• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
14 Sep 2021 18:29 #17284 by Geno
The DM had to run over there this morning so I rode with him and we loaded another knockdown with shelves and small parts, and filled the rest of the truck with bins. Most of it is put up already and organized minus 2 more big boxes of pegboard hooks, and I had just got done with the last batch and thought there weren't that many left in the store... There may be another box still in use in the store then that will be the last of them, one thing down lol. :smile2

One more knockdown full of metal shelves should get most of them still there out and will be one more thing down. Big things that are still there are the gondola backs, 20 or so 72 blue bin racks, at least 18-1,900 bins, warehouse shelves, pallet racks, counters and front counter, ok I better stop. For some reason I thought we were doing good but it is a big store lol. :jump1

Almost forgot, I have a man bolt now lol, it doesn't look big in the pic but the bolt is 2" x 11" and the head and nut take a 3" wrench. :surprised

The next store has a very small warehouse type spot within the main store so it will be a lot easier. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2021 13:33 #17285 by GT 14

Geno wrote: Almost forgot, I have a man bolt now lol, it doesn't look big in the pic but the bolt is 2" x 11" and the head and nut take a 3" wrench. :surprised

:thumb1

What no washer?!! :rolling2 :rolling3 :rolling4

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
15 Sep 2021 18:17 - 15 Sep 2021 18:18 #17286 by Geno
I need to ask about that lol. :rolling3

It's a real bolt + nut though, prob weighs about 5 or more lbs and the nut is spot welded, prob so some customer didn't steal it...

I took a pic of it this morning while getting the morning orders ready, it makes the setup for my G9 Lug Kit look tiny and it definitely won't fit in a small flat rate box. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Sep 2021 18:18 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
16 Sep 2021 10:05 #17288 by GT 14
Great conversation starter and paper weight. If anyone needs a bolt for the slew ring on their tower crane, its in stock.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 Sep 2021 11:03 #17290 by Geno
I had it down to 1 box of hooks so I got them finished this morning. I'm all caught up for now and if anyone stops by and needs some nice pegboard hooks I can spare a few lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Sep 2021 08:59 #17291 by Geno
Almost all of the product is out of the store and more of the fixtures are here. Dad and I unloaded some more knockdowns last night and they've already picked the empty ones up this morning. I will prob be back over there tomorrow, Friday, or both, not sure yet. There were a lot of Fastenal peeps over there yesterday moving product out and are several over there today tearing things down. The rain is slowing us all down from transporting today but tomorrow and Friday is supposed to be nice, cold but nice lol. :jump1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
23 Sep 2021 09:25 #17292 by Geno
I've been clearing floor space this morning and the Fastenal guys were over at the store 7:30 this morning loading trucks to come this way. I'm heading back over there now, gonna be a wild day I think lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

More
23 Sep 2021 09:45 #17293 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: I've been clearing floor space this morning and the Fastenal guys were over at the store 7:30 this morning loading trucks to come this way. I'm heading back over there now,
gonna be a wild day I think lol. :laughing

Where you going to put all those shelves at?
looks to me like your shop is filling up with them..

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
23 Sep 2021 19:36 #17294 by Geno

nappypappy wrote:
Where you going to put all those shelves at?
looks to me like your shop is filling up with them..

Not sure yet Nappy, I'll worry about that when the rest of the store is emptied and this little marathon is over, they have to be out and the place cleaned up by end of day next Thursday. :whew

There's still a lot more to move but a lot of it has been moved to the local store that still has inventory in it getting emptied. There were 6 more loaded knockdowns that went there just today plus what went in previous days. At least it is close now and bins, drawer units, and such will trickle in here as they get everything checked in and emptied.

There were 3 of us there today and another peep from the local store came over and hauled an extra load with 2 more knockdowns back so things have sped up a lot. Tomorrow will be another full day over there with at least 3 of us, maybe 4 I think. I brought home a load as well and just got it unloaded and the truck is empty and ready to head back over there early tomorrow morning.

It may be Sat morn before I can get pics of what is here at the shop but if you think the place is full now just wait till this is over lol... :jump1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Sep 2021 09:36 #17295 by Geno
Compared to the past few days today will be an easy day... :whew

Thursday was mainly tear down again and I brought home a load of mostly pegboard and bins. I didn't realize a stack of pegboard was heavy enough to squat a 1 ton truck but it is some nice heavy made in USA stuff. :smile2

Yesterday was more tear down and a lot of climbing and ladder work getting the pallet rack decking down, carrying things around and loading the truck. I should have known the guy doing inventory was there and just me, where is all the help when you need it. :doh My DM friend said it's not worth the manpower, pay, and time invested counting broken packages and smaller inventory so he said he had a present for me. He loaded a some big totes full of free stuff that I can't even pic up, but you can be sure I drug them to the truck and got them down into the bed yesterday and there's more coming when they get the rest sorted. :woo

I think dad looks forward to me using his truck for this stuff because we don't have a good car wash here and I take it to the good car wash in Lexington on the way. I like it because his diesel gets about 3 times the fuel mileage of my built 454 in my dually. It's a win win for us, he keeps the tank full and I keep it clean. :10

The old metal rack is coming in handy to keep all of the frames and uprights in and should hold it all while making it easy to move around. They did find more pegboard hooks from somewhere, or maybe they're breeding... :laughing

I think 1 more day with a few extra peeps will get it all done. There's still a lot of things to tear down but most of the tear down is done and I got about 6 more knockdowns filled with things coming here. Hopefully I just have 1 more day over there, we'll see... A few more pickup loads and if they can get the big box truck to bring a big load it should be mostly over except for the fallout in the shop lol. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds