• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
25 Feb 2021 18:51 #16792 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic New Iron Worker is on the way
A metal box is ordered to keep dies in, and a set of 6" wheels that do 5K lbs. They will be here prob end of next week.

Other things on the way are a 3 phase converter, another housing to put under the original control box that will have the 3 phase converter in it and it's related wiring. A 20' 50A extension cord to cut the female end off of and wire it to the converter. Everything for the conversion will be on the machine along with a 20' cord so it can be rolled around and plugged into the 220V plugs anywhere around the shop. All of the wiring parts will be here this Sat so I can do the wiring next Monday. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Feb 2021 18:20 #16793 by Geno
The missing punch dies showed up today so all of the iron worker parts are here minus some of the fabrication kit parts, guards and table set up for the punching station. They are working on that then this little fiasco of missing parts will finally be over. :tounge2

Everything also showed up today to get it wired up along with a few new 220 50A outlets that are going over by the mill to run the iron worker and to have another welder outlet. I decided to wrap up most of the Escalade engine today so the iron worker stuff will get started on Monday after the Escalade is done. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
02 Mar 2021 18:44 #16802 by Geno
Been another crazy day again. :doh Another tractor showed up today out of the blue that I had no idea was coming so I'm not doing good keeping with my schedule. :tounge2

The wheels will be here tomorrow and it will be a priority to get them put on so I can wheel it around and get the forklift free. The new electrical box got mounted today, I just need to wire it up tomorrow and it will be ready minus some of the missing parts that still aren't here yet. Then it's on to getting the new outlets in and putting it to work. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
03 Mar 2021 18:18 #16804 by Geno
She's wired and ready to try out tomorrow. The shop is cleared out and after a little rearranging and installing 2 more outlets tomorrow it will be ready to use. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
03 Mar 2021 20:43 #16805 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: She's wired and ready to try out tomorrow. The shop is cleared out and after a little rearranging and installing 2 more outlets tomorrow it will be ready to use. :woo

Shop looks great.....................................................:woo :smile2 :cof3 :dance3 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Mar 2021 18:17 #16808 by Geno
Thanks Uncle Nappy. :thanks

I do love project boxes. One is on the iron worker for the converter and I got out another today for the welding outlet junction, sure beats taking the building apart. I made a setup that just gets its power from the converter on the mill and jumped it to the new outlets. The wire and cords are bigger than need be and they are never run all at once anyway so all is good. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
04 Mar 2021 18:23 #16809 by Geno
I think I have a good spot close to the welding bench picked out where I can get to all sides of the machine. I fired up the machine and it runs but the press arms aren't raising and the foot pedal isn't working. Guess I'll talk to them tomorrow about that... :doh

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Mar 2021 18:34 - 06 Mar 2021 18:36 #16814 by Geno
It is finally working. :woo

They sent another complete fabricators kit with everything in it instead of trying to find the missing pieces, it should be here Monday. One thing I can say, the customer service from them is the best and above and beyond what I've seen in a very long time. :thumb

Still a few things I want to do to it, hopefully I can get it done Monday but good thing is it is usable now. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Mar 2021 18:36 by Geno.

More
06 Mar 2021 18:53 #16816 by Kurt-NEPA
Yeah! Great to hear its up and running. Time to make some parts. Congratulations!

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Mar 2021 13:51 #16822 by Geno
Thanks Kurt and thanks for the wiring brainstorming so I stayed on track lol. :thanks

Now it's on to making it more user friendly and doing a few more modifications. :smile2

The motor and pump was transmitting a lot of vibration into the reservoir and machine making it a lot louder. I have a flooring guy friend that brought me a lot of leftover heavy duty rubber flooring from an exercise type business he redid a few years ago and it was perfect for this. There's a piece cut to fit under the reservoir and a piece cut to go over the cover to stop a little more noise and make sure the tooling stays put. And to not scratch the machine of course... :laughing

I'm sure there will some more pieces cut to put around the machine so the floor paint doesn't get chipped up when using it as well.

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds