 07:26
Geno : I need some ideas on how to slow down business, other than doing crappy work and charging a lot lol. :whew :roll5
Wed 21 Jul - 19:44
GT 14 : Afternoon :hello
Wed 21 Jul - 12:49
Wed 21 Jul - 07:13
Wed 21 Jul - 06:43
Tue 20 Jul - 07:57
Tue 20 Jul - 06:13
Mon 19 Jul - 07:36
Mon 19 Jul - 07:17
GT 14 : Morning :c1
Mon 19 Jul - 06:19
Sun 18 Jul - 08:59
Geno : Happy weekend all :clap
Sat 17 Jul - 07:27
Sat 17 Jul - 07:20
Fri 16 Jul - 07:20
Fri 16 Jul - 06:25
Thu 15 Jul - 08:29
Thu 15 Jul - 07:10
Wed 14 Jul - 07:10
Wed 14 Jul - 06:47
Tue 13 Jul - 07:21

Please log in to post and use the shoutbox.

WHS Site and Forum Registration. (16 May 2021)

If you would like to become a member give me a call. Thanks! :thumb1

More Fastenal Racks + Organizing #2

• Geno
  • Geno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
  • Thank you received: 637

Geno created the topic: More Fastenal Racks + Organizing #2

I spent about 4 hours hanging out with the Fastenal District Manager today tagging more fixtures I want, some for me and the shop, some for dad's new barn. I met him at the local Fastenal store around 11am and we took his truck and went to a store near Lexington that's getting consolidated with another one. There were 2 almost empty fixtures that we went on and cleared off and took with us. There are several more gondolas, shelving, another metal rack, a chain roll display that holds heavy rolls of stuff, a bunch more of the blue bins for the regular racks, some other drawer organizers, a lot of pegboard type hangers that do lots of different things, and some other things I'll put in here as they get here. The store is already closed to foot traffic so it won't be too long before it all shows up here. :woo

I have about 8-10 of what they call gondolas picked out, one is in the pics below that we brought back today, they are 7' 2" with adjustable shelves and they all set straight or can lay forward to put things like paint or calking size racking on the shelf to put cans or tubes on. 1 shelf holds 16 cases, or 96 cans of paint, lube, or anything in a can size. The racks can be used single sided or double sided. If you want to see what they are just walk into any Fastenal store and you can see them. There are other things I really liked and picked out like the Milwaukee rack, mostly because it was red already lol. :tounge2

I had a spot for one of these since all of the Fastenal shelves were put in the parts dept on the last redo, so it already had a place to go. I'll add more pics here as things get here and get put together. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Geno replied the topic: More Fastenal Racks + Organizing #2

I thought picking up 1 can rack setup while we were out the other day would take care of most of the paint, 96 cans should do it to get most of it organized and put up... One thing I learned last night, there are over 300 cans of paint here and lots of cans of other stuff... Looks like when all is said and done that gondola will be nothing but can racks minus the bottom shelf. I gotta slow down on the hoarding. :doh :jump1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

I thought I put this in here but I guess not, oops. :tounge2

Temporarily look over the part I said in the last post about "I gotta slow down on the hoarding." :doh

I talked to my Fastenal DM friend a few days ago and the new store is ahead of schedule, so tentatively around Aug 1st he is sending in a crew to break down all of the fixtures to get them ready to go. There are a lot more of them coming than I originally planned, I'll fill everyone in when when they're here. I've been trying to round up some extra peeps, trucks and/or trailers (I have some extra trucks to pull them with) to get it all out so I may be out for a few days early next month when the weather permits. Dad can help with his truck, and Clint was here today and said he can most likely help too. I also need to make some space somewhere over the next few weeks to put it all. This would be a really nice time for a bigger new building lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Just an update . I just got back from Fastenal giving the guys a pizza party for lunch and we're right on schedule or a little ahead. The first week of August is gonna be a very busy week and I prob won't be around here much. :thumb1

A little clarification on the 1st post about "There are a lot more of them coming than I originally planned", I didn't want to mention this until I was pretty sure. We're getting pretty much the entire store including a lot of the racking in the warehouse. I think it can all be moved in a week. Some of the crew breaking things down are from the local store here and are driving fastenal trucks and said they can bring back truckloads every day when they head back, and the DM lives only a mile or so from me and said he can use his truck too so that will help a lot. :woo

Will know even more toward the end of next week and will give another update then. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

We were on schedule for this coming Monday but one of the guys doing the breakdown needs to take off Mon + Tues to move, so now it will be this Wed when the madness hits. There may be some things ready a little early, I'll find out tomorrow. :thumb1

This will get done but it's gonna be a much much bigger project than I thought, what else is new... :rolling3 Then I got to thinking, (I know, oh no lol), and asked my DM friend this morning how many of just the 72 each blue bin fixtures were in that store. He said 24 or 25. Then it hit me, that's 1,800 blue bins alone that will be quite a few more loads in itself than I figured. :surprised :faint :tounge2

It's going to be a wild ride for a little while but you all know me, I'm always up for a challenge and I'm not backing down now... :woo

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds