• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
24 Feb 2021 18:58 #16783 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic New Iron Worker is on the way
I'll have to give another update tomorrow, I've been with people and on the phone most of the afternoon and it's time to go. :doh :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2021 19:53 #16784 by Kurt-NEPA
Fantastic, can't wait for pictures.

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Feb 2021 09:30 #16785 by Geno
I have pics alright, 20 of them sent to the manufacturer last night showing damage they knew was there when they crated it with no damage to the crate or plastic wrap as it was unboxed. I asked them if they were trying to electrocute me. :doh

If you remember the delay was due to electrical problems, seems they weren't very careful taking things apart to find the problem. There is a lot of broken coated metal conduit with sharp edges up against high power 3 phase wiring all over the machine. After that is all replaced then we need to see if it actually works. I'll put one of several pics I sent them showing the damage was there when they wrapped it up, and others I found when it was unboxed and unwrapped, of course there is no damage to the machine or crate at all... Most of the fabricators kit was not in there as well. This could be another good thing, I can fix the damage if they send me parts and some more free tooling for my labor.  :whistle :smile2

They have been super good to me so far, we'll see how far this part of it goes.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Feb 2021 09:51 #16786 by Geno
On a better note, the machine is an absolute monster and very thoughtfully designed, I had no idea how massive the steel would be in this thing. The press arm piece (#7 in the pic) is 2" thick steel. There is absolutely no doubt that there will be nothing it can not do and much, much more than I need once it's up and working. I couldn't have picked a better machine, and all of the problems so far have resulted in deep discounts and free tooling to make up for the trouble so I was sorta happy to see there may be more more of that in my future lol. :tounge2 :thumb1

The station opposite the punch is something that can accept any tooling I can think up to make for it based on the original station design for mounting it because it is a simple arm press design. It also has easily adjustable high and low stops for repetitive work, it will come in handy mostly for bending a lot of parts while keeping them all the same. This machine is gonna be the best thing ever brought in here. :woo

Once I talk to them today and see what's up from here I'll let everyone know and get started on the other plans I had for it once it was here. :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!

More
25 Feb 2021 10:15 #16787 by nappypappy

Geno wrote: On a better note, the machine is an absolute monster and very thoughtfully designed, I had no idea how massive the steel would be in this thing. The press arm piece (#7 in the pic) is 2" thick steel. There is absolutely no doubt that there will be nothing it can not do and much, much more than I need once it's up and working. I couldn't have picked a better machine, and all of the problems so far have resulted in deep discounts and free tooling to make up for the trouble so I was sorta happy to see there may be more more of that in my future lol. :tounge2 :thumb1

The station opposite the punch is something that can accept any tooling I can think up to make for it based on the original station design for mounting it because it is a simple arm press design. It also has easily adjustable high and low stops for repetitive work, it will come in handy mostly for bending a lot of parts while keeping them all the same. This machine is gonna be the best thing ever brought in here. :woo

Once I talk to them today and see what's up from here I'll let everyone know and get started on the other plans I had for it once it was here. :smile2

Nice looking machine but can it make tie rods?
:woo :smile2 :bacon0

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
25 Feb 2021 10:51 #16788 by Kurt-NEPA
Sweet. That thing looks fantastic. Looks like a excellent choice in machines to me. Hope I get to see it some day.

1988 520H
1995 520H
1998 520xi
2000 522xi
1950 Ford 8N
1955 Ford 660
Single Stage Blower
2-Two Stage Blowers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Feb 2021 12:43 - 25 Feb 2021 12:43 #16789 by Geno
No it does not make tie rod ends Nappy. :rolling

The conduit thing is figured out, all of them but one is just not installed correctly. I can cut a wrap off of the broken one on the pedal assy to assemble it correctly. They just uploaded a vid for me to see how to fix them, great service for sure. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 25 Feb 2021 12:43 by Geno.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Feb 2021 18:21 #16790 by Geno
The ends were an easy fix so no free tooling, oh well lol. :tounge2

The wiring is brilliant, the more I take this thing apart the more I like it. The only thing running 3 phase is the motor itself, single phase 220V is split off of the 3 phase input in the control box running to a transformer that converts all of the control systems to 24V. Control circuits are all just triggering relays and the relays have clear covers so you can see if they are working. It looks complicated in the box but it really isn't. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Feb 2021 18:30 #16791 by Geno
The plastic guards were removed so I could see marks better when working with it. The rear cover is off and the design is awesome there as well. It's nice to see something designed so simple, well laid out, and easy to work on or service. I've used a lot of Iron workers over the years but nothing compares to this one as far as it's design. The engineer must have had experience using one of these, being a mechanic, or maybe he had a mechanic standing over his shoulder helping lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.674 seconds