• Geno
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
01 Jun 2022 15:41 #17743 by Geno
This was supposed to be the last appt before surgery but unfortunately I have 1 more. :doh It is scheduled for next Thursday June 9 at 9am. It may be sooner because I'm still on a call list.

We didn't get to finish because the bottom mold broke while fitting it. They started working on fitting the top one while the lab over there tried to fix the bottom one but it broke again after the fix. Then they tried to fix it again while finishing up the top one and it broke again. They said another mold would have to be made and try to reinforce a thin spot in it because of the way my teeth are before they can finish up. The top is done and I picked out everything (color, etc) for the new temp teeth so all that's left is getting this bottom mold fitted, then we can schedule the surgery. Oh well, it is what it is. :tounge2

I guess I'll piddle around here for another week or until they call and I know more about what's going on. I have plenty to do around the property to keep me busy... :smile2

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
11 Jun 2022 16:41 - 11 Jun 2022 16:42 #17758 by Geno
Sorry so late on a reply. Thurs morn was dentist and Fri morn was chiropractor. It seems like by the time I get back the day gets busy and just flies by...  :whistle

Thursday morning at the dentist went well and all of the prep work is done. After the molds were done they had me put them in my mouth to check them and said that's basically where my new teeth would be, they had me try to do some talking... One test was counting from 60-66, another was counting from 50-55, among other things. Needless to say I barely understood a word I said so I guess learning how to talk again and eat again is a real thing lol. :tounge2

Next step is the surgery, which I thought would be around this time. It looks like that won't be till the end of July so I have to rearrange my schedule from what I thought since it took so long to get to this point. Instead of taking extra time while and after I'm healing up from the surgery to do things around here I'm gonna have to do them before. August will just be way to hot, a harder time to heal, and bad for all the holes in my head if I'm outside or overdue it. :laughing

The shop will prob be closed from next Monday thru the end of August just to be safe. I'm hoping to have everything around the property done, a few more cars and a lot of other things sold, and a lot of cleaning and organizing done before the surgery. I'll be concentrating on all of the outside type work including the porches, steps, pressure washing cars and things that will be sold, and things like that. There's a lot to do that I'll update in the Talk it Up section as it happens. :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!
Last edit: 11 Jun 2022 16:42 by Geno.

More
13 Jun 2022 09:07 - 13 Jun 2022 09:07 #17759 by GT 14
Let the road rise up to meet you.
I pray you procedures will be without incident.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225
Last edit: 13 Jun 2022 09:07 by GT 14.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
19 Jul 2022 14:38 #17776 by Geno
Well, this week is my last week of doing some things, and getting a few things wrapped up before next week when I have to close up the shop and spend time learning how to talk and eat again. :tounge2

Next Monday the shop gets locked up for a little bit. The surgery is next Tuesday morning, then I have to be back for a checkup next Thursday morning. I'm gonna try to sleep after I get home on Tuesday and Wednesday and try to take it real easy so I don't get any dry sockets. I'll know more after next Thursday so I'll put an update in here then, at least I will still be able to type. They say any understandable talking will take several weeks so I'll be staying away from the phone until I'm understandable, whenever that is lol. :jump1

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
25 Jul 2022 17:09 #17777 by Geno
Tomorrow is the big day, I don't know if that's good or bad but it will end up being a good thing in the long run I'm sure. :tounge2

I've over analyzed everything (as usual) and done all I can to help with doing the best I can to avoid a dry socket. It's a little cooler in the house than usual, the house is clean, dust free and the bedding is all washed (to prevent a possible sneeze), cool showers are in the forecast (eek), no cigars (boo hoo lol), no going outside, getting too hot or straining, and I have my headphones and HGH (Human Growth Hormone) music out that I have used on occasion, and has been used for over 25 years at Mayo Clinic for faster healing. You can find out more about it at BrainSync.com, Ive been using a lot of Kelly's stuff since way back in my old sound days and it works fantastic. Yea I'm OCD with everything, not just tractors... :laughing

The house is stocked with chicken broth, apple sauce, milk, orange cream-sickle ice cream, jello pudding and gelatin, and there's another water cooler in the house and some extra 5 gal bottles of water brought in from the shop to drink. I can't have my green tea for awhile because it prevents clot-lets. I haven't had any green tea in the past 4 days and I can tell a big difference, I can't wait till they tell me when I can have it again. That will be my diet for supposedly the next 2 weeks. I went a little wild eating over the past week and gained about 5 lbs but there will prob be more than that gone by the weekend. With the extra 5 gained I need to loose 15 to get to my ideal weight but if it gets to be too much I'll just eat more ice cream. :smile2

The surgery starts at 9 tomorrow morning and should be done by noon so depending on how I feel I may give another update, or disappear and just try to sleep for a few days. Talking will be impossible for awhile while I learn how to talk again but at least I can still type. The shop will be completely closed for 2-4 weeks and I'll keep everyone updated in here as far as what's happening. See everyone later as soon as I can... :thumb1

Welcome to the Stables!

More
27 Jul 2022 08:39 #17778 by nappypappy

Tomorrow is the big day, I don't know if that's good or bad but it will end up being a good thing in the long run I'm sure. :tounge2

I've over analyzed everything (as usual) and done all I can to help with doing the best I can to avoid a dry socket. It's a little cooler in the house than usual, the house is clean, dust free and the bedding is all washed (to prevent a possible sneeze), cool showers are in the forecast (eek), no cigars (boo hoo lol), no going outside, getting too hot or straining, and I have my headphones and HGH (Human Growth Hormone) music out that I have used on occasion, and has been used for over 25 years at Mayo Clinic for faster healing. You can find out more about it at BrainSync.com, Ive been using a lot of Kelly's stuff since way back in my old sound days and it works fantastic. Yea I'm OCD with everything, not just tractors... :laughing

The house is stocked with chicken broth, apple sauce, milk, orange cream-sickle ice cream, jello pudding and gelatin, and there's another water cooler in the house and some extra 5 gal bottles of water brought in from the shop to drink. I can't have my green tea for awhile because it prevents clot-lets. I haven't had any green tea in the past 4 days and I can tell a big difference, I can't wait till they tell me when I can have it again. That will be my diet for supposedly the next 2 weeks. I went a little wild eating over the past week and gained about 5 lbs but there will prob be more than that gone by the weekend. With the extra 5 gained I need to loose 15 to get to my ideal weight but if it gets to be too much I'll just eat more ice cream. :smile2

The surgery starts at 9 tomorrow morning and should be done by noon so depending on how I feel I may give another update, or disappear and just try to sleep for a few days. Talking will be impossible for awhile while I learn how to talk again but at least I can still type. The shop will be completely closed for 2-4 weeks and I'll keep everyone updated in here as far as what's happening. See everyone later as soon as I can... :thumb1

Hey and how you feeling?

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Jul 2022 15:50 #17779 by Geno
All I could say to myself yesterday is "what have I done?!" :whew

It was supposed to be 2 hours that turned into 4, the wisdom tooth gave them a lot more trouble than they thought and went into the sinus cavity. I have to go back in the morning and I'll know more then, I was a little out of it yesterday, and last night was a rough night.

Most of today was spent reading and drifting in and out of sleep in the papasan chair all day.

Welcome to the Stables!

More
28 Jul 2022 07:05 #17780 by GT 14
Praying for a good outcome.

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Jul 2022 11:02 #17781 by Geno
Had another checkup yesterday morning and all looks good. :thumb1

Feeling real good today, just bored to death. :waiting

I'm not taking anything for pain and feel good, the things in my mouth (dentures) are a pain in the butt but other than that I feel pretty normal, whatever that is lol. :laughing I lost 8 lbs the past 3 days and made some scrambled eggs this morning, the liquid type things just aren't cutting it. I thought it would hurt a lot more than this but I guess I got used to more pain than I thought with all the mess in my mouth over the past 35+ years.. :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
01 Aug 2022 10:11 #17782 by Geno
I guess there is a lot of truth to getting rid if these problem teeth. It will be 1 week tomorrow but I'm surprised how much better I feel already. I feel more relaxed yet awake and alert during the day, it starts as soon as the alarm goes off in the morning and still feels the same when it's bed time. Some of it could be loosing 10 lbs, my diet, or the extra rest, but I've done all that before and it just wasn't the same as this. :smile2

Anyway, next checkup is this Thursday morning. And I really want a cigar lol... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds