• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
18 Jan 2023 10:05 - 18 Jan 2023 10:08 #17952 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Someone asked why I still put all of the posts here so I decided to show everyone why.  A lot of peeps call or email me but there are still 18-20K peeps on here reading, downloading, getting help from posts, finding what they need, etc, every day and that helps me to keep working.

The screenshot below from a few mins ago shows almost 1,600 peeps here right now, so that is why.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jan 2023 10:08 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 Jan 2023 17:38 - 20 Jan 2023 17:39 #17953 by Geno

It was a little over 60 and sunny this afternoon, turned out to be a really nice day.  

Sales tax paperwork is all done and filed online a few days early, 2022 taxes are all done and a P+L statement ready for my tax guy to do in April, and the toilet is rebuilt and working again lol.  

I also got a start on the forklift today and it's looking like something is wrong with the pressure converter assy or carb.  I've learned how forklift propane systems work now other than reading up on the carb.  All of the wiring is good from where it got a rewire and new charging system a year or 2 ago and all of the electronic parts are off and have tested good.  I have someone checking to see if a rebuild kit that I found is still available for the pressure converter assy that's supposed to call me back tomorrow.  Everything in the propane system looks to be original from 1972 when this one was made, minus the 2 main lines from the tank to valve solenoid that were replaced when I first got it.  At least things are moving along, the Horses are waiting... 

The above quote is on a previous page so I put it all together so no one misses it.  Just got off the phone filling in the next customer in line with the 416-8 and now an update here... 

I have been trying to track down parts all over the country most ALL DAY today.  Some peeps show them but I know to call no matter what when (they say available in blah blah blah time frame), and none of them could even get the parts.  Next were the ones that said in stock, even some with the amount in stock, but when I call to verify they don't have them, and can't get them either.  What a huge waste of time from irresponsible lazy peeps at companies that don't keep up with correct inventory... 

Anyway,,, thank the Lord I called the largest distributor worldwide that made sold all of these parts back in the day, and got a guy that had been with them for 40 years.  He knew exactly what I was doing and working on and was answering all my questions off the top off his head as fast as I could ask them.  Bottom line is I may find a few parts somewhere out there (if I can find them at all) but will spend more fixing the old system and will still have the old system and future parts problems.  This company can send me an entire bolt on system for my application from the tank to the intake, but there is a 6 week lead time.  Most of the time is making it bolt right into my application and it's the only way they do it.  Prob for liability reasons so I understand that part.

Next step was calling a big outfit that I called a few days ago that has or can get all the parts I need to replace the entire system.  I talked to someone there that was another person that knew exactly what I was doing and why.  They do this kind of stuff all the time for a lot of different vehicles, forklifts, machinery, etc.  I told them my situation and what equipment I had, so all I need is parts to replace it all and I can make brackets, do wiring, etc, and do the rest myself to get this thing going.  I sent them pics of what I had, the intake stud spacing, and they are already on it.  They also have a large whse close by so I can pick up parts if need be.

I'll know more hopefully tomorrow, or very soon at the least.  Also nice they are open on Sat. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 20 Jan 2023 17:39 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Jan 2023 17:06 #17955 by Geno
What does it take to get someone to call back anymore? 

This fiasco has been going on for over 2 weeks now and I'm through chasing peeps around.  The largest distributor worldwide I talked to is selling me parts directly so I can get going again.  They were ordered today and will be shipped from Arlington Heights, Illinois (near Chicago) tomorrow.  They are coming UPS and I'm hoping they will be here this Friday. 

Then the other peeps may call back someday and I can tell them too late now, if they ever do call lol.  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
31 Jan 2023 07:41 #17969 by Geno
Forklift parts arrived last Friday and Sat morning was spent checking everything out and going out to round up all the adapters and fittings needed to get it all together.  After that everything became a blur with the phone and peeps needing things and when I came in last night at bedtime with no time for lunch or supper I just sat and wondered where those days went...    

Time to get a handle on things before they get out of hand, again... 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Feb 2023 13:07 - 03 Feb 2023 13:09 #17975 by Geno
Trying to wrap up as much as I can on the site this weekend, next week is warm and I have a lot to do in the shop.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 03 Feb 2023 13:09 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Feb 2023 20:07 - 09 Feb 2023 20:07 #17977 by Geno
Sorry no updates lately but will try to do some soon.  In the past week has been crazy and here it is 30 mins till bedtime and I just got in the house.  There has been way way too much going on around here, especially for this time of year.  All of it is good but I need to reign in things again already before I get like this...  

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 09 Feb 2023 20:07 by Geno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
20 Feb 2023 13:17 #17978 by Geno
Back to fighting the forklift today.    

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Feb 2023 09:33 #17979 by Geno
Getting ready to get the forklift and steam cleaner out and clean up a 416 and deck from Tennessee that's been waiting on me.  Finally back to doing some Horsing around. 

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
23 Feb 2023 10:07 #17980 by Geno
After a lot of prayer I couldn't believe all the space made but thank the Lord I keep finding ways to make space in the shop by just rearranging and cleaning up some clutter.  Nothing was taken out, all the vehicles are still in there, the welding table is clear, the other work table is back on the floor, and there's more space than there has been in a long time.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
01 Mar 2023 15:47 #17992 by Geno
Had some peeps in and out this morning and now just working on Carl's 416 some more and enjoying a nice 83 degree day with the shop door open.  

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds