• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
04 Mar 2023 10:53 #17998 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Power went out here yesterday around 6pm and just came on again this morning at around 10am.  I'm getting ready to head back to the house to take a shower, do my morning ritual, and make some breakfast-lunch. 

It was incredibly wild here yesterday and last night.  The highest recorded sustained winds in KY according to the news were 75mph in downtown Lexington and here in Mercer county at 73mph.  That is not including gusts at other times.  As some of you know that live on a hill like I do they were much higher than that here, just not recorded lol.  I've been here almost 45 years and never seen anything like it other than hurricanes in NJ when we lived there.  Everything here did good minus 1 tree split and uprooted behind the 4 car garage, a few pieces of trim off the house, and a 5 tier 6' tall woven concrete and plaster birdbath in my turnaround that it snapped it off right above the lowest tier.

Anyway,,, I'm off to shower and eat so I can get woke up and going. 

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Mar 2023 12:35 #18000 by Geno
Beginning of last month it was cold enough to kill the evergreens, beginning of this month we've already had record highs, winds, tornadoes, and flowers are almost in full bloom lol. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
09 Mar 2023 09:36 #18004 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Have not heard much from Gore lately, I am sure his backup power plant keep his freeze going.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
10 Mar 2023 11:15 #18007 by jm46322
Replied by jm46322 on topic What's everybody doing?
www.rogersauction.com/auctions/detail/bw96791

just in case anyone has time or room

John in Highland Indiana
self appointed chief mechanic at
WOODWARD FARMS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
11 Mar 2023 13:51 #18009 by Geno
Thanks for the heads up John.   He called me a few days ago and I should have put in on here but time gets away from us old peeps lol.  

I'm taking it a little easy today, doing some things around the place and taking the old Stable FB help page that seemed to have died back to it's roots to get peeps a little help over there since I have a little more time now.

For those who forgot where it was it is here -   FB Stable help page

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
17 Mar 2023 19:16 - 17 Mar 2023 19:17 #18020 by Geno
The shop will be closed tomorrow Sat March 18 so I can catch up on a lot of house work and let this damage to my right arm from a few days ago get some air this weekend and get started healing.  It's not gonna happen when all I do is work, eat + sleep and have to keep it wrapped up all the time.  Plus a right handed peep that can't get the right arm wet in the shower is terribly annoying.  

Maybe worse than that is with no time much leftover this week I'm out of green tea, biscuits, gravy, need to get the dishes out of the sink, clean the kitchen and a lot of other little things lol.  I have plenty of everything ingredients wise but just need to make more.  This is all usually staggered and I do one thing here and there a few mornings a week and make enough for between 3 to 7 days depending what it is.   I really miss my biscuits + sausage gravy every morning the most...   

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 17 Mar 2023 19:17 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
07 Apr 2023 10:35 #18037 by Geno
I hope to be caught up with a few things on my list this week.  Carl is coming to pick up this 416 this morning, welding tables are cleared from all that, and all that's left is for him to go through all the old stuff and see what he wants then the rest can be trashed.

There were a few warm 80+ days this week and next week looks really nice so I hope to finish some other things on the list.

There's a new mailbox and dusk to dawn post light on the post that's been out for years, all that's left is to clean the post and 1 number is missing in the street address on 1 side.  There's no name or anything anywhere else so I can hide from everyone, only the number, it's always been that way since 1995 but  I've been trying to figure out how to make it stand out more for peeps coming from all over without advertising, maybe a Horse head or something somewhere on the post...

The Locust split and uprooted on 1 side got cut up for firewood and is in the back of the dually, just have to do some splitting. Most of the branches are cleaned up from the storm damage minus a little bit of raking left to do in 1 spot.  A pile of branches and most of the yard cleanup is burned.  Everything is mowed for the 1st time but weed eating and spraying needs to be done, it's just been to windy to spray.

I need to get a lot of the equipment cleaned up and lightly oiled as there's some light surface rust starting in places.  The lathe was done the other day and some new magnetic trays put on it so there's no clutter around it.  I've started on the mill + the iron worker and hope to finish them up this weekend with a few more mods + improvements.

Taxes are getting done today as well so that's a load off lol.

Carl is here so more updates later on.

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
11 Apr 2023 18:37 #18040 by Geno
A really nice warm day today and it looks the same for the rest of the week without much wind for the next 3 day either, hopefully Spring has sprung.  Took it easy this morning scheduling some peeps, and spent the afternoon at the UK dentist, car wash, and fooling around in Lexington some.  I guess this is what nice days are really for lol. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Apr 2023 18:43 - 12 Apr 2023 18:46 #18041 by Geno
Got the old faithful 414 out this morning and the spraying rig ready to go.  She turned 36 last week and still runs, moves, and looks almost as good as when she was new.  She's all original minus the tires + wheel paint, and the lug kit and slot hitch she got for her birthday 2 years ago.  About 3 acres got sprayed today with almost 50 gallons of 2-4D, everything is pretty much dead already lol. 

Everyone got serviced and all their maintenance done, cleaned up, blades are sharpened, and they are all ready for work again.  Tomorrow will be mowing day woot...  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Apr 2023 18:46 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
18 Apr 2023 18:55 #18044 by Geno
Been doing some work on the forklift over the past few months inbetween other things.  The original 1972 propane system went down a few months ago which entailed a lot of changes since then but it's all done and updated.  I never realized how valuable it was till it wouldn't start one morning.  I'm redoing the distributor now and changing it over to electronic ignition, parts are supposed to be here tomorrow. 

I'll post more details in the Tools + Equipment section (Other Stuff Category) about all of this in case someone reading here wants to learn about propane systems, runs into this, or wants to do the mods to theirs. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Time to create page: 1.080 seconds