What's everybody doing?

More
23 Sep 2022 10:33 #17822 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic What's everybody doing?
Hurricane season bring cool weather ?:read1

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
24 Sep 2022 09:18 #17823 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic What's everybody doing?
Not this time, it actually was a cold front from the NW that came at night and there was no rain with it either, weird. :confused1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
01 Oct 2022 17:50 #17824 by Geno
Well I've spent the last 3 days cleaning up, deleting duplicate files, backing up, getting rid of a lot of emails that had large attachments in them eating disk space, and getting ready to install Linux Mint along side my Windows 7 Ultimate on the shop PC so I can begin the switch to using Linux full time in the shop like I do everywhere else. Something went South in the loader where you select an operating system and messed things up so now the Shop computer is down... Gotta love Windows, NOT :computer

I can still load the new Linux and run it from the USB thumb drive and see everything is still on all the main and backup drives, there's just something wrong in the master boot record so nothing will actually boot from the main drive... Seems I can't fix it even in the bios so now I'll be trying to figure out how to fix that sheesh. :waiting I guess that's what I'll be researching from the house PC tonight and see what I can find, what fun... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
02 Oct 2022 08:01 #17825 by GT 14
Windows putting the hard in software since 1985

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Oct 2022 07:15 #17826 by Geno
No kidding lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Oct 2022 10:10 #17827 by Geno
Everything is back like it was, for now, where is my that was easy button lol. :tounge2

I need to do a few things this morning then I will begin again. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT 14

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
05 Oct 2022 18:51 #17828 by Geno
The latest Linux Mint system is on, done, and the dual boot loader is done. Both Windows and Linux are all tested and working great. I have a lot of customizing done to the new Linux setup, my scheduling program and address/contact, etc files are in, and some other programs are on. I still have to move and convert some files but that was expected. :smile2

The good thing is a lot of programs that I've been using in Windows for many many years are open source like Firefox, Thunderbird email, Open Office (has everything MS Office does), and other things, are already on Linux and ready to go. Also, Linux finds things by itself like printers, internet, networks, and most other things without asking questions and does it on the fly, no drivers or boxes popping up to drive you nuts. It's a big time saver not needing to spend hours and hours on making things work, updating the system, installing antivirus, malware, or spyware programs and the like because Linux doesn't need all that stuff. I am the gatekeeper lol, anything that tries to make any change to the operating system requires a password be entered from my keyboard only. Good for us but bad for all the peeps making billions of $ per year on selling programs, updates, or subscriptions for Windows... :tounge2

The other great thing on top of all that is Linux Mint and other operating systems out there that all use the basic Linux Kernel are all open source and are free, as in no cost for anything. There are also equivalent and in most all cases better programs for Linux based systems and they are all free as well. :thumb

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT 14, nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
11 Oct 2022 17:09 #17829 by Geno
The shop Linux system is pretty much done and what I've been using every day. Windows is on it's own partition on the main drive for now. I'll prob just block it from the internet and use it for a few things for awhile and get more into it when cold weather comes. :thumb

Other than that I've been getting ready for cold weather here lately. The humidifier for the house is clean as new and back on the blower unit and with the nice weather today the Camaro got put back in the 4 car garage and a lot of things moved around and put away that's been out for awhile doing little jobs like the pipe threader and some other things I'm done with. I'm still debating on the portable workshop on the trailer and whether it should be put away until Spring or leave it the way it is a little longer.

It was 77 today and suppose to be over 80 tomorrow then the next cold front is coming. There are a few 75 degree days in the future but not many so I may put the equipment away tomorrow and get the trailer out of the shop, we'll see. I also plan on doing some parking lot rearranging tomorrow and enjoy the nice weather while it's here... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
12 Oct 2022 17:07 #17830 by Geno
I need my shop back to do some Horsin" around so the trailer got unloaded and out of the shop today, I need to get my butt back to a little real work at least lol. :tounge2

Tomorrow will be a high of 65 so there will be a little more cleaning, mopping and rearranging and staying in the shop where the heat is... :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

More
13 Oct 2022 10:16 #17831 by GT 14
Soon time for tree parts to be sacrificed. :wsnow

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds