• Geno
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
02 Apr 2015 10:20 #2467 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic HVAC Industry?
I know I have 120V coming in so that could be tapped into. The float system know as you probably already know is mechanical.

Welcome to the Stables!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2015 11:05 #2472 by nappypappy
Replied by nappypappy on topic HVAC Industry?
wow that's going right over my head...

1985 416-8
520-H
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I can't see the forest for the trees.

More
02 Apr 2015 11:13 #2473 by AJ WH Ranger
Replied by AJ WH Ranger on topic HVAC Industry?

Geno wrote: I know I have 120V coming in so that could be tapped into. The float system know as you probably already know is mechanical.

If it currently has a float we may be able to use it. Most of the time they use that float just like a float in fuel pump. As the float changes position so does the resistance changing the state of an IC or moving your fuel gauge needle.

So this is not always the best option. A NO or NC SPST switch is perfect in this situation to just trigger a valve on and off.

AJ
Bassin' and Horsin' around!

66 Lawn Ranger
68 Lawn Ranger
72 Charger 10 auto
74 C-100 8-Speed
81 C-101 Blackhood

• Geno
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
02 Apr 2015 12:34 #2482 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic HVAC Industry?
Actually now the PCM's are sending 5 volts to the sender, then the PCM receives a signal back through the sensor low reference, then the PCM is sending the signal to the ICM (Instrument cluster module) which calculates the fuel level through a voltage and resistance combination to determine a percentage of fuel remaining number so it can set the gauge where it belongs. Can't even test them without a signal generator and instrument panel tester, and people want to know why I quit working on cars... :rolling

Welcome to the Stables!

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds