• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
30 Nov 2022 09:43 - 30 Nov 2022 09:44 #17861 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?

TnT = Try New Tech

Isn't that the truth!  I guess going with the latest and greatest is a double edged sword...  

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 30 Nov 2022 09:44 by Geno.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
19 Dec 2022 17:01 - 19 Dec 2022 17:02 #17934 by Geno
I talked to dad this morning and it seems dad + mom both have the dreaded Covid or something much like it.  They both have fevers and feel like crap, and it's not like either of them to get sick.  I feel great but did see dad last week so I'm gonna close the shop for the next few weeks just to make sure I don't pass it on to anyone if I am carrying it.  I've never been sick that I can think of but I would rather be safe.   

Clint has something that has laid him out for the past month or so also.  He never had a fever but has felt horrible.  I talked to him today and told him it would be best to not come here for awhile as well.  I guess we'll see what all this turns into... 

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 19 Dec 2022 17:02 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
21 Dec 2022 09:35 - 21 Dec 2022 09:36 #17935 by Geno
Some nasty weather coming this way.  I've seen a lot of things here but never a day going from around 50 to 2 below zero in the same day along with ice then snow.      

At least next week will be back up in the 60's... 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Dec 2022 09:36 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
22 Dec 2022 18:29 #17936 by Geno
The cold is coming peeps so batten down the hatches lol.      

The latest weather shots are below and it will prob be worse for you Nappy...  Ambient below zero with wind chills at -30.  I took scrrenshots of the 10 day and hourly, hourly one is the scariest of how fast this is gonna happen and just how strong this front is.  I've seen a lot of things but this one is the worst in my lifetime as far as how strong it is.  The last one even close was in 76 or 77 when I got frostbite getting the cows up on dads 756 before milking way back then. 

It's 78 and sunny in the shop.  I started the Escalade, CTS, Cobalt, Cavalier, + Forklift and let them run for about 15 mins till they were hot and the cooling fans were on a few hours ago so they would emit heat instead of eating heat over night.  After that I filled the wood furnace and choked it down that should do about a 16 hour burn.  I just checked the temp out there online and it's 78, it should stay close to that tonight with the wood furnace alone without any other help.  There are 2 60KW heat strips in each package unit but if they come on it will be nice and warm but the meter may spin clean off the building.     It's also not good for the wallet when they come on on nights or days like this... 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Dec 2022 08:18 - 24 Dec 2022 08:35 #17937 by Geno
Just a little "Global Warming" map from 10 mins ago...  It's below freezing in most all of Texas and not even 40 in Mexico City. 

Wow, I decided to look a little more and just added a 2nd map.  Not much warm going on in the entire world...  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Dec 2022 08:35 by Geno. Reason: added map

More
28 Dec 2022 08:55 #17940 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Government is probably shipping winter coats to the boarder ASAP

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Jan 2023 19:49 #17942 by Geno
Working, getting q4 stuff wrapped up for sales tax due by the 20th this month, working on yearly tax stuff, and getting ready to do 2 more tractors...  As I said in the shoutbox one of them was here until 2am last night trying to figure out what he wanted for a custom tractor and what to do.   He is coming back tomorrow so we can get a final idea and get started, and another one is coming Monday morning to bring his. 

My camera has been down for awhile but I found out what was up with it today so I can start posting some pics again on these latest 2.  For now I'm headed to bed to catch up on some much needed sleep, the rest of this month is looking pretty wild to say the least, but it's all good.  

After the tax stuff is done and these latest 2 are in the works then I need to start to get over to UK again so they can get started on my permanent teeth which should be done by Spring.  After that there is gonna be a really really big parts sale here that I haven't mentioned yet online.  I need space more than anything right now and have more stuff than I know what to do with.  I know it's all my fault for going a little crazy over the years but I need to concentrate on more space right now.  I have other things on my list as well.  It's going to be a crazy but good year for sure.  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Jan 2023 15:15 #17943 by Geno
One of thooooooose days...     A customer flushed the toilet last Sat and water went everywhere, forklift won't start today, a few shop lights are out, you know, one of those days lol...  

The other 416 is here and didn't need the forklift, so that's good news.  The forklift never gave me trouble, even worked great last Sat, but now it's not getting fuel and everything is getting power.  It runs on carb cleaner and everything else looks good, even tried another filled tank.  I haven't worked on propane systems before so this will be another learning experience.

Toilet is a 20 year old American Standard and is apart,  it's getting a rebuild kit because it has been trouble free for 20 years.  The leak is at the tank to bowl gasket so I'll just replace everything in the tank, 20 years is pretty good.

Other stuff is minor, no one is in a hurry for tractors, so the next week or so will be ordering in some parts, working on fixing some things, and working on taxes.  After that maybe I can get back to tractors and normal stuff. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
13 Jan 2023 08:33 #17948 by Geno
What weather we have around here...  It was around 60 yesterday morning and lots of wind when I noticed the wind stopped, then I thought oh boy, I've seen this a few times here.  Then the tornado sirens started going off.  There were 3 F1 tornadoes and an F0 around here yesterday morning, 1 of them a few miles up the main highway that runs in front of my place an F1, another in Danville 15 miles up the road another F1, and 2 others.  The rest of the day we had a ton of rain.

The pic is from the one a few miles up the road.  This morning it is freezing, and the grass is frozen with snow flurries.  It's amazing what can change in just 24 hours...
On the brighter side no one was hurt and it's supposed to be around 60 here again next Tuesday thru Thursday. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
17 Jan 2023 18:51 #17951 by Geno
It was a little over 60 and sunny this afternoon, turned out to be a really nice day.  

Sales tax paperwork is all done and filed online a few days early, 2022 taxes are all done and a P+L statement ready for my tax guy to do in April, and the toilet is rebuilt and working again lol.  

I also got a start on the forklift today and it's looking like something is wrong with the pressure converter assy or carb.  I've learned how forklift propane systems work now other than reading up on the carb.  All of the wiring is good from where it got a rewire and new charging system a year or 2 ago and all of the electronic parts are off and have tested good.  I have someone checking to see if a rebuild kit that I found is still available for the pressure converter assy that's supposed to call me back tomorrow.  Everything in the propane system looks to be original from 1972 when this one was made, minus the 2 main lines from the tank to valve solenoid that were replaced when I first got it.  At least things are moving along, the Horses are waiting... 

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds