• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
28 Feb 2022 09:37 #17590 by Geno
March will be an uncertain month for me... :doh

A little background... When I was a teenager dad was spraying some kind of herbicide and I was discing it in behind him. I went to bed that night not feeling well then woke up in the hospital 3 days later in a tub full of ice. My temperature had gone to over 106 and I should have died or been a vegetable at best if I lived but God has this habit of doing what He wants no matter what anyone says. :smile2 I found out later that one result of a high temperature (like Scarlet fever) is that your teeth become brittle. I take good care of them and watch to not eat anything very hard but I still have few broken off that are white and clean breaks like they were cut off smooth. The end of January I broke off one of the main front ones at the gum line, and the eye tooth behind it had broken off not too long before. Most honest dentists have told me not to spend a lot on them as they would just break off eventually anyway.

The best dental work I've ever had is at UK (University of Kentucky) so the end of January I called and the earliest I could get in and get started was a month away, March 1, which is tomorrow. They have the most advanced equipment of anyone around, teach dentistry, other medical and other things, and have always been very honest with me so I'm headed back over there. They also have a big hospital all in the same building in case something goes South or if I have to be put to sleep, which I hope doesn't happen. :whew I haven't been to a dentist, or doctor for that matter in many years and am not looking to forward to this but I refuse to not have my front teeth that just broke off...

I'm going over tomorrow to get full ex-rays and a good look at what's going on everywhere to figure out what the best thing to do is. After that the next appointment will be to look at different options and the cost involved and let me know what they are. A lot of peeps over the years have just told me to pull them all and do dentures or something but with teeth like mine pulling them is easier said than done. I'm not new to this, it's been going on for over 40 years. I've had 9 root canals and a lot of the rear molars pulled that broke off even after the root canals. If they pry on another it could break off, and they never come out in one piece, they have to pull them in pieces because every time they get ahold of something it just breaks off a little at a time. The worst thing I think is that most of them that I do still have, like these 2, are still alive and have their nerves.

Anyway,,, If you would say a little prayer for me I would appreciate it. I have no idea when I will be here at the shop or when I will be at the dentist in downtown Lexington (along with a 2 hour or so road trip time with traffic), what we will be doing, how long it will take, or if things will happen where I can't work for a little bit which will make me crazy lol. :laughing

I just wanted everyone to know that if I disappear for a little bit here and there this will be why. I will keep this post updated as I know what's going on. :whew

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2022 20:57 #17593 by CortlandBill
good luck and blessings -- Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geno

More
01 Mar 2022 07:38 #17594 by nappypappy
Good luck..i also know about problem teeth since i had emergency surgery at one time on mine....sometimes pulling them all is the best answer.....

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
01 Mar 2022 10:40 #17596 by GT 14
We will pray wisdom for you and the doctors.
In Jesus name!

1969 GT-18
1978 C-101
1983 C-225

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
02 Mar 2022 08:08 #17597 by Geno
Thanks guys. :thanks

Yesterday they poked and prodded a little, took full xrays and will be putting together some options. Looks like whatever days I have an appointment over there will be a full day out of the shop and it will prob be a lot of them, we'll see. I hadn't been over there in awhile but between the trip, traffic, and just getting parked and getting to where I need to be at UK takes a lot of time, that place is huge and covers way over a square mile of real estate. :whew The people over there are great, nice and really helpful though. I got lost getting where I needed to be and especially back to the parking garage so I got to talk to quite a few of them lol. :laughing

Things have changed a lot there as well. There are computer screens on arms like the lights around the chair and not sure what they are for. The only thing I was hoping was gone was the drill but it was still there... :hiding It looks like there's a lot more technology in the room and surrounding the chair and hopefully that's a good thing but one thing is for sure, I still don't like laying, sitting, or being near that chair. I told the head girl yesterday when we were talking and she was checking things out that I pretty much don't fear anything or anyone on Earth, except for that chair lol... :tounge2

Welcome to the Stables!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nappypappy

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
10 Mar 2022 17:44 #17615 by Geno
They've looked everything over and the next appt is on Monday March 21 after lunch to look at options, won't be in the shop much that day. Have I mentioned I don't like the dentist chair...  :whistle

Welcome to the Stables!

More
11 Mar 2022 08:48 #17617 by CortlandBill
have dentist give you the gas

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users