• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
22 Dec 2020 09:30 #16556 by Geno
Well I really did it now, the monster is on the way. :woo

I've been working with these peeps for several weeks and they finally got the iron worker and tooling I wanted at the price and shipping real close to where I wanted it to be. I ordered it this morning and it's shipping from Georgia truck freight so it shouldn't be too long.

This thing will expand the ability to make a lot of new parts and say goodbye to a lot of the band sawing, drilling, extra finishing, and clean up. It's bending capabilities will be endless for what is done around here. It will also do a lot of the parts we already make much much less time. It can cut a piece of steel or punch a hole in 3 seconds, faster than you can even put the steel in the band saw or a drill bit in a chuck.

It's a lot more than needed for most jobs but I needed something that would shear and punch the 5/8" steel that is used a lot around here. This one will shear 3/4" and punch up to a 1 1/16" hole in 5/8" stock, a little overkill but the lesser machines wouldn't touch 1/2" let alone the 5/8 I needed it to do. :thumb1

Will put up more pics when it gets here.

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2020 11:31 #16569 by GT 14
Replied by GT 14 on topic New Iron Worker is on the way
All that new floor space is disappearing now. Nice looking unit!

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
24 Dec 2020 15:04 #16570 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic New Iron Worker is on the way
Thanks GT. :thanks

Peeps have still been buying what few tractors I had ready to sell so I get another roughly 3' x 6' space here and there lol. :tounge2 Steve that I restored the last 312-8 for actually took my last one that was ready (414-8) so I dug out a 520HC and 416H that was behind the machine area (under the white truck on the rack) that I thought about keeping but decided to sell. I'm getting better about getting realistic on what I really need to keep. I guess you could say I'm getting more focused lol. :laughing

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
25 Dec 2020 10:57 #16571 by GT 14

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Jan 2021 17:48 #16692 by Geno
Just an update on the monster... Well, it's still not here yet. :doh

Everyone was buying equipment like crazy like I did the end of last year to beat the price hikes and take advantage of the 100% tax write off. The basic machine alone went up $1,000 right after I bought the last one, and that wasn't including the tooling price hikes. The one I bought was the last one they had left in the USA and it's having some electrical issues that I've been trying to help them narrow down over the phone. Like most mechanical peeps, they don't make the electronics and no one there seems to know anything about them... The next batch should be ready soon so at least they will ship something out soon. For the delay they also gave me some extra free tooling so in hindsight it did work out pretty good lol. :woo

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
01 Feb 2021 12:01 #16698 by Geno
Tomorrow will be a 6 week delay but everything is supposed to ship tomorrow. :woo

On top of that they gave me some stuff below for patiently waiting and understanding. A Gauging table kit, and fabricators protector kit for free, a real deal on another shearing station, and free shipping on both of them. It pays to be nice to people and thank the Lord for yet another blessing, He is so good. :thumb1

8.55 ton-9200 (It comes with a lot more than what's in the pic.) normally $350.00, now free woooooo lol. :woo
Gauging table kit and fabricators protector kit.

8.55ton-5000 (a shearing station for round, square, angle, and flat stock) normally $550.00, now $200.00

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

More
03 Feb 2021 09:46 #16701 by GT 14
:bliss :thumb :bliss

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
06 Feb 2021 08:44 #16705 by Geno
The extra shearing station and punching dies got here yesterday, well most of the dies, several are missing and they are getting that fixed. The Iron Worker, bending station, gauging table kit and fabricators protector kit are all supposed to be here next Tuesday. :woo

Next week will be getting it on wheels, all set up and ready to go to work. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
08 Feb 2021 10:57 #16709 by Geno
The Iron Worker is still on schedule for tomorrow and the bending station just showed up. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
09 Feb 2021 17:26 #16714 by Geno
Oh well, now weather is in the way... It's stuck North of Cincinnati and we have some bad weather on the way here tonight so it will prob be several more days. :doh

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds